Take the pledge to continue to wear a mask during the Covid - 19 pandemic

Just wear the mask. Is it too much to ask people to put on a mask that weighs an ounce or two for the benefit of others. Is it that hard to respect your neighbor? I believe that a mandate is what it will take to make some people wear them. The time for suggesting is over. It didn't work and that is why we are in the spot we are in now. I'm so over their conspiracy theories, believing it's political and this will end in the Fall after the election, calling it Nazism, losing their liberties and whatever else these people come up with. It's beginning to show the intelligence or lack thereof and selfishness of some.

Last edited:
I have one of those defiant toddlers in my FB newsfeed every day. Multiple posts a day, sometimes per hour, and I just want to say "give it a rest". Don't wear it, fine, just stay away from me.
Then say that.

Yes but that law is not widely enforced. It wasn't until a public education campaign was launched that seat belt use significantly increased.

Using a cell phone while driving is also another example. That is against the law but it is going to take public education to reduce that problem. We can't expect the police to pull over and ticket everyone using a cell phone.

I believe you are completely wrong on call phone use are you were with public education leading to more seatbelt use. It was the threat of fines that lead to people wearing them. Most people think that they are fantastic drivers and that cell phone use does not affect their ability to drive safely. Studies have proven otherwise. If the police started really enforcing hands free cell phone use, people would start paying attention.

Police can't possibly be expected to enforce every traffic law. The voters would never allow it. They would literally be pulling over millions of people every day. The court system could never handle that many cases.
Court system? Challenging texting while driving laws? If there was ever a time to double fines and demerit points this is that time.

I believe you are completely wrong on call phone use are you were with public education leading to more seatbelt use. It was the threat of fines that lead to people wearing them. Most people think that they are fantastic drivers and that cell phone use does not affect their ability to drive safely. Studies have proven otherwise. If the police started really enforcing hands free cell phone use, people would start paying attention.
Not to sidetrack but I’ve never agreed with laws specifically targeting cell phone use. Don’t get me wrong, people shouldn’t be playing with their phones while driving, but they also shouldn’t be doing other things that are just as bad or even worse while driving. Most states already had distracted driving laws on the books. I use to drive a 100,000 plus miles per year making deliveries.

I saw one family eating soup, I slowed down to look again and mom was serving dad a fresh hot bowl, the dad was steering with his knee because both hands where on his bowl and spoon, it must of been hot because he was cooling every bite. I quickly got away from that potential wreck.

Another time I saw a woman gratifying her boyfriend, not so unusual I’ll grant you but that this time she was the one driving.

Another time I watched a woman crawl out of the drivers seat into the passengers seat, I don’t know why, I hit the breaks to get away from her. She didn’t wreck so I’ll give her credit for that.

"Are we going to start mandating masks during flu season?"

Where I work, you are REQUIRED to get a yearly flu vaccine by a certain date. If you don't, you may continue going to work IF you have a documented medical or religious reason for not getting the flu vaccine. Those employees who DO have those reasons on file with HR are REQUIRED to wear a mask for the entire flu season (which in some years, goes from October 1 through mid-May!).

If you have a medical or religious exemption and you refuse to wear a mask? They give you an opportunity to go put on a mask. If you refuse, then you aren't allowed back to work until you do.

If you refuse to get a vaccine AND you also do not have a documented medical or religious exemption, then HR considers that the same as you putting in your notice and your employment is terminated. No exceptions.

No vaccine? No work.
No vaccine & refuse to wear mask? No work. Bye bye.

I'm not wearing a mask. It's not just a mask, it's my freedom. Why the bill of rights says I have the right to do whatever I want. And I'm all for personal responsibility even though not wearing a mask is completely irresponsible. It's only old and weak people that are going to get it anyway. So I'm not wearing one!!!

Court system? Challenging texting while driving laws? If there was ever a time to double fines and demerit points this is that time.

Last time I got a ticket it took me 4 months to get a court date. The prosecutors were sitting there trying to offer plea deals to everyone. I represented myself but there were lawyers who were pleaing down 10 cases at once. A complete assembly line justice system. There is no way the court system can handle any more cases.

The prosecutors were literally going through 20 cases in the 30 minute period that I was in court.

Last time I got a ticket it took me 4 months to get a court date. The prosecutors were sitting there trying to offer plea deals to everyone. I represented myself but there were lawyers who were pleaing down 10 cases at once. A complete assembly line justice system. There is no way the court system can handle any more cases.

The prosecutors were literally going through 20 cases in the 30 minute period that I was in court.
Did you go to court because you were actually not guilty of the charge, or not willing to take responsibility for having done what the charges indicate you allegedly did?

I'm not wearing a mask. It's not just a mask, it's my freedom....
smiley-plugging-nose.png
WHEWWWWW.....onions should DEFINITELY wear a mask. :crazy2:

There is absolutely zero chance a mask mandate would be allowed to go state-wide.
...don't be so sure....I live in NJ and it WAS mandated state-wide - THREE MONTHS AGO. That's why our numbers have been going down steadily.

Oh dear God. If these Covidiots would put half the time and effort into doing something other than being jerks...

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/i...iftq4E0LE2Gk9Xr1FE2yeEVw_0si40lMiZzYOzpjpHc5U
We just went to our local Walmart and saw the worst yet from a couple as we were all walking out..just a small plastic strip over the person's mouth with it just moving like crazy as they were talking and tied behind their heads. I think they were going from some pseudo face shield but that wasn't offering any protection whatsoever. Thus far it's the only time I've been very tempted to contact who we are supposed to in our state for businesses not adhering to the mask rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter