Star Wars Hotel Pricing

Yes, I have no doubt that people will spend the money on it, I'm just curious for how long. Hoping the price drops or they have big discounts in a few months.

Big discounts mean scaling back and cutting corners. I hope this remains a premium experience for the foreseeable future where you get what you pay for.

You don't have to get back onto the cruise ship from your excursion: Disney does not deploy their private army to drag you in from Nassau.

But they also won't hold the boat for you nor will they refund you a dime. And they will be fresh out of stock of the world's smallest violin/record player.

Big discounts mean scaling back and cutting corners. I hope this remains a premium experience for the foreseeable future where you get what you pay for.

Not when it comes to hotels. The worst thing a resort can do it have empty rooms, so if it's a month out and that group isn't selling well then they can definitely discount it.

It might also be a situation where they don't necessarily discount the starcruiser but perhaps give some sort of incentive such as book your two night starcruiser and get 30? 40? percent discount on a split stay at a deluxe resort.

Not when it comes to hotels. The worst thing a resort can do it have empty rooms, so if it's a month out and that group isn't selling well then they can definitely discount it.

Traditional hotel rules don't apply. However, the rule of supply and demand certainly does. Obviously, if they are having trouble generating interest, things will change. Personally, I don't see that happening for a while.

But, as always, we'll see....

It might also be a situation where they don't necessarily discount the starcruiser but perhaps give some sort of incentive such as book your two night starcruiser and get 30? 40? percent discount on a split stay at a deluxe resort.

I'm sure they will figure out some way to integrate it with the traditional packages.

I dunno.

If the Cast Members are really into it, they can sell tourists in Mickey Ears as the strangest aliens of all!
I think Disney can figure out a way (probably already has) to keep guests from the Galactic Starcruiser separated from the regular guests and also provide them special, exclusive experiences within the RotR and MFSR experiences. I’m looking forward to more information from both Disney and guests.

Just like one of the small VIP group packages...they'll have a tour leader that will walk a small group right onto the rides...then probably say ok you have 1 hour meet back at this spot and we'll catch our "flight" back to the star cruiser. Almost like something from a Viator or any cruise excursion.

I don't think this is actually a "hotel" although legally they probably have to call it that. It's an interactive, immersive role-playing accommodation. If you want to be able to leave and go to a park when you feel like it, then it's not for you. If you don't want to live Star Wars 24-7 during your stay then it's not for you.

Star Wars fan, and I'm going to go if I can split with four friends. We can handle it for two days to live in a Star Wars story. Only way I would consider it though. and I hope to get in soon, before they raise the prices.

Hey what about a "stormtrooper option" where you're crammed into a barracks, fed rations and do training with uniformed Imperials yelling at you for cheap. heck yeah

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that people are discussing how prices may come down to earth (so to speak) after the initial curiosity wears off. Uh-huh.

I recall after California Adventure opened, there was a flood of complaints about how little there was to do there as compared to Disneyland itself. People then suggested that they expected DCA to lower its prices. They didn't. In fact, prices just continued to rise and rise.

I expect that exceedingly small supply of rooms (only 100 rooms!) will mean that demand won't drop anytime soon. And if, somehow, it did, the reaction is more likely to be fewer voyages. There is no rule requiring 7 voyages every 2 weeks or even 3 voyages per week.

And the price will only go up over time. I just wish they'd start taking reservations already. I need a departure date in the range of 5/29-6/3/2022 please.

Agreed! Also AKL to Animal Kingdom, that really seems like a no-brainer.
YES! An AKL to AK train could be themed to the Jungle Book or Wikanda, or ANYTHING, just connect this otherwise excellent distant deluxe resort to at least one other park (the nearby AK) with something fun & fast. Busses only from the AKL is cheap & weak of Disney.

Grumpy by Birth, what's an "orbital transport shuttle"?

The Skyliner is cool & scenic, though not very original for those of us who visit large ski resorts.

Oh my gosh, please, please, PLEASE do not sign up for the Starcruiser hotel. It seems like you really just don't get what the point of it is.

And there's nothing wrong with that! Not every experience is for every person. I like the parks, but there I things I would never, ever do there. Just not my particular interest.

You don't seem to understand: It's not a "hotel." It's not a place where you drop your bags and crash after a long day of staying up to watch fireworks. It's not somewhere you can have a lazy morning sleeping in or a dip in the pool when things get hot.

The entire point is to experience a fantasy Star Wars roleplay experience the ENTIRE time you're there. Yes, you go to Batuu. Because it's also Star Wars. But it's not time to rush off and also cram in SDD or MMRR. The point of the Cruiser is to BE on the Cruiser and get the most out of every minute there, not try to find a way to sneak off to catch a fireworks show or whatever.

It's not for everyone. Again, that's totally fine! It's for a very specific mindset.

Fortunately, Disney has aslo been planning this in their head for years. Have they made mistakes in the past? Of course, huge ones. But I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing here. At least for right now.

The thing doesn't open for nearly a year. It's not surprising that they are still working out the logistics and planning and scheduling. The sample itinerary is just that: a sample. More will be revealed when the real date approaches and they start taking reservations. This is just the first of (many) PR blasts.

I'm sure Disney has given absolutely zero thought to the safety of this experience and that the SW hotel will quickly become a deathtrap. We'll see!

Oh my gosh, please, please, PLEASE do not sign up for the Starcruiser hotel. It seems like you really just don't get what the point of it is.
I do get it, which is why I won't experience it.

It's not for everyone. Again, that's totally fine! It's for a very specific mindset.

That's the issue with this experience. It doesn't attract a large target audience. Disney normally tries to attract the lowest common denominator. It's an experience for Star Wars Super Fans who have a lot of disposable income. Are there enough of them to make this financially viable over the long term? Personally I don't think so.

You said it's not a hotel. To some people it is. Perception is everyone's reality until and unless otherwise changed. No matter what anyone calls it or what you can do inside it, some people will still see it as a high priced Disney resort hotel.

On time alone as a dividing factor, only a very few people will see value in a pre-reserved boarding group for MF:SR and ROTR.

Some people are going to want to see Mickey. That was one of the biggest issues with The Disney Institute, you didn't have time to see Mickey. Theme Parks were not included. People were complaining about it and very vocally.

The reason the "windows" are are there is obvious, safety. That was what I meant. Also, they are there so if and when Disney decides to refurb this building they are already there. They do have a Plan D, E or F for the property. They will refurb it at some point, nothing lasts forever. I can see the first rehab, putting the hotel on Batuu, rather than keeping it in space. If enough people want a pool and enough people want to see outside they will rethink the experience. It make some time, but Disney always does.

YES! An AKL to AK train could be themed to the Jungle Book or Wikanda, or ANYTHING, just connect this otherwise excellent distant deluxe resort to at least one other park (the nearby AK) with something fun & fast. Busses only from the AKL is cheap & weak of Disney.

Grumpy by Birth, what's an "orbital transport shuttle"?

The Skyliner is cool & scenic, though not very original for those of us who visit large ski resorts.

Yeah, maybe not the Skyliner but some sort of omnimover transport. I personally like the skyliner more than the monorail.

I am very curious as to how the immersion here plays out. How “into it” will people be, and if they are not, will that ruin it for everyone else?

As for pricing, I’m in.

I am very curious as to how the immersion here plays out. How “into it” will people be, and if they are not, will that ruin it for everyone else?
I pity the person who sinks that much money into this and is apathetic. I also assume the cast will do a good job of managing the guests. They allow for people who are just there to absorb everything happening around them. It will be awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter