Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very difficult not to consider an add on contract at VGF. Current owner, staying at VGF and the incentives with MB bringing the price per point to $161 is hard
to pass up. I was considering 100 but the marginal cost per point and total cost between 100 and 150 points is really small.
Us too. We thought we would add on 75. Maybe 100. Then these incentives came out and we felt we had to just do 150.

I have a big family (11 total) and growing and we have a few Dvc memberships between us all. To have a grand Villa is meaningful for shared spaces, all have a space, and to have more GF points seals it for me.

Is the Welcome Home Additional Credit only an in person promotion? And is it already over? I’ve never worked with a guide before but when I contacted them that’s what they told me. I’m a current owner via resale.

Is the Welcome Home Additional Credit only an in person promotion? And is it already over? I’ve never worked with a guide before but when I contacted them that’s what they told me. I’m a current owner via resale.
I don’t know if it’s already over, but we bought over the phone and just had to give them a reservation number for an upcoming stay (which we haven’t taken yet).

Hey everyone. Wife and I were looking at buying resale for our first purchase, but this deal looks pretty good even for new members at VGF.

I noticed most of the posts are for existing members and was hoping my post could help out some potential new members like me. This is my first time really look into this so please feel free to correct me if I missed something.

New Member 150p at VGF
$32,550
- 1,085 for the 5 free points
- 1,500 for developer credits (members get 2500)
- 1,000 for "Welcome Home"
- 500 for "Dream it Forward" (referral program)
- 3,300 for Magical Beginnings @ 22/p * 150 points
= $25,165 or 167.8/p

Note: This is not including closing costs which I think are around $800?

An agent sent us this after talking to her. https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/g/GrandFloridian_Prospect_Welcome_DreamItForward.pdf

And to answer Disfamwa, there is a $1000 "Welcome Home" credit for new members with a currently booked reservation. Not 100% sure on details here, but sounds like you can have any reservation in the future and can book one just for this discount even if you don't have one booked already. Wife and I are looking at a 2024 trip and they said that should count as long as we book before we purchase.
Did you end up buying direct? I think we are going to and was going to pm you a couple of questions if you did!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread! I just called up DVC and was able to get the ball rolling on buying our first DVC contract. Our guide was a bit surprised that we’ve never had contact with a guide before when I brought up every applicable discount, wanted to split our contract into 50 and 100 point contracts with our preferred December use year, waive title insurance, and space our payments over 90 days—all learned about through this thread 😂

Last edited:

Promotion is still running and seems to work 3 ways: 1) applies when on a current trip 2) applies if you have a future stay (any Disney property and nudge nudge wink wink you can cancel your reservation later) and 3) the fine print talks about as long as you take a tour it works (at least according to a guide I spoke with yesterday).

While current incentives expire Sep 11, you need to have done a tour (phone or in person) by the 5th though if you have a really good guide, they’ll have some leeway.

I’m on property and spoke with a few guides yesterday. Can confirm not all guides are created equal! Though I have an assigned guide, feel much better about 2 I met yesterday .

I’ll be a new owner and just got assigned a random guide on the phone yesterday, but she knew about the welcome home additional credit and had no problem giving it to us for a hotel stay we have booked at the Grand Californian in November. This was over over the phone. I’m happy to share her contact information if you would like it!

Our total cost buying 150pts direct with these summer incentives was just under $25k.

We - were existing members since buying a small resale contract last year.

- waved Title Insurance (saved $187 on closing costs). This is a personal risk we felt wasn’t much of a risk.

- gave our Dec ‘23 resort/checkout date to qualify for the Welcome Home credit

-were allowed to split into four $7k payments spread over 90 days

-will get $3300 back (rebate) in Oct for selling back ‘22 Sept UY points

Entire transaction took less than an hour by phone. Our yearly dues is $1,100.

VGF direct seemed to be a waning opportunity to buy direct without encumbrance of full restrictions should we ever decide to sell. At least resale will have some tradability. I also feel direct’s value is increased by ability to book new resorts. 40yrs is a long time and $25k is a serious purchase, so those things made me feel more comfortable taking the plunge. Blue Card is the cherry on top.

Yes, maybe we’re not getting in at the absolute lowest price (like SSR resale per say). This just feels much less risky when running through future scenarios. Under a wide range of potential circumstances I’m not seeing much in the way of regret. This is a great property to use, rent or sell with very high likelihood none of that comes in at a loss.

Yes if you have any trip booked onsite whether cash, dvc owner or renter. They aren’t very strict with this so far. You can book one night at POP and change it down the road after they confirm and write up your contract.

Existing owners get $1500 credit (that includes resale owners).

New buyers get $1000 credit but also qualify for $500 referral credit, and that can be from any DVC owner. Just ask anyone here on the referral board.

Everybody gets the full $1500 amount :)

I didn’t see this posted here but apologies if it’s repetitive; there’s a new (pretty good) SSR incentive as of this week, if I’m mathing correctly, at 200 points it’s $172.50, with MB it would be 150.50, I’m not sure whether the $1500 incentive would be good on this too but if so that would net down further to $143.

https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/nm/SaratogaSprings_Member_DeveloperCredit_CashOnly.pdf

I didn’t see this posted here but apologies if it’s repetitive; there’s a new (pretty good) SSR incentive as of this week, if I’m mathing correctly, at 200 points it’s $172.50, with MB it would be 150.50, I’m not sure whether the $1500 incentive would be good on this too but if so that would net down further to $143.

https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/nm/SaratogaSprings_Member_DeveloperCredit_CashOnly.pdf

Do we know that they will do MB on this? I heard it’s not for all resorts. But if it applies, pretty decent deal.

Promotion is still running and seems to work 3 ways: 1) applies when on a current trip 2) applies if you have a future stay (any Disney property and nudge nudge wink wink you can cancel your reservation later) and 3) the fine print talks about as long as you take a tour it works (at least according to a guide I spoke with yesterday).

While current incentives expire Sep 11, you need to have done a tour (phone or in person) by the 5th though if you have a really good guide, they’ll have some leeway.

I’m on property and spoke with a few guides yesterday. Can confirm not all guides are created equal! Though I have an assigned guide, feel much better about 2 I met yesterday .
This was so helpful — thank you!! We ended up buying our first direct contract (VGF 150), and were able to get the welcome home credit!

I continuously use the add-on tool in myDVC account, and did so again yesterday. As of yesterday, the extra $1500 discount was not showing in the tool but had previously (I think at least). My guide is on a cruise, slacker lol, and a bit hard to get in contact with him. Can anyone confirm this is still available? My plan is to wait until early Sept. to start the paperwork for VGF awaiting new incentives on 9/12. My guide told me the price he quoted me (with the $1500 discount) was good until 9/11. Kind of concerned not seeing it now.. any insight?

I continuously use the add-on tool in myDVC account, and did so again yesterday. As of yesterday, the extra $1500 discount was not showing in the tool but had previously (I think at least). My guide is on a cruise, slacker lol, and a bit hard to get in contact with him. Can anyone confirm this is still available? My plan is to wait until early Sept. to start the paperwork for VGF awaiting new incentives on 9/12. My guide told me the price he quoted me (with the $1500 discount) was good until 9/11. Kind of concerned not seeing it now.. any insight?
The Welcome Home credit is definitely still in effect and features in the promo material at all the kiosks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter