• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes the most sense to me too, but can you stop guests from leaving the hotel and going to a park or shopping at Downtown Disney? That's kinda like false imprisonment, no?

The SW fan demographic may or may not give 0 poops about anything other than SW. I means, loads of us scifi nerds will fly all over the country/some the world for a convention and don't bother with any other exploration. I think this is going to be super interesting to see. I want to know when I can lay claim to a reservation.

It makes the most sense to me too, but can you stop guests from leaving the hotel and going to a park or shopping at Downtown Disney? That's kinda like false imprisonment, no?

You are missing the point. You aren't in a hotel. You are on a starship that is traveling through space. How can you leave to go to a park or shopping?

You are paying for this experience which (on it's own) is not a Disney World vacation.

You are missing the point. You aren't in a hotel. You are on a starship that is traveling through space. How can you leave to go to a park or shopping?

You are paying for this experience which (on it's own) is not a Disney World vacation.

For ME, it makes sense. I wouldn't leave. I'm talking about others.

I don't know where this person got this 400 number or that fact that it is seasonal. I not see that anywhere else nor do I see this working with such low numbers as the cost would be way to high. This is going to be booked more like you would book a cruise, 3,4 or 7 night stays, who knows maybe longer. I see them having different categories just like they do for a cruise with price varying pending on what category you get. I see difference experiences being offered. Maybe they have a ship to shore time frame where you disembark and can visit the local area, ie SWL. This isn't something we have ever seen before so we have nothing to compare it to.

For ME, it makes sense. I wouldn't leave. I'm talking about others.
I don't think they'd lock the doors and hold you against your will (!!), but I doubt they build in time for you to go beyond Galaxy's Edge. (I'm still not used to that name...)

I don't think they'd lock the doors and hold you against your will (!!), but I doubt they build in time for you to go beyond Galaxy's Edge. (I'm still not used to that name...)

Tell that to the mom who just HAS to make her BOG reservation that she made during the Star Wars reservation because that was the only time she could get.

Tell that to the mom who just HAS to make her BOG reservation that she made during the Star Wars reservation because that was the only time she could get.
:laughing: I say "let [her] go"! That's her SW experience $$ down the drain! :confused3

They can't possibly create a situation where guests are playing such pivotal roles in this "play" that one leaving makes a difference. Not sure what the problem is. Again -- they are not going to hold you against your will!

You would know in advance what your getting yourself into so you wouldn't be booking a BOG reservation during the time your at this Resort. Just like when you get on the Cruise ship your not booking a BOG reservation during the time your at sea.

:laughing: I say "let [her] go"! That's her SW experience $$ down the drain! :confused3

They can't possibly create a situation where guests are playing such pivotal roles in this "play" that one leaving makes a difference. Not sure what the problem is. Again -- they are not going to hold you against your will!

I didn't say they were. I was wondering how it would go tho if you wanted to leave. I'm not saying I would do it, but I KNOW there is one in every group, ya know?

Regarding admission to Galaxy's Edge...

Seems to me the schedule would be check in day 1 midday, then spend day 2 in the hotel completely, then day 3 you maybe have breakfast and then "disembark the ship" to Galaxy's Edge, making it like you had arrived at your destination and had been in space traveling the previous day and a half.

That makes the most sense to me, but doesn't seem to be the consensus in this thread.

That makes sense to me, too. They did say it would open directly into the SW land and be fully immersive so that works well.

If the price point is where everyone here thinks it will be and it opens when this thread is speculating, I think what my family will do is treat it as a Disney cruise at the beginning or end of the rest of our WDW trip in 2020 for my son's graduation. We will just then stay at either AoA or off property depending on whether we go with meal plan or want to do other options. It just sounds like a once in a lifetime experience my husband and boys wouldn't want to pass up!

My only concern would be whether they would accommodate a scooter into their experience. I can't get around long distances without one.

My only concern would be whether they would accommodate a scooter into their experience. I can't get around long distances without one.

It sounds like its going to be very contained - hotel (I'm sure plenty of seating) and then SWL for a bit. I'd think this would be very doable for those with mobility issues, and especially if you only need a scooter for long distances, might well be suited for seating or standing type of things. I'm optimistic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter