• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take the pledge to continue to wear a mask during the Covid - 19 pandemic

I am stunned each and every day at the people who flat out refuse to wear a mask somehow thinking it is compliance to something bigger, or people being "sheep" and that it is foolish. I saw something on the news that said if everyone wore a mask the virus would be pretty much gone. It's the people who are being defiant toddlers that are making this disease spread.

No need to take a pledge. I always wear one in public.
I don’t agree we are all in this together.
someone who has lost a love one from covid it’s not the same as someone who hasn’t lost a lost a love one. I don’t know anyone who has died from covid I’m not going to tell someone who has lost a love one we are all in this together.

Someone who has lost their job because of covid is not the same from someone who hasn’t lost their job from covid. So far I still have my job I’m not going to tell someone who has lost their job. We are all in this together.
I've been wearing one from the beginning! I always figured it's about life, not making a statement.

Agreed on both points -
We are wearing masks, happily and with the hope/intention of being helpful in containing this thing...but I don't need anyone to preach to me about it.

Yeah no need to make some grand statement about wearing one...just like no need to make some grand statement about not wearing one. Just wear one (properly) and go about your day. IMO the more we normalize it by not making it such a divisive thing the more people will jump on to doing it.

With respects to my experience I haven't seen too much success stories on people using preaching either extremes (the personal freedom bunch or the :angel: for wearing one and you're awful for not bunch). I've seen more compliance when people around you show you can do normal tasks with it on, that it's no big deal by virtue of wearing one (because wearing one can still create uncomfortableness) because it has become a habit and really in a nutshell leading by example in the visual front.

Yeah no need to make some grand statement about wearing one...just like no need to make some grand statement about not wearing one. Just wear one (properly) and go about your day. IMO the more we normalize it by not making it such a divisive thing the more people will jump on to doing it.

With respects to my experience I haven't seen too much success stories on people using preaching either extremes (the personal freedom bunch or the :angel: for wearing one and you're awful for not bunch). I've seen more compliance when people around you show you can do normal tasks with it on, that it's no big deal by virtue of wearing one (because wearing one can still create uncomfortableness) because it has become a habit and really in a nutshell leading by example in the visual front.

Right on!

I think we've NEEDED to get the message out about wearing masks because so many people weren't hearing it. There's nothing wrong with being proud to do the thing that could keep others safe. I've been much more disgusted with those who have been so proud to NOT wear masks because they are standing up for their own rights and just flat out not caring about the safety of others.
I think this attitude is just plain wrong. IMO ☹️

Someone said if everyone would wear a mask the virus would be gone. It wouldn’t be gone just not able to spread it won’t be gone until there’s a vaccine. Just the stay at home orders all did also is slow the spread.

I am stunned each and every day at the people who flat out refuse to wear a mask somehow thinking it is compliance to something bigger, or people being "sheep" and that it is foolish. I saw something on the news that said if everyone wore a mask the virus would be pretty much gone. It's the people who are being defiant toddlers that are making this disease spread.
Perfect description!

This woman at work just began wearing a mask about 2 weeks ago. Now that she has decided to wear one, she goes on a daily rant about all of the irresponsible, reckless people who aren't wearing masks. Fortunately, I am wearing a mask to help cover my facial expressions from letting her know just how obnoxious, arrogant, and flat out annoying she is.

I'm so tired of the preaching about masks. They're mandated almost everywhere now, and that's just fine. They should be.

But the constant posts on social media suggesting that one's virtue is based on being proud to wear one are a bit grating imo.

This is the United States not China. China doesn't need any preaching. They just tell you what to do and you obey otherwise you get arrested. In the United States we have far more freedom. Preaching is necessary since no one is going to be arrested and thrown in jail for not wearing a mask. Our county relies on social pressure to get more people to conform and hence all of the preaching. Somewhat like when seat belts were mandated and drunk driving laws were stiffened a generation ago. We increased seat belt use not through any heavy handed government regulations but more by using social pressure to get people to conform. I am glad we live in a country that has far more freedoms and am willing to tolerate a constant stream of social media posts in lieu of a society where the central government is all controlling.

I have one of those defiant toddlers in my FB newsfeed every day. Multiple posts a day, sometimes per hour, and I just want to say "give it a rest". Don't wear it, fine, just stay away from me.

This woman at work just began wearing a mask about 2 weeks ago. Now that she has decided to wear one, she goes on a daily rant about all of the irresponsible, reckless people who aren't wearing masks. Fortunately, I am wearing a mask to help cover my facial expressions from letting her know just how obnoxious, arrogant, and flat out annoying she is.
I had the opposite. During the shutdown when we weren't allowed to be friends with anyone or have any family, I was going out to see my kids and fix things at the house for them. Mom works weekends and it seemed every weekend something happened, from a 1 inch stream of water filling up the basement because the pressure switch broke and the pipe blew off pumping water into the basement at 50 gallons/minute? To a flash out of a wall outlet in my oldest daughter's room when a lightning strike happened outside of her window. Instead of cowering in my own house, I went out to where my daughters were to prevent them from drowning or the house burning down around them.

My buddy's wife was screaming constantly at me, stay home. Don't even go see your kids. Now I couldn't care less about my former, now my ex's, house but I certainly don't want it burning down around them while my ex is at work. Kids are teenagers BTW, 19 and 16 which is why they are home alone while she is at work before someone comes and says something about that. Oh, and also neither are electricians or plumbers so they don't know how to deal with a well pump going flat out filling the basement or an electrical fire in the wall, before someone comments that she's an adult.

That was a Saturday that I went out there and she was reprimanding me for dealing with my children's issues. Then Sunday she completely changed her tune, started posting constantly on Facebook about masks and the communism takeover and she baa's at people out in public.

One day is all it took to be screaming on one end then completely moving to the other end and screaming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter