• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SURVIVOR 35 • Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers - "Come on in, guys!"

I just think the game is good enough as it is. I don't mind smart twists, but trying to force people into categories just for the sake of a theme seems pointless and unnecessary to me.
I'm with you. I really dislike all the gimmicks, but not quite enough to stop watching. I miss the first few years when it was shot in more of a documentary style than as a semi-scripted show.

my least favorite is the one where the Used Car Salesman won. I can't remember his name.

I agree - I couldn't stand that season. So many unlikeable people including the guy who won.

I just hate how forced the themed groups feel.

Am I alone in thinking this way?

I do like the themes to a certain extent - mostly seeing how the stereotypes are broken and very quickly it becomes about who each person is as an individual. Feels like there's a good lesson in there.

I think the themes are kind of fun for the beginning. I agree with @Dentam about how it being interesting to see how the stereotypes either are confirmed (the no collars tribe comes to mind with how they were spending a lot of time on the beach playing while the blue collars were working to build camp) or not (Zeke hated being called a millennial).

I do think that some of the themes are forced, sure, but the merge happens pretty early on and by the end it doesn't matter, they might just bring it up here and there.

I read a Reddit AMA once with one of the guys from Worlds Apart a.k.a. White/Blue/No Collar. He was originally going to be on one tribe and then someone from White Collar couldn't make the season so they moved him. So clearly the tribes can be fudged a bit.

The themes work better sometimes then others - but usually just give them something to build up drama with in the beginning. The one that sticks out to me that I hated was the Haves vs. The HaveNots - that season was a disaster in my opinion.

Someone asked about sunscreen earlier - this is from an article at today.com

They have access to a container with necessary supplies, such as feminine products, birth control, vital medications, contact lens solution, sunscreen, and insect repellent. Otherwise, they're on their own. Contestants don't get razors, toothbrushes, or other conveniences, so if they have bright white teeth or aren't growing body hair, it may be because of tooth whitening or laser hair removal they had done before they left for the show.

I'm almost positive that a few years ago, I read that they'd "bought" that island so as to maintain production costs. But I could be mistaken.
That is so interesting! Too bad, though. I remember when the big "reveal" was the location of the next season, now it's all about the theme. I liked the different locales and thought that was what made each season unique. :confused3

Someone asked about sunscreen earlier - this is from an article at today.com

They have access to a container with necessary supplies, such as feminine products, birth control, vital medications, contact lens solution, sunscreen, and insect repellent. Otherwise, they're on their own. Contestants don't get razors, toothbrushes, or other conveniences, so if they have bright white teeth or aren't growing body hair, it may be because of tooth whitening or laser hair removal they had done before they left for the show.

Interesting, I wouldn't have expected the sunscreen or insect repellent. I've seen plenty with sunburns and some nasty insect bites. I wonder if they are given a limited supply and not restocked, or if maybe some just don't use it.

Interesting, I wouldn't have expected the sunscreen or insect repellent. I've seen plenty with sunburns and some nasty insect bites. I wonder if they are given a limited supply and not restocked, or if maybe some just don't use it.
Totally guessing here - but I think with sunscreen people seriously underestimate how much they need, and it's probably easy to get caught up in the game the first day or two and before they know it they're super burned. For the bug spray, I've always thought it worked better for some people than others, and maybe there are some bugs that it works better against. Also betting that some people just forget to put it on some nights before bed or something and wake up a mess the next day.

Totally guessing here - but I think with sunscreen people seriously underestimate how much they need, and it's probably easy to get caught up in the game the first day or two and before they know it they're super burned. For the bug spray, I've always thought it worked better for some people than others, and maybe there are some bugs that it works better against. Also betting that some people just forget to put it on some nights before bed or something and wake up a mess the next day.

That explains one thing to me. I was wondering how come the Survivor people are not eaten alive on tropical islands when the Naked & Afraid people are always in agony from bug bites. Makes sense now.

I didn't know they bought the island. I always liked when they revealed a new location - bummer!

Pre-season picks? Before the season premier, I like to pick two players (male and female) that I think could win.

The guys this season don't impress me much. I like Alan the NFL player. He's obviously strong and competitive but also knowledgeable about Survivor strategy and personable. But, I think he'll be a huge target post-merge so I'm picking the Marine Ben. Ben looks physically strong but not cut like the younger guys. He also has experiences as a marine that will allow him shrug off social situations that will trap lessor players.

Among the ladies, I like Chrissy. She's obviously very smart and knows a lot about Survivor. But I think she's going to get stuck with the "mom" label and that doesn't usually work out well in this game. So give me Roark. I don't think there's anyone on this season who knows more about this game. She's not immediately threatening and she's got the tools to go all the way.

Those are my picks. If I have to choose one, I'd take Roark over Ben. Survivors ready? GO!

Last edited:
Pre-season picks? Before the season premier, I like pick two players (male and female) that I think could win.

The guys this season don't impress me much. I like Alan the NFL player. He's obviously strong and competitive but also knowledgeable about Survivor strategy and personable. But, I think he'll be a huge target post-merge so I'm picking the Marine Ben. Ben looks physically strong but not cut like the younger guys. He also has experiences as a marine that will allow him shrug off social situations that will trap lessor players.

Among the ladies, I like Chrissy. She's obviously very smart and knows a lot about Survivor. But I think she's going to get stuck with the "mom" label and that doesn't usually work out well in this game. So give me Roark. I don't think there's anyone on this season who knows more about this game. She's not immediately threatening and she's got the tools to go all the way.

Those are my picks. If I have to choose one, I'd take Roark over Ben. Survivors ready? GO!

I see that but I always want to see EP1, gives you an idea of how much they can really manipulate.

I like Ben on the hero tribe.
I think the football guy is playing to hard.
I like the Dr. on the healers and the short guy on the hustlers.

Overall, I feel like everyone is playing way to hard to fast.

My first impression favourites are Ben and Chrissy from heroes, Cole and Roark from healers and Devon from hustlers so far. And Ryan from hustlers. I just liked him right away for some reason. These choices may change as I get to know the players a little better. I don't really have anyone that I peg as winners yet at this point.

Chrissy’s best chance is to not go back to tribal council again so she voted to keep the strong players. She knows the four are not completely unified and she’ll be better positioned to wiggle into a new alliance if she doesn’t pull something unexpected like playing that idol to save Katrina. She also has a real idol now that she can use to fake out the other players before the next tribal council, if she needs to.

Last edited:
Football player is over the top. I like the bellhop and surfer alliance. Bellhop reminds me of Dave. The healers seem to be in good shape to go far. Barfing actuary was probably smart to not use that idol and get a big target on her back. Though I thought for sure she'd save her mom squad friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter