Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking your kids on 12 hour death marches aren't conducive to happy family vacations.

I see a lot of crying kids and exhausted parents carrying them towards the exits and laugh while we go to more

Yeah, "12 hour death marches" isn't at all offensive, hyperbole or not. And, while you're defensive, you laughing at crying kids and exhausted parents is just as judgmental as people who don't think you should be pushing your older kids in a stroller.

We alternated between our umbrella and our double front to back stroller this past trip, based on our kids' needs. Personally, I wouldn't want to push DD8 around because I would get tired, DD6 hasn't had a problem walking since her second trip when she was 4, but I'd push her in a stroller because she's a tiny thing.

I don't care if you push your kids in a stroller or if you don't. It's your call. Whatever works best for your family. We just go at their pace, take breaks when they need it, etc.

Last edited:
It's easy to think that everyone is judging everyone on threads like this. I just feel if we all slowed down and stopped going commando with 8 year olds then there would be less strollers at the parks.

I could not care less how anyone else parents their child. Unless I see someone beating their kid in public it's not my business.

I think its hard to read some of the comments in this thread and not think others are judging you.

We all do parks differently, if you're fine with taking a lot of breaks every day so your child does not have to use a stroller, i have zero issues with that and i think that's fantastic. However when we're there we want to do as much as possible and if a stroller allows us to do that, then I have zero issues with doing it.

Gonna sum up my thoughts on 6 pages of posts.

1. Wait and see on the Keenz. That letter means nothing. Remember Keenz bills itself as a wagon.
2. Safety is an issue with the Keenz and any other wagon. Sure it has a safety harness. I bet the usage percentage rolling from Peter Pan to Dumbo is pretty low. I see it at parks all the time, it is easier for a kid to fall out of a wagon than a stroller.
3. When your kids get tired, stop and rest. Go see Philharmagic, ride the Carousel of Progress, sit and eat a snack.
4. Have more sense on your days. I have read horror plans. Back-to-back fastpasses at Splash, then Space, then Thunder. That's insane. It's a lot of walking, but some common sense can cut it down.
5. Believe that your kids can do more than they can and demand it. My mopy 5 year old lived in a stroller, until we got rid of them all. She had to walk. When she got tired we quit. We had meltdowns, we survived. Now at 7, she runs cross-country.

Don't hate on each other. Everyone has different opinions.

Last edited:
A lot of people bring those large trail-like strollers (you know the ones with the big wheels) and large strollers and wagons (the keenz have been the ones that seemed to be gray area ok because they can be pushed like a stroller).

The larger strollers just clog up the walkways and become less maneuverable. Disney is trying to widen their pathways and at the same time it appears trying to control better these large enough strollers (and wagons) that have become more commonplace over time.

People may like larger strollers nowadays because they can stuff a lot of stuff in them and the wheels allows for muli-surfaces but people were able to go park touring without them before so I think this is more just adjusting guest behavior that has cropped up over time. I'm pretty sure there's still a good variety of strollers out there that will fit within the allowable dimensions.

Also Disney isn't telling a family they can't go into the parks because of the stroller, they are saying the stroller that doesn't conform to the size limitiation can't go into the parks. So in other words your vacation you spent thousands of dollars on can still be had-sans the stroller that doesn't meet their size restrictions.

So the bob jogging stroller in a double (which is what your talking about or at least one of the models) is 30.5 x 48 within the 31 by 52 requirements posted in the tweet and well within the current 36 by 52 requirements. Not sure what your point is but clearly the jogging strollers (that take curbs like a champ) will still be allowed.

Did you see the size of that thing in the twitter picture by Len Testa? That's ridiculous. Common sense should dictate to those parents that you can't push that around a crowded theme park!!! For three kids, if it takes two strollers with one being a double wide, one pushed by each parent, then that's what it takes I guess.

Also, the guidelines are publicized. No one's fault but their own at that point.
It’s smaller then most double strollers, it is only 20 by 34 well within the 31 by 52 size posted and much smaller then the double strollers you see. Common sense should tell you to research something prior to posting.

I have asked Disney security about these wagons before and they say they are allowed because they are foldable and can be pushed.
Yes Disney rules say anything pulled by a person including a wagon. While they are configured like a wagon they are pushed not pulled so they are allowed.

It’s smaller then most double strollers, it is only 20 by 34 well within the 31 by 52 size posted and much smaller then the double strollers you see. Common sense should tell you to research something prior to posting.

It's still big and juts out straight forward. And the double strollers can be huge too.

Oh, and have a nice day. :)

Yes Disney rules say anything pulled by a person including a wagon. While they are configured like a wagon they are pushed not pulled so they are allowed.

I just hope that however this is enforce it is done consistently ... will be a not so great situation if one person with that type of wagon is told they can't bring it in because is is a "wagon" and then another person is allowed to bring it in because "it is pushed not pulled"

It's still big and juts out straight forward. And the double strollers can be huge too.

Oh, and have a nice day. :)

No most double strollers are around 31 wide by over 41 long, at 20 by 34 this is much smaller.

Our DD only used a stroller in the parks until she was about 4 (she's an adult now). One observation I have made is that many kids today are so much less physically active than they could be. If a child is used to spending hours online, playing video games, watching TV, etc. and doesn't eat well, they will have no stamina in the parks. Our DD was always very active and walked miles on end with no problem so it made it easy to do Disney without a stroller once she didn't need one to nap. Unless there is a medical reason that prevents activity, it would be great to see kids grow up as healthy, active people that don't need mobility devices like strollers or ECVs to get around. I wish I paid more attention to my physical fitness when I was young. Trying to change things when you are approaching your golden years is a bit more of a challenge but absolutely still worth doing.

I just hope that however this is enforce it is done consistently ... will be a not so great situation if one person with that type of wagon is told they can't bring it in because is is a "wagon" and then another person is allowed to bring it in because "it is pushed not pulled"
no there is a major difference between something that is pushed and those that are pulled. The ones that are pulled have extended size because the handle that is used to pull it comes out. There is a significant difference in the designed. I have a foldable wagon for the pool I would never bring it to a theme park or where there are lots of people because it’s just to combersome to maneuver which is why they don’t allow wagons that are pulled. The keenz is configured like a wagon but has major design differences that make it acceptable for park use.

no there is a major difference between something that is pushed and those that are pulled. The ones that are pulled have extended size because the handle that is used to pull it comes out. There is a significant difference in the designed. I have a foldable wagon for the pool I would never bring it to a theme park or where there are lots of people because it’s just to combersome to maneuver which is why they don’t allow wagons that are pulled. The keenz is configured like a wagon but has major design differences that make it acceptable for park use.

right, but my point is one person could look at the Keenz and say "that's a wagon, it's not allowed" and someone else could look at the exact same thing and say "that is able to be pulled, it's fine" ... that is my concern. Hopefully they are very clear and even use brand names and stuff that are allowed vs ones that aren't and are consistent

Why are parents so worried that their kids can't walk several miles a day? Kids have WAY more stamina than most adults. The kids who spend all day being pushed around in strollers are the same ones running around restaurants acting crazy because they have so much pent up energy. Make those kids walk from a young age and you will have the best behaved kids ever when you sit down to eat, because they will be grateful for the opportunity to sit and relax.

Oir kids are both autistic. The younger one has low muscle tone. Even with that, we ditched the stroller when my youngest was 4. We worked up to walking several miles in the parks. He wasn't going go get any stronger by being pushed around. Sometimes at the parks, he says "my feet are hurting" and I say to him "mine are too, you want to leave?" All of a sudden, he's fine. We take breaks and sit down several times. We don't push anyone further than their limits. When we are tired, we leave. Why is this such a hard thing for families to do?

The stroller situation is out of control in the parks and I'm glad Disney will be enforcing their own rules.

So the bob jogging stroller in a double (which is what your talking about or at least one of the models) is 30.5 x 48 within the 31 by 52 requirements posted in the tweet and well within the current 36 by 52 requirements. Not sure what your point is but clearly the jogging strollers (that take curbs like a champ) will still be allowed.
lol my point? I think my point was clearly stated.

You do realize there are various sizes of strollers right?

I didn't say those strollers are not allowed. I did clearly "I'm pretty sure there's still a good variety of strollers out there that will fit within the allowable dimensions."

Stoller A is oversized:
upload_2019-3-26_9-37-0.png

Stroller B is within acceptable limits:
upload_2019-3-26_9-39-47.png

There's without a doubt that many people have seen Stroller A in the parks. If Disney begins enforcing their rules then Stroller A would no longer be allowed.

I'm beginning to think though with your comments that you are trying to defend strollers to the death as in it's the hill you want to die on. My post wasn't about getting rid of strollers. It was about reigning in the sheer size of what strollers have been taken in recent years to the Parks. I would hope that we can all agree that there are definitely strollers taken in that are on the extreme side of size.

Why are parents so worried that their kids can't walk several miles a day? Kids have WAY more stamina than most adults. The kids who spend all day being pushed around in strollers are the same ones running around restaurants acting crazy because they have so much pent up energy. Make those kids walk from a young age and you will have the best behaved kids ever when you sit down to eat, because they will be grateful for the opportunity to sit and relax.

We hike, mine can go 3 to 4 miles fine..but we do way more than just a few several a day at disney. We do 3 times that.

They also behave in restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter