Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

That’s good to hear, but I know my kid and I trust Shannon’s reviews. She gave me something to think about.
I normally trust her too. That's why this threw me so.
I get that some kids wouldn't enjoy it, that goes for everything at Disney for that matter.
Each parent knows their kid and what they would or wouldn't do and can use information to decide.
But I don't understand why she'd throw a blanket "not kid friendly" label on the Cantina. It's just not accurate. It's Disney, aside from the few places kids aren't welcome, everywhere there is "kid friendly"

I took my 5 year old and 8 year old to Oga’s. They were fine. We did request a table with seats. At one point they led us inside but the other group had not left yet. We went back outside and were getting someone to take care of the situation. So I definitely think they will encourage you to leave if you try to stay too much past your time.

Our biggest issue might have been the lack of bathroom inside. I did have to ask for a bathroom pass at one point to take my DD to the bathroom.

They liked their drink (Carbon Freeze) and seemed fine with the music.

One thing I'll say about Oga's is that it doesn't seem very allergy-friendly. When we were there for our AP preview, there was a family seated at our table and they were having a frustrating experience finding something their child could have. I don't recall all of his allergies, but he had several. The main problem was the lack of communication with the server and no good menus to look at with allergy information. Maybe they've gotten that together better now, but if you have allergy issues just be aware that Oga's might not be very easy to navigate.

I normally trust her too. That's why this threw me so.
I get that some kids wouldn't enjoy it, that goes for everything at Disney for that matter.
Each parent knows their kid and what they would or wouldn't do and can use information to decide.
But I don't understand why she'd throw a blanket "not kid friendly" label on the Cantina. It's just not accurate. It's Disney, aside from the few places kids aren't welcome, everywhere there is "kid friendly"

It definitely threw me off, too. She doesn’t usually say things like that. I’m not going to cancel until the last minute. I plan to have us all watch some videos of it.

I took my 5 year old and 8 year old to Oga’s. They were fine. We did request a table with seats. At one point they led us inside but the other group had not left yet. We went back outside and were getting someone to take care of the situation. So I definitely think they will encourage you to leave if you try to stay too much past your time.

Our biggest issue might have been the lack of bathroom inside. I did have to ask for a bathroom pass at one point to take my DD to the bathroom.

Just to expand for those that may not be aware, it's normal to be seated with others. I think the tables hold 10, maybe 8. Anyway, if your group is smaller than that, you will share.

Just to expand for those that may not be aware, it's normal to be seated with others. I think the tables hold 10, maybe 8. Anyway, if your group is smaller than that, you will share.

I don’t know if the group before us was one group or not. The table was empty when we arrived (5 people, 3 adults, 2 kids). They then sat 4 other people with us at the other end of the table.

My 7 year old twins looked at the food blog review and they ate SUPER excited to try Oga’s obsession an Hyperdrive (punch it). And they really want to see the Wort lay eggs. What is not kid friendly about that?

I wouldn’t call it not kid friendly, but rather not designed with kids as the priority. Younger kids can’t reach most of tables and reports are mixed on whether you can request a seated table/lower counter just because you have short kids. Some kids may not appreciate having to stand. When we went there were few kids there. One was sitting on the floor at the high top we were at. But it’s Disney, not the local bar. There shouldn’t be any drunk people or inappropriate conversations inside.

What is not kid friendly about that?
I wouldn’t call it not kid friendly, but rather not designed with kids as the priority. Younger kids can’t reach most of tables and reports are mixed on whether you can request a seated table/lower counter just because you have short kids.
I think this explains it well. Of the three times I've visited Oga's so far, I was placed standing at a bar twice, seated at a table once. I could definitely picture kids enjoying the table: even little ones would be a part of things, able to engage in conversation with their accompanying adults and see what's going on around them. But standing at the bar is what feels less kid-friendly to me: shorter kids, regardless of age, would have a harder time being "part of things" simply because they'd be standing below where the action is, if that makes sense. OTOH, there are some lower bar sections and I saw some little kids at one of those who appeared to be having a good time. I think it'll be a combination of things that make it "friendly" or not to kids, including individual personalities and preferences, like anything else in life, but the bar height seems like the biggest physical factor.

FWIW, I think it's worth trying with kids of any age. Worst case they don't like it and you either finish your drinks quickly or take them to go and leave after 10 minutes, right?

Whoa, I didn't know this. Thank you! We'll make sure to find a restroom before we go in!

the cantina is LOUD, I mean loud. And people are drinking. That does not make it automatically kid unfriendly, my friend's 1 year old granddaughter fell asleep in there. Stroller wasn't allowed inside, we were standing and she was on her granddad's shoulder. Just depends on the kid (and the parents, some may have an issue bringing a kid into a bar, there may not be much to do and you probably will be standing at a bar or table, but it's OK for the kids to be there.)

off that topic, I enjoyed the Batuu Bits but they really are bits, it's harder to get the little bitty pieces into the garlic dip.

Last edited:
the cantina is LOUD, I mean loud. And people are drinking. That does not make it automatically kid unfriendly, my friend's 1 year old granddaughter fell asleep in there. Stroller wasn't allowed inside, we were standing and she was on her granddad's shoulder. Just depends on the kid (and the parents, some may have an issue bringing a kid into a bar, there may not be much to do and you probably will be standing at a bar or table, but it's OK for the kids to be there.)

off that topic, I enjoyed the Batuu Bits but they really are bits, it's harder to get the little bitty pieces into the garlic dip.

I hope you didn't put any of the meringue in it XD

I wouldn’t call it not kid friendly, but rather not designed with kids as the priority. Younger kids can’t reach most of tables and reports are mixed on whether you can request a seated table/lower counter just because you have short kids. Some kids may not appreciate having to stand. When we went there were few kids there. One was sitting on the floor at the high top we were at. But it’s Disney, not the local bar. There shouldn’t be any drunk people or inappropriate conversations inside.

Me either I would call it unfriendly to all period!

Oga's for us was just not that fun, yes it was SUPER LOUD even for Disney in that standing next to each we could barely hear a conversation! And it was WAY OVER CROWDED in that super small space, to the point we were at a stand up table(yea stand up, so much fun to do after the heat outside, come on Disney get some chairs!) meant for about 5 and I recounted from the pictures I took, there were 10 of us, 10! There was ZERO room for the drinks when my wife and I showed up at the already full table. What a great start, huh....As far as drunk people, I saw WAY more at Epcot but they were having fun, so what, and inappropriate conversations, I bet kids hear worse at their school.......

Blue Milk followed by Green Milk ingredients. For those who are gluten free, each flavor does have Modified Food Starch although it isn’t fully clarified.

Ew. I'm done buying that for my kid. Now I wonder how many calories and fat are in it, considering it's mostly sugar, followed by coconut oil. Yuck. No wonder it is so slimy.

Last edited:
Me either I would call it unfriendly to all period!

Oga's for us was just not that fun, yes it was SUPER LOUD even for Disney in that standing next to each we could barely hear a conversation! And it was WAY OVER CROWDED in that super small space, to the point we were at a stand up table(yea stand up, so much fun to do after the heat outside, come on Disney get some chairs!) meant for about 5 and I recounted from the pictures I took, there were 10 of us, 10! There was ZERO room for the drinks when my wife and I showed up at the already full table. What a great start, huh....As far as drunk people, I saw WAY more at Epcot but they were having fun, so what, and inappropriate conversations, I bet kids hear worse at their school.......

I agree. It is an uncomfortable place all around. Disneyland has started putting groups at the bar TWO deep, and making people in the back have to flag down the bar staff to get service. That is unacceptable.

Odd, Sugar, coconut oil and rice milk powder... sounds like Japanese milk tea mix! I have some blueberry stuff in my kitchen that's darn similar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter