Success Cancelling Park Hoppers?

After spending over 6 hours on the phone Tuesday I was able to get our park hopper with water park feature passes downgraded to a base ticket. This was an 8 day ticket and I was told the refund would be $426 this was for four tickets. I paid with gift cards so they told me it could take 7 to 10 days to see the refund. I have not actually ran the figures to see if this was correct because after being on hold over 6 hours I was just happy that it could finally be done. We were originally a free dining bounce back offer that was then converted to the recovery 20 discount room offer, doesn't know if that makes any difference in all of this or not since people are being told different answers. Good luck everyone with your changes.

Did the Sun and Fun discount require hoppers? I thought it could be a room only discount. I think I can get a refund on my park hopper tickets but I booked with the Sun and Fun discount. Anyone else?

Hate to repost but if you’re stuck on the official phone number try the ‭(407) 939-7866‬ number. Rang right through for me today about lunch time after the 407 W DISNEY was busy.

We were able to modify my reservations from ASMu to Pop and remove our Hoppers. Took about 20 minutes to get two separate reservations switched.
Thanks for sharing this number!! 😁 I got right through this morning but was told again that I could not add on a base ticket to my park hoppers for my July 22 trip.

Thanks for sharing this number!! 😁 I got right through this morning but was told again that I could not add on a base ticket to my park hoppers for my July 22 trip.
Every time I call that number I seem to get an all circuits are busy.

I’ll keep trying then... they all keep saying no! 🤬

good to know it can actually be done!
That's what I ran into yesterday as well. I tried the regular number on hold for 1.5 hrs but the guy said he couldn't do it. Called the direct GS line, got right in but she also said she couldn't do it. Frustrating!

That's what I ran into yesterday as well. I tried the regular number on hold for 1.5 hrs but the guy said he couldn't do it. Called the direct GS line, got right in but she also said she couldn't do it. Frustrating!
I called that number that was listed above, went right through, but they say they are only able to help people with reservations that are before park opening right now. The CM I talked to told me not to wait on hold since it could be 4 hours but she would make an attempt later today to try and remove for me if she could get through. That was super nice. She also told me that Disney was letting people PIF 7 days beforehand even if it doesn't show on MDE.

I called at 3 pm Central time and waited 15 minutes. The CM was really sweet. Switched my tickets to non park hoppers. It was originally a package. Told me just shy of 300 would be refunded to our CC. Might take up to 24 hours for it to show on Website.

I got our hoppers refunded yesterday. Make sure you know what kind of refund to expect. The first time, the CM said a refund of $276 for 4 hoppers. I said "that doesn't sound like enough". Then she checked again and said she was just calculating the 1 day price. Our tickets were 7 days so we were due $90 per hopper. So a $360 refund. I purchased mine from UT, they were linked in MDE, and she refunded it to whatever form of payment I wanted. I figure if hopping is restored by our trip in November, we can always add them back.

Making that downgrade did remove the long expiration date from our tickets and locked them in to the dates we are traveling. So if that's an issue, you might want to delay getting your hoppers refunded.

I wondered if getting a refund would affect the expiration date of the tickets. We have military tickets (not the super cheap ones, just regular tickets bought at our local base) which don’t expire until 12/30. I’d rather hold on to them than try to get a refund for the PH.

I have not canceled my hopper + water parks tickets yet (I think I'll save around $130 x 3). The last CM I spoke to said I can change them up to 24 hours before I get to WDW. I had thought I could change them on property, but I guess not.

I expect them to add the Hopper back soon because Epcot restaurants rely on not just day guests but others who come into the park in the evening.

I was able to get through this morning fairly quickly with a 5 minute wait time. The woman who helped me was very friendly and was able to remove the park hoppers so we'll be saving about 500 dollars total. She confirmed that final payment isn't due until 7 days before a trip at this point, and that we could cancel or reschedule up until then. It was unclear if I'd be able to carry over my 35% discount.

UT has told me to call Disney (they gave me a #) to get a refund of the Hopper add-on. They said it would be in the form of a Disney Gift Card, which is fine with me. She did say that it's "hit or miss" but eventually it "does happen". ugh! Has anyone purchased from UT and successfully gotten the refund from Disney? If so, any tips you learned that made this more expedient and likely to go through faster the first try?
This was the message:

Disney is giving gift cards as compensation, please call them... I have a number
Ticket Modification: Some tickets may be modified. You may send your customer to Disney directly for assistance (Disney Reservation Center: 407-566-4985). There system is over loaded and the representatives are hot & miss as far as the process but it does eventually work
Also some people are simply upgrading the number of days and making it a base ticket too so you have options!

Last edited:
UT has told me to call Disney (they gave me a #) to get a refund of the Hopper add-on. They said it would be in the form of a Disney Gift Card, which is fine with me. She did say that it's "hit or miss" but eventually it "does happen". ugh! Has anyone purchased from UT and successfully gotten the refund from Disney? If so, any tips you learned that made this more expedient and likely to go through faster the first try?
This was the message:

Disney is giving gift cards as compensation, please call them... I have a number
Ticket Modification: Some tickets may be modified. You may send your customer to Disney directly for assistance (Disney Reservation Center: 407-566-4985). There system is over loaded and the representatives are hot & miss as far as the process but it does eventually work
Also some people are simply upgrading the number of days and making it a base ticket too so you have options!

Yes, I just did this yesterday for our July 25th trip. But you need to call the ticketing number: 1 407 566 4985 to have your tickets modified. It figures, this is the FIRST time I've booked outside of Disney itself, and this is the year that 26,000 snafus have happened. But it wasn't an issue, it just takes a bit of time. Do you have your park reservations yet? I ask because I was told to make park reservations before modifying the ticket...

Has anyone been able to successfully cancel their Park Hoppers that might have been included in a free dining package? It states on Disney's website the following:
At this time, Guests will only be able to visit one park per day. If you have a ticket that includes the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, we have several options available to you:

• Ticket Extension: You may use your current date-based ticket by September 26, 2021 with the existing add-on options, should the options return by that date.
  • Ticket Modification: Resort Packages with tickets may be modified or cancelled. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 beginning June 22, or contact your travel professional.
  • Ticket Cancellation: If you do not want to use your ticket, you also have the option of cancelling your ticket or package. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985 beginning June 22, or contact your travel professional.
When I try to modify online it just redirects me back to the "My Plans" page. When I try to call either of those numbers I get an "All circuits are busy" type message or a busy signal.
Was anyone able to actually do this yesterday? For a group of 5 that's another almost 500 dollar savings off a trip.

I don’t know why anyone had trouble with this and I feel like this has been answered a bunch of times already in this thread, but yes they modified the ticket with no problems. I got my credit back for the difference on a four day hopper less than a week after it was processed.

Yes, I just did this yesterday for our July 25th trip. But you need to call the ticketing number: 1 407 566 4985 to have your tickets modified. It figures, this is the FIRST time I've booked outside of Disney itself, and this is the year that 26,000 snafus have happened. But it wasn't an issue, it just takes a bit of time. Do you have your park reservations yet? I ask because I was told to make park reservations before modifying the ticket...
Thank you! I thought it odd that UT directed me to the Reservations number. I hear you about "It figures, the FIRST TIME....". I have always been wanting to rent DVC points but for a number of reasons, I didn't want to risk the non-refundable bit. All of the reasons that held me back in the past are gone so in Jan things looked like clear-sailing to rent DVC for our Sept trip. And then Covid19 came to the US!
Yes we were able to book a park ressies for each day of our tickets.

Times like this, glad I use a TA (been there done that with planning). She’s taken care of everything for me. Thank you Joy from Dreams Unlimited!!

So I called to have my park hoppers removed last Wednesday. She said it would take 24 hours to remove from the website . My tickets still show as park hoppers not base tickets...... I think I am going to have to call again.

Yeah my TA removed my PH now I can’t see my tickets. Park reservations are still there but the tickets aren’t there. She said she can see them on her end but I can’t.

Yeah my TA removed my PH now I can’t see my tickets. Park reservations are still there but the tickets aren’t there. She said she can see them on her end but I can’t.
Something similar happened to me. My sister’s ticket fell off. I had to call Disney IT to get it fixed. An hour hold and he got it fixed in about 10 minutes last week.

I am just gonna watch for a while. If they don’t appear again, I will ask my TA to look into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter