Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone think the incentives on VGF and/or RIV will be better towards the end of the resorts selling out and/or right before Poly2 goes on sale?
Anything is possible. The poll we did at the beginning of this conversation did not have people thinking the incentives would be as good as they are. It's possible this is the high watermark, or that they will continue to push VGF sales aggressively and more aggressively to make sure it is done before not only Poly2, but the Cabins go on sale...

RIV I am a little more skeptical will see enhanced sales. They have prioritized VGF sales through incentives basically since VGF opened. While RIV was not the right fit for us, when the incentives were more equal, buyers were choosing RIV.

What I am amazed by is Disney's belief that they are going to sell possibly RIV, Poly2, Cabins, and Aulani all at the same time, and possibly VGF2... I suspect their new model may be the AUL model... We'll make money renting it out and we'll make money selling it direct. Pick your style, and we don't care how long it takes to sell out these resorts. The parks division is definitely committed to DVC given this incredibly aggressive expansion amidst a time of significant belt-tightening. The numbers must really be there.

Fwiw, the guide I’ve been talking to for VGF said no changes in incentives (up or down) through end of July.

I’m being told Magical Beginnings ($22/pp credit) can end at anytime but will be in place until the end of July at a minimum.

Anything is possible. The poll we did at the beginning of this conversation did not have people thinking the incentives would be as good as they are. It's possible this is the high watermark, or that they will continue to push VGF sales aggressively and more aggressively to make sure it is done before not only Poly2, but the Cabins go on sale...

RIV I am a little more skeptical will see enhanced sales. They have prioritized VGF sales through incentives basically since VGF opened. While RIV was not the right fit for us, when the incentives were more equal, buyers were choosing RIV.

What I am amazed by is Disney's belief that they are going to sell possibly RIV, Poly2, Cabins, and Aulani all at the same time, and possibly VGF2... I suspect their new model may be the AUL model... We'll make money renting it out and we'll make money selling it direct. Pick your style, and we don't care how long it takes to sell out these resorts. The parks division is definitely committed to DVC given this incredibly aggressive expansion amidst a time of significant belt-tightening. The numbers must really be there.
I don’t know that I’d bet on incentives getting much better absent a major economic downturn or Disney urgently needing to raise cash/pay down debt—but I have noticed that the WDW resort discounts seem to be coming fast and furious so I wonder if Disney is offering these incentives to try to lower the number of additional DVC rooms they need to keep filling with guests—which may be why they keep rolling our targeted incentives to move inventory. If too many people are priced out of WDW trips (having blown all their pandemic savings over the past 2 years), it would make sense for Disney to get more aggressive on incentives as new resort capacity comes online.

Meanwhile, I continue to see new listing from brokers for WDW resorts priced far above the per point rate you can buy direct for VGF…I wonder if anybody is actually buying used at those prices.

Lots of good arguments here to buy direct.

I'm currently waiting for ROFR on a resale and I think you all convinced me I have buyer's remorse and I haven't even closed yet :oops:

Definitely a time crunch with the incentives ending in September, and I'm thinking it would be silly to close then turn around and sell to try and grab this VGF deal.

What's the vibe on a similar deal coming for any of the new/planned resorts? I don't want to be kicking myself!

I'm currently waiting for ROFR on a resale and I think you all convinced me I have buyer's remorse and I haven't even closed yet :oops:

Definitely a time crunch with the incentives ending in September, and I'm thinking it would be silly to close then turn around and sell to try and grab this VGF deal.

What's the vibe on a similar deal coming for any of the new/planned resorts? I don't want to be kicking myself!

These are some of the best I have seen for where we are into sales.

I do think there is a chance we will see the MB program continuing with new resorts but the price will start higher for the upcoming ones which will make them not as good.

But, you just never know with DVC.

Most resale contracts say you can change your mind within 10 days. Are you past that?

We were in the same boat - had a resale contract in the mid-$150s for VGF and walked away after learning about the summer incentives. We felt the resale was a generally good deal for what is was (loaded with 2022 and 2023 points, while our direct with same UY starts in 2024 after MB), but I felt it was worth giving up the two extra years in order to have unrestricted points at pretty much the same upfront cost (already had blue card).

Nobody really knows regarding similar deals for the newer resorts. It probably also depends on what the economy will do. Personally, I'm highly unlikely to buy direct at a resale-restricted resort for multiple reasons, so the VGF deal may have been the last chance for us to buy direct at a reasonable price (we won't be doing Poly1 direct for $250/point!).

Most resale contracts say you can change your mind within 10 days. Are you past that?

We were in the same boat - had a resale contract in the mid-$150s for VGF and walked away after learning about the summer incentives. We felt the resale was a generally good deal for what is was (loaded with 2022 and 2023 points, while our direct with same UY starts in 2024 after MB), but I felt it was worth giving up the two extra years in order to have unrestricted points at pretty much the same upfront cost (already had blue card).

Nobody really knows regarding similar deals for the newer resorts. It probably also depends on what the economy will do. Personally, I'm highly unlikely to buy direct at a resale-restricted resort for multiple reasons, so the VGF deal may have been the last chance for us to buy direct at a reasonable price (we won't be doing Poly1 direct for $250/point!).
I am 3 days past my 10 day window and my contract was sent to ROFR on 6/23. Maybe it'll be the first one scooped up this year :rotfl2:

I was into resale because the initial investment was lower so I could pay cash, and it didn't bother me that I was locked out of Riviera/future resorts. But as I've done more reading here and thought about what might happen with the 2042 resorts (insight from Sandisw), the potential to be at a monorail resort coupled with all the incentives, and the extended years on the contract (I'm under contract at SSR) I'm thinking it might be worth the additional money to get what I will be missing once my resale contract closes.

Maybe I can close and enjoy my first year of points and see what both the resale and direct markets do to time a sell/direct buy. The FOMO is becoming more and more real!

I'm looking to add 150 points at VGF, I'm active military, current DVC member w/ a reservation. I'm getting a base price of $26,715, which is $178.10 a point. We are doing Magical Beginning for our 2022 points, so brings down our price to $156.10 w/ 2023 points moving forward and an AUG UY. I hate its AUG b/c our other direct contracts are APR but we do have an AUG HHI contract and all of our homes are really to take advantage of 11 months, except our SAP at SSR.

These are some of the best I have seen for where we are into sales.

I do think there is a chance we will see the MB program continuing with new resorts but the price will start higher for the upcoming ones which will make them not as good.

But, you just never know with DVC.
On MB with new resorts, are you thinking Poly2? or current new resorts? Because I thought the first year of a new resort you don't get the prior year points offered as an incentive because they don't exist (that is what our guide told us when the new VGF presales opened).

On MB with new resorts, are you thinking Poly2? or current new resorts? Because I thought the first year of a new resort you don't get the prior year points offered as an incentive because they don't exist (that is what our guide told us when the new VGF presales opened).
Yes you are correct. VDH owners who opted for MB would sell back the 2023 UY points whether or not their UY has occurred. MB is a great program that I would take advantage of if they keep it around when we are ready to add-on.

The MB promotion is for the first year of points..I should have been more clear,

So, if they did allow it with Poly tower, it would be the 2024 points for everyone as that would be the first set since resort is opening late 2024.

We were deciding between resale VGC or DLH however DW has always wanted VGF. Having just stayed at VGC on DVC side followed by a cash stay at DLH. We have narrowed it down to resale VGC or VGF direct. DLH just didn’t do it for us.
Perhaps this should be discussed in another thread but does anyone think it may become difficult to book 1beds/2beds at VGF given influx of new owners possibly not interested in resort studios?

We were deciding between resale VGC or DLH however DW has always wanted VGF. Having just stayed at VGC on DVC side followed by a cash stay at DLH. We have narrowed it down to resale VGC or VGF direct. DLH just didn’t do it for us.
Perhaps this should be discussed in another thread but does anyone think it may become difficult to book 1beds/2beds at VGF given influx of new owners possibly not interested in resort studios?
I agree that the influx of new studio points, it'll make the 1br/2br accomodations more competitive than they already are. With the incentives, people are buying larger contracts for those limited accomodations epecially people who can't travel more than 1-2 times per year. That is precisely why we did not buy VDH and instead bought resale VGC. We were worried with all the studio points, the 1-2 bedrooms would be an 11 month booking on the dot.

As a non home resort owner, yes. I have already seen a difference for my trips in 1 bedrooms there. What I always got with SSR points would not have been possible for my upcoming trips.

I am glad that I bought and got to book during home resort period.

For owners, it may not be too bad if booking at 11 months but as you get closer to 7 months I think it will be harder.

For owners, it may not be too bad if booking at 11 months but as you get closer to 7 months I think it will be harder.
Thanks @Sandisw. I think this clinches it for us.. It also solidifies our 2bed strategy at WDW. With growing daughters I need 2 bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter