Summer 2023 release date?

Waiting here too! Hoping for a Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2023. But wondering if the Dream moves to Europe, how that will work.

We always book ourselves. For each ship, we have gone through the deck plans and made a ranked list of 10 staterooms we would be willing to book, ranked by our preferred choice. When it comes time to book we just start with going for the first on the list and then go down the list if it isn't available.

One issue we have run into is online the system will only show you a maximum of 16 available staterooms and they start with a specific side of the ship; if there are more available in your category and area of the ship then you won't see them - for us that can be an issue as our preferred stateroom may be on the other side of the ship than they start with. Also, we discovered with the Wish that when we selected 2 guests it would show us one batch of staterooms but when we selected 5 it would show a different batch -- same category and location -- and the one we wanted only showed up when we selected 5. So we booked online, choose a stateroom in the same category and location nearby then called and had them change the stateroom to the one we actually wanted.

For us, doing all the research in advance makes it easier come booking day, because we aren't really making any decisions on booking day, just doing the booking.

SW
You can give a list of staterooms to your TA too. We normally give her 3 or 4, but have always gotten our first choice. I can’t imagine not using a TA anymore. The phone wait times are horrible. Using a placeholder you have to call. We booked a stateroom and decided to change at the last minute a couple weeks ago. Even our TA was on hold nearly 3 hours. Plus, DU gives a nice onboard credit and a nice gift basket. No brainer for us.

I am an admitted obsesive planner., planning for another couple , hubby and me. We were scheduled for Alaska last May but got cancelled , trying to rebook for 2023. This mess with the IT and the resulting delay and uncertainty in the 2023 Alaska schedule is driving me absolutely crazy!. I just want to get it on the books! Aghhhhh!

Us too. Our other option, Royal Caribbean, is running out of the connecting rooms we need for our family of six in summer of '23 Alaska sailings, as we impatiently wait for the Disney schedule to drop.

I am an admitted obsesive planner., planning for another couple , hubby and me. We were scheduled for Alaska last May but got cancelled , trying to rebook for 2023. This mess with the IT and the resulting delay and uncertainty in the 2023 Alaska schedule is driving me absolutely crazy!. I just want to get it on the books! Aghhhhh!

Waiting here too! Hoping for a Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2023. But wondering if the Dream moves to Europe, how that will work.

Same, but at this point, with Disney dragging this out for so long, I think we will "jump ship" and book with one of the many cruise lines that published their Summer 2023 cruises months ago. I can only wait so long.

It's just getting ridiculous at this point. Even if we can't necessarily book, just give us the itineraries so we can plan ahead and make other arrangements if they don't work out for our schedule! We will likely book a spring 2023 cruise with our 50% off from the cancelled Wish if nothing in the summer works for us, but I'd like to book that sooner as opposed to later.

It's just getting ridiculous at this point. Even if we can't necessarily book, just give us the itineraries so we can plan ahead and make other arrangements if they don't work out for our schedule! We will likely book a spring 2023 cruise with our 50% off from the cancelled Wish if nothing in the summer works for us, but I'd like to book that sooner as opposed to later.
if they release them, they would probably get more calls with questions on itineraries and when people can book. I am hoping they are getting really organized so it is efficient when they are released.

I leave on my cruise in 8 days. Why do I think the release will be while I’m out in the middle of the ocean. Ugh. I packed my placeholders just in case. Nothing I can do about it on the ship.

I leave on my cruise in 8 days. Why do I think the release will be while I’m out in the middle of the ocean. Ugh. I packed my placeholders just in case. Nothing I can do about it on the ship.
Not even a person working the future cruise desk onboard the ships. Anyone see one working a desk onboard in the past week? DVC has people at a desk across from future cruise des currently. So let’s do a ship to shore call, let’s see how much that would cost with current wait times.

Not even a person working the future cruise desk onboard the ships. Anyone see one working a desk onboard in the past week? DVC has people at a desk across from future cruise des currently. So let’s do a ship to shore call, let’s see how much that would cost with current wait times.
Im Hoping that someone will be back at the future cruise desk with so many things returning. There hasn’t been as of my end of February cruise. I’m platinum and would hate to lose out on my favorite cabin.

Exactly. I just want to see the dates and the itineraries. I don't need to book right away. I can make my plans. It's just ridiculous.

If they wait too long, they are just going to prolong the backlog of calls they can't seem to handle.

On the DCL facebook, a poster stated that while on the Magic( just disembarked) customer service told them release will begin April 20 . I hope this is true!
I saw that too! Is there a day of the week they are typically released? How soon after release does booking open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter