Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I continuously use the add-on tool in myDVC account, and did so again yesterday. As of yesterday, the extra $1500 discount was not showing in the tool but had previously (I think at least). My guide is on a cruise, slacker lol, and a bit hard to get in contact with him. Can anyone confirm this is still available? My plan is to wait until early Sept. to start the paperwork for VGF awaiting new incentives on 9/12. My guide told me the price he quoted me (with the $1500 discount) was good until 9/11. Kind of concerned not seeing it now.. any insight?
While I have no insight into what the incentives will be on 9/12, VGF2 was 64% sold as of the end of June, and it’s been over a month since then. There’s anecdotal reports of people having a hard time getting later UYs and getting steered towards Feb UY instead.

If Use Year matters to you I’d take that into consideration for your “when to buy.”

I didn’t see this posted here but apologies if it’s repetitive; there’s a new (pretty good) SSR incentive as of this week, if I’m mathing correctly, at 200 points it’s $172.50, with MB it would be 150.50, I’m not sure whether the $1500 incentive would be good on this too but if so that would net down further to $143.

https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/nm/SaratogaSprings_Member_DeveloperCredit_CashOnly.pdf
Getting rid of all those points that were ROFRd last year!

I continuously use the add-on tool in myDVC account, and did so again yesterday. As of yesterday, the extra $1500 discount was not showing in the tool but had previously (I think at least). My guide is on a cruise, slacker lol, and a bit hard to get in contact with him. Can anyone confirm this is still available? My plan is to wait until early Sept. to start the paperwork for VGF awaiting new incentives on 9/12. My guide told me the price he quoted me (with the $1500 discount) was good until 9/11. Kind of concerned not seeing it now.. any insight?
The 1,500 never showed in the tool online for me and I have been watching VGF since June. It's still listed on the DVC Explorer chart and shows an expiration of 9/11.

Our total cost buying 150pts direct with these summer incentives was just under $25k.

We - were existing members since buying a small resale contract last year.

- waved Title Insurance (saved $187 on closing costs). This is a personal risk we felt wasn’t much of a risk.

- gave our Dec ‘23 resort/checkout date to qualify for the Welcome Home credit

-were allowed to split into four $7k payments spread over 90 days

-will get $3300 back (rebate) in Oct for selling back ‘22 Sept UY points

Entire transaction took less than an hour by phone. Our yearly dues is $1,100.

VGF direct seemed to be a waning opportunity to buy direct without encumbrance of full restrictions should we ever decide to sell. At least resale will have some tradability. I also feel direct’s value is increased by ability to book new resorts. 40yrs is a long time and $25k is a serious purchase, so those things made me feel more comfortable taking the plunge. Blue Card is the cherry on top.

Yes, maybe we’re not getting in at the absolute lowest price (like SSR resale per say). This just feels much less risky when running through future scenarios. Under a wide range of potential circumstances I’m not seeing much in the way of regret. This is a great property to use, rent or sell with very high likelihood none of that comes in at a loss.
Can you explain to me what Title Insurance does? I also waived it but now having second thoughts. The CM I was just talking to said if I went to resell later down the line, I have to disclose that I don't have title insurance and it could be problems because new person won't be able to buy it. That doesn't make sense to me because when buying a house, you always buy title insurance to see who owns it. Do I need title insurance for later if reselling?

Can you explain to me what Title Insurance does? I also waived it but now having second thoughts. The CM I was just talking to said if I went to resell later down the line, I have to disclose that I don't have title insurance and it could be problems because new person won't be able to buy it. That doesn't make sense to me because when buying a house, you always buy title insurance to see who owns it. Do I need title insurance for later if reselling?
Yeah I think that CM is confused. It’s insurance, guarantees the title/deed is clear and the contract correct for the buyer.

My CM said he knew that was a thing yet I was the first to ask him for it. He knew the exact paper for me to sign.

For resale I’d definitely want it. Could be a time consuming headache if your seller had a judgement or dispute for divorce or whatever. I think that money’s worth avoiding the hassle. But with Direct it’s coming right from the developer.

We had title insurance on a Florida property that actually paid off $30k. Deed said we owned all the land yet there was actually an easement nobody caught. Nobody was using it but the potential was there and could effect future property value.

You can sell without having title insurance, the buyer will buy there own which will run the checks on you as the seller and the contract.

While I have no insight into what the incentives will be on 9/12, VGF2 was 64% sold as of the end of June, and it’s been over a month since then. There’s anecdotal reports of people having a hard time getting later UYs and getting steered towards Feb UY instead.

If Use Year matters to you I’d take that into consideration for your “when to buy.”
Thank you! I have March UY's and would prefer to keep them all the same, but, not going to be giving up $3300 to do so, so, October it is :)

Hi All!

We are looking into purchasing our 1st DVC contact. We are doing 210 points at GFV. We would like our use year to be December. However, our guide told us our only option is March. Is there any way to get around this? March just isn't ideal for us but we dont want to miss out on these incentives. Thank you for any feedback!

Hi All!

We are looking into purchasing our 1st DVC contact. We are doing 210 points at GFV. We would like our use year to be December. However, our guide told us our only option is March. Is there any way to get around this? March just isn't ideal for us but we dont want to miss out on these incentives. Thank you for any feedback!
Ask for another guide. They can get you December if you’re a pain about it.

Hi All!

Was just there talking to more than 1 guide. Dec is doable. They just have to get approval from management. Press them

Hi All!

They will always try to guide new buyers to a particular UY. But, if you tell them you need it because it’s best for your travel times and that you realize they may need approval you’d appreciate that.

I have never read a report where someone wasn’t able to get what they needed. Keep trying.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread! I just called up DVC and was able to get the ball rolling on buying our first DVC contract. Our guide was a bit surprised that we’ve never had contact with a guide before when I brought up every applicable discount, wanted to split our contract into 50 and 100 point contracts with our preferred December use year, waive title insurance, and space our payments over 90 days—all learned about through this thread 😂
Do you know what the difference in closing costs is with the way you split the contracts vs just one 150 point contract?

Do you still qualify for blue card status even if contract is split into chunks where none of them is 150 by themselves?

Also, when you do 90 days for payments, does that mean the contract never becomes official until the final payment is made within the 90 days? Wondering when points get loaded, if incentives available at signing time are locked (even though at 90 days we'd be under a different set of incentives), and most importantly when the 10 day to back-out clock begins.

Do you still qualify for blue card status even if contract is split into chunks where none of them is 150 by themselves?

Also, when you do 90 days for payments, does that mean the contract never becomes official until the final payment is made within the 90 days? Wondering when points get loaded, if incentives available at signing time are locked (even though at 90 days we'd be under a different set of incentives), and most importantly when the 10 day to back-out clock begins.
Blue card is based on 150 direct points in your profile. As long as you keep 150 of them.

The points are loaded in a few hours and then you can continue to use them. 10 day back-out clock begins from day 1 is my understanding. They won't change your incentives, however while the contract is "open" they are able to redo the contract if you have a good guide.

Do you know what the difference in closing costs is with the way you split the contracts vs just one 150 point contract?
I can’t find the paper where I wrote the exact amount down, but I think it was around $250 dollars extra.

The total closing costs for the 50 point and 100 point contracts was $765.20. I declined title insurance, so it would be more if you wanted to keep that.

Hi All!

We are new members and just signed for a December use year VGF contract this week. I told our guide we travel in December and April, so it would need to be December to work for us. She had to get approval, but was able to do it!

Blue card is based on 150 direct points in your profile. As long as you keep 150 of them.

The points are loaded in a few hours and then you can continue to use them. 10 day back-out clock begins from day 1 is my understanding. They won't change your incentives, however while the contract is "open" they are able to redo the contract if you have a good guide.
Ah makes sense. I guess it'd be safer to just wait until early september to sign up then than trying to utilize the 90 days in case the next round of incentives being better.

Ah makes sense. I guess it'd be safer to just wait until early september to sign up then than trying to utilize the 90 days in case the next round of incentives being better.

To clarify, the 90 days doesn’t give you extra time to change incentives. It is the 10 days you are allowed to cancel the contract that does and that begins when you sign, not when it closes.

That is why some buy right before the incentives end so they are in the 10 day window to leverage DVD to change incentives.

Once that has passed, you have to legally complete the contract, regardless of whether you spread payments out or not.

To clarify, the 90 days doesn’t give you extra time to change incentives. It is the 10 days you are allowed to cancel the contract that does and that begins when you sign, not when it closes.

That is why some buy right before the incentives end so they are in the 10 day window to leverage DVD to change incentives.

Once that has passed, you have to legally complete the contract, regardless of whether you spread payments out or not.
Thanks for the clarification!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter