STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Hi, what is the price for july 2022? Thanks

There are a few variables, but for a family of 4 weekday trip (Mon July 11th - Wed July 13th 2022) the Galaxy Suite w/insurance was $7948 and the standard room would have been $6811.30. Weekends and Holidays I'm assuming was higher, having less occupants was less. Others have posted their costs on this thread.

There are a few variables, but for a family of 4 weekday trip (Mon July 11th - Wed July 13th 2022) the Galaxy Suite w/insurance was $7948 and the standard room would have been $6811.30. Weekends and Holidays I'm assuming was higher, having less occupants was less. Others have posted their costs on this thread.
Thanks. I am thinking of it, but for a party of nine, it is not cheap....

9 is a tricky party size to plan for. Best bet is probably to ask for 2 adjacent standard cabins.

Helmet covering the face isn't allowed, but he can carry it with him. Boba Fett show will be out by then and he carries his helmet a lot according to the trailer. Yep the blaster won't be allowed either.

Does demand seem a little low to you guys? Summer is still wide open and reports of booking going much quicker than initially. When this was announced I anticipated many months would sell very quickly, similar to new resort openings. I guess price is a big factor.

Does demand seem a little low to you guys? Summer is still wide open and reports of booking going much quicker than initially. When this was announced I anticipated many months would sell very quickly, similar to new resort openings. I guess price is a big factor.

I think price is a giant factor, but that also we're not seeing the full picture. For all we know all voyages from June - September could be 95% sold and it would still show the same status on the website, even if that's not very different from sold out. I think it's doing OK though for what it is, particularly because I've seen posts from people on other forums predicting that it wouldn't sell out beyond the first month, and now April and most of May are gone too.

What has been heard is that basically all suites and all captain's tables are sold out for the whole booking period.

I think price is a giant factor, but that also we're not seeing the full picture. For all we know all voyages from June - September could be 95% sold and it would still show the same status on the website, even if that's not very different from sold out. I think it's doing OK though for what it is, particularly because I've seen posts from people on other forums predicting that it wouldn't sell out beyond the first month, and now April and most of May are gone too.

What has been heard is that basically all suites and all captain's tables are sold out for the whole booking period.
Agree 100%.

When you consider that the first three months are already essentially booked solid when general booking has been open for less than a week... my feeling is that sales are going fairly well. However, it is important to note that people are shelling out cash for a product that is essentially unknown at this point. Disney had better deliver something spectacular if they want to keep this momentum going. If they do, expect availability to vanish and/or prices to skyrocket.

I do think demand is lower than we thought...but I don't think lower than what Disney was thinking. I believe there is a reason that they only have up until September bookings currently. I think it is a wait and see approach to see how it goes and price accordingly. Look at the prices for the Disney Wish which sails next year...the 1st 6 months the prices are stupid high...after that they show more normal pricing. It is what the industry as a whole does....1st to go pays 1st to go prices. I do think that we are going to see price changes quicker than we think.

The whole process if you ask me is very different. You have to call, no online pricing. If you do the AP pre-sale you can only do certain months. If you are DVC you have to use points for 1st person. All very odd to say the least....it only added to the reservation call problems they had.

Time will tell

It's also worth noting that another thing probably slowing sales down is just how novel an experience this is and how little is known about it.
Even among people who've booked I see people asking questions like if it were any other hotel on-property (it's not.)

Heck, there haven't even been any real pictures or layouts posted of the suites still and those have all sold out!

I suspect people who are on the fence thus far will be more willing to book when they have a better idea of what they're going to be getting.

I think Disney is likely thrilled with the demand so far. They’ve already sold about $20million in rooms just for those sold out dates from March-mid May. There is no question it’s a success.

I do think it will be difficult for them to keep the experience evolving enough to get most guests to revisit at the current prices though. After this 1st trip, they would have to do something amazingly spectacular to get me to pay that much again.

I think Disney is likely thrilled with the demand so far. They’ve already sold about $20million in rooms just for those sold out dates from March-mid May. There is no question it’s a success.

I do think it will be difficult for them to keep the experience evolving enough to get most guests to revisit at the current prices though. After this 1st trip, they would have to do something amazingly spectacular to get me to pay that much again.

I think their plan to get return visitors (at least at first) is to leave people wanting to see parts of the ship and pieces of the story that they missed on their first voyage. There are a certain number of plots and paths and they take you to different places/experiences.

I wanted to know if my DH and I could do different story lines or if we had to stay together (you have to dine together with your party, fyi, there was a single Captains Table seat left one night and I wanted to see if he could have it). The CM who helped me book confirmed that every person can choose their own things and then mentioned this is part of why people would want to revisit because you’d be talking with someone about their experience and they’d have seen or done something you hadn’t.

I don't think Disney needs repeat business. Let's guess at about 4 people per room. That's 400 per voyage and 73,200 per year. If 1% of Americans want to do this, ever, it would take 45 years to get them all booked. And that's assuming that the US birth rate is zero. It'll be full for years to come.

I don't think Disney needs repeat business. Let's guess at about 4 people per room. That's 400 per voyage and 73,200 per year. If 1% of Americans want to do this, ever, it would take 45 years to get them all booked. And that's assuming that the US birth rate is zero. It'll be full for years to come.

I agree. Based on a lot of decisions Disney has made recently, I think they're way more focused on first time guests than repeat business.

So it breaks down like this...100 rooms, lets use the math of 4 per room at a cost of 6,000 per room at the cheapest rate according to Disney. Disney will average 15 voyages per month for a monthly total of about $9,000,000 or a yearly total of $108,000,000...

This is all assuming full bookings. So I agree, if they get those numbers...who cares about repeat business.

But it is telling that you can pickup the phone and easily make reservations for this currently...not the 1st few months, but you can def make reservations. And I can guess that there will be cancellations right before the 90 day mark, just like cruises. Question is...will Disney do last minute sailing deals like the cruise industry??

All very exciting to see what happens and where it goes from here. As Disney has said...this is new ground for them too

Our friends who are coming with us aren't arriving at the same time and will need to use some transport to get to the hotel other than the rental car we're using (my husband won't want to leave once we get to the resort at 1PM). It looks like it's not an option in Mears connect or other apps (Lyft). Anyone have an idea of what the address is so they can get an estimate of cost?

Our friends who are coming with us aren't arriving at the same time and will need to use some transport to get to the hotel other than the rental car we're using (my husband won't want to leave once we get to the resort at 1PM). It looks like it's not an option in Mears connect or other apps (Lyft). Anyone have an idea of what the address is so they can get an estimate of cost?
I don't know the address, but they could always use Hollywood Studios for an "estimate".

Edited:
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Terminal
201 South Studio Drive
Bay Lake, Florida 32830

The resort address showing in the Disney app is:
201 S. Studios Dr.
Lake Buena Vista,
Florida 32830

When I put that into Google maps it suggests 201 Studio Dr. - maybe try one of those?

The resort address showing in the Disney app is:
201 S. Studios Dr.
Lake Buena Vista,
Florida 32830

When I put that into Google maps it suggests 201 Studio Dr. - maybe try one of those?
Does anyone have any arial shots of the construction like we used to get for Galaxy's Edge? The Google Satellite Images shows "mid-construction" for the Galaxy's Edge and not a trace of Starcruiser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter