Switching from Celebration to Hilton Tokyo Bay... Anyone done this?

Feistygirl916

Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way
How easy will it be to switch from Disney's Celebration Hotel to the Hilton Tokyo Bay? Has anyone done this before and have any tips?

It sounds like switching from Disney to another Disney property is simple, so I hope our switch is easy as well :)

They will not transfer luggage from Disney hotels to official hotels. I'm not sure what's the exact plan is, but here are some options that I can think of moving from Celebration to Hilton. I assume you move hotels in middle of visiting resort.

If you are using an early entry on check out day…
  • Check out and take your luggage with you. Take the shuttle and get off at either Disney Sea or Disney Land. Use their locker to store your luggage till you are ready to head out to Hilton. Use Disney Resort Line to Bayside Station. There’ll be a free bus to Hilton or you can walk to hotel (it’s right across from the station).
  • Leave the luggage at Bell Desk (Celebration) after the check out and come back to retrieve the luggage when you are ready to head to Hilton. Use a shuttle to Disney Land or Sea and take the Disney Resort Line to Bayside Station.
If you are not using an early entry on check out day…
  • Check out and take your luggage with you. Take the shuttle to Disney Land and walk to Maihama station (probably about 5 mins). You can pre-check in and leave the luggage at Welcome Center*. They will deliver the luggage to hotel for you. After the long day, you can use Disney Resort Line to Bayside Station and straight to your room at Hilton.
  • If you don’t want to walk with your luggage, take the shuttle to Disney Sea and take the Disney Resort Line to Resort Gateway Station. Go to Welcome Center and check in, leave your luggage, and head to park from there. Use Disney Resort Line to hotel after a long day.

Combination of above...
  • Take a luggage and use the locker to store until mid-day. Use the Disney Resort Line to Welcome Center and do pre check-in and leave the luggage to be delivered. Head back to park and enjoy the rest of the day.

*Note: Welcome Center opens at 8 am and closes at 3 pm for official hotel guests.

There are lockers that are big enough to fit suitcases, but are very limited. I suggest using Welcome Center and have them deliver the luggage for you.

Thanks so much! This helps a lot!

So the welcome center will deliver our bags to the Hilton if we do a pre check in?

We got off the train and walked to the Welcome centre. We took our luggage and checked in there, for the Hilton. They would have our bags in our room by I think 3pm, but if we were happy to wait until 5pm(?) then they would give us our keys.
We did this, went straight to Disneyland, then back directly to our room after 5. It was fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter