• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is they aren’t currently enforcing the size restriction.

And FYI for people wondering the keenz “wagon” stroller does fall within the size limitations.
However, it is classified as a wagon, so I believe it's not going to be allowed in anymore. And I do believe they have cut the size of the strollers down. As a mother to a toddler with a baby about to be here, I am fine with this. The Keenz are out of control and I inevitably see strollers being pulled at Disney. A City Mini double is a great size for two children. Some of the strollers there are just insane!

You're joking!!! :scared:

If that is allowed, I'm terrified to see what is banned.

yup, that comfortably fits within the limits

This is what we used at Disneyland - had the two younger ones in the seats and the older one on a rider board in the back ... this would also fit within the limits

02_Family%20waiting%20on%20line.jpg

However, it is classified as a wagon, so I believe it's not going to be allowed in anymore. And I do believe they have cut the size of the strollers down. As a mother to a toddler with a baby about to be here, I am fine with this. The Keenz are out of control and I inevitably see strollers being pulled at Disney. A City Mini double is a great size for two children. Some of the strollers there are just insane!
I have asked Disney security about these wagons before and they say they are allowed because they are foldable and can be pushed.

As someone with kids and has traveled with extended family with even more small kids, this is still good to see - though we will have to check all our dimensions going forward as to be honest we never really thought about it

When they were really you we had a double wide stroller with an attachment for the carrier so we could fit all 3 kids on at one time - made it easier for us to push them around vs having multiple strollers but obviously the thing wasn't tiny

i will say, this still fits quite a bit. We used the Citi Mini double wide and I just checked the dimensions and that is 29.75" wide - so that would still work

I think they must just be seeing more and more oversized strollers and bigger wagons and stuff and just wanted to put some limit out there ... again, I am sure at least partly related to the expected increased crowds for Galaxy's Edge they want to get all their ducks in a row before that

Yeah, the size limit is pretty large and shouldn't be an issue for reasonable people. Anything bigger is like a bull dozer coming down main Street....LOL.

I want to preface this by saying I don't have kids.

However, part of me is feeling on the side of the parents here. That is...What is the PR going to be like when Disney tells a family that they can't go into the parks because the stroller that they decided to bring on their vacation isn't allowed in the parks? Is Disney going to sell their own strollers? What happens if all of the strollers are rented for the day?

I can't necessarily figure out the length of that stroller in my head, but what happens if a family with 2 or 3 young little kids can't bring in their stroller because it's to large for the parks? Do they need to have 3 separate strollers for 2 adults to push around?

As the Disney fan without kids...Anything to limit being ran over by people not caring about others around them is a good thing. However, I will feel for the parents that spent thousands to have a nice vacation with their young kids just to be turned away at the entrance of the parks due to the size of their strollers.

We have a large double stroller we’ve been using in the parks for years. At best it’s just at the limits set/to be enforced. My twins are getting bigger but even at 7-8, would still need the stroller.

8yr olds need a stroller?

Every kid is different but I think for many, even at 7 or 8 having one available can help - a day at WDW is not like a standard day.

Plus, I be honest, we would use it at times for holding bags and things - when you have b/w 5 and 11 people in your party like we do, ~1/2 of which are small children, you can accumulate quite a bit of stuff

8yr olds need a stroller?

Last time I was there I saw pre-teens in strollers. It made me laugh. Our rule was our kids had to be 5 before we went so they could walk. We made a big deal out of it being their 5th birthday trip, starting at 4, and the stroller magically disappeared from our lives by around 4.5 and by the time they were 5 they could walk miles. Our daughter has been 3 times since her 5th birthday, she's 9 now, and my twin boys have been twice at 7.

This last trip we had a day where the adults walked 30K+ steps so the kids probably walked 40K at least. We didn't have a park day under 20k for the adults. No problems. It's just the expectation and they know it and know no different.

To each their own, of course, but it does make me laugh to see a lot of what goes on.

Was in Epcot the other day and saw a bunch of these things.

I laughed to myself because the kid was in there basically watching cartoons on an Ipad while the parents pushed these big things around.

I then thought to myself, "damn when I was a child my stroller had like wooden wheels"

It looks the BOB double I saw in that store is too big because it’s 54.5.” It certainly looked too big to take into a store.

Love your way JKNEZEK! Our first trip our oldest was 9 and twins were 6. We "trained" our kids the entire year leading up to our trip. "if you cant handle an hour at the mall(or wherever) then you will never make it in Disney world, maybe we should wait to go." They learned real quick how to walk long distances. I had zero desire to lug a stroller around.

Thank you. I guess I was thinking because the twitter said 31" by 52" and Disney's site says 36" by 52" so I didn't know if they were reducing the size or possibly if the 31" was a typo. Small detail really but 5inches could be a decent amount on a stoller.

Really any size I'm all for enforcement lol.

I would say typo. Disney's strollers wouldn't even meet the 31" guideline

Need is all relative of course. We don’t “need” a stroller for my bigger kids but it helps a ton late in the day.

I agree ... could my 7 year old have gotten by without a stroller? Absolutely.

Would she have been as pleasant to be around after 10 hours in the park in the July heat? Not so much

We also have younger kids so we usually would have like a double and then might take turns who got to rode with the oldest getting by far the least amount of time, but little breaks for her helped during long, hot days

DS8 would be offended if I tried to get him to ride in a stroller.

I have no problem with an 8 year old in a stroller, as not all kids can handle the amount of walking WDW requires. That said, we have seen this attitude in our daughter as well. She will be 9 in June and still requires a stroller due to special needs. We will be renting a Disney stroller, because she sees the other ones (such as those at the rental companies) as being for "babies", and would be very upset if we tried to use one, pain or no pain.

Offhand I can't think of any strollers that don't really fit in the limits. Maybe the largest of double jogging strollers where the wheel sticks out a lot. I'm guessing the target may be the wagons (which do push and fit in the size limits) or maybe those Cinderella Coach strollers? They look pretty big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter