Take the pledge to continue to wear a mask during the Covid - 19 pandemic

20200713_083310-jpg.509480
......PATRIOTS? REALLY? [ :teeth: ;) ]

[...actually, I purchased a Vikes one for my DS...]

I don’t get being offended over posts promoting wearing masks and wearing them correctly. Lots of people aren’t doing that, all around the country. If you think it’s so unnecessary, maybe pack up your family, including the elderly and anyone who has underlying conditions, and go visit those places where nobody is wearing masks. Then let us know how you feel about those reminders.
....well put.

I'm not going to virtue signal, as long as it's mandated I'll wear it.

I hope to see you all continuing the pledge when flu season starts, you could save 10's of thousands of people a year from that too.

Same here. I wear them because I have to, and also to make people feel more comfortable. I'm not trying to coordinate them with outfits or anything. The surgical kind is the most breathable so I wear those.

...don't be so sure....I live in NJ and it WAS mandated state-wide - THREE MONTHS AGO. That's why our numbers have been going down steadily.
Familiarize yourself with WI politics and you'll realize I'm correct.

"Are we going to start mandating masks during flu season?"

Where I work, you are REQUIRED to get a yearly flu vaccine by a certain date. If you don't, you may continue going to work IF you have a documented medical or religious reason for not getting the flu vaccine. Those employees who DO have those reasons on file with HR are REQUIRED to wear a mask for the entire flu season (which in some years, goes from October 1 through mid-May!).

If you have a medical or religious exemption and you refuse to wear a mask? They give you an opportunity to go put on a mask. If you refuse, then you aren't allowed back to work until you do.

If you refuse to get a vaccine AND you also do not have a documented medical or religious exemption, then HR considers that the same as you putting in your notice and your employment is terminated. No exceptions.

No vaccine? No work.
No vaccine & refuse to wear mask? No work. Bye bye.

My opinion: This is what it will be once the vaccine comes out. No vaccine? No entry into Walmart, the airport, restaurant, etc. They might allow people to wear a mask while they are waiting for the vaccine.

Yes, thank goodness Milwaukee finally passed a mask ordinance. I wish it would go state-wide.
We were at Elkhart Lake earlier this week for a large, multi-family annual vacation. I was so glad to leave and get back to Illinois. They do not 'believe' in masks in WI. But glad I saw that Milwaukee instituted the mandate. Hopefully it will go statewide

......PATRIOTS? REALLY? [ :teeth: ;) ]

[...actually, I purchased a Vikes one for my DS...]
Hahaha! Yup. Proud fan.

I was a Purple People Eater fan back in the Fran Tarkenton days. Had a pair of Vikings Underoos in the mid 70's. :-)

Did you go to court because you were actually not guilty of the charge, or not willing to take responsibility for having done what the charges indicate you allegedly did?

I got pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I was guilty of that. The cop tacked on a cell phone ticket too which I was not guilty of. It was in my pocket the whole time. The prosecutors go though each case and call you into a separate room. After I talked for about 15 seconds they just offer to throw out the charge I was actually guilty of and offer to reduce the cell phone ticket down to distracted driving so it doesn't go on your record. They really couldn't care less if anyone was guilty or not. I took the plea and moved on.

There was also 4 or 5 lawyers in the court. Each one had about 5 cases they were also pleading down to distracted driving.

It was a complete assembly line justice. The court system is not setup to handle the volume of traffic infractions. I thought some of the cases were rather serious. Accidents, crashes with property damage, etc.

We were at Elkhart Lake earlier this week for a large, multi-family annual vacation. I was so glad to leave and get back to Illinois. They do not 'believe' in masks in WI. But glad I saw that Milwaukee instituted the mandate. Hopefully it will go statewide
Some parts do, Dan. Many businesses are requiring masks, even if there isn't a statewide mandate.

Funny, my DH works in Elkhart Lake. Hope you enjoyed the cute little town overrun with FIBS. :p Did you stay at the Osthoff? Victorian Village? Siebkins?

Some parts do, Dan. Many businesses are requiring masks, even if there isn't a statewide mandate.

Funny, my DH works in Elkhart Lake. Hope you enjoyed the cute little town overrun with FIBS. :p Did you stay at the Osthoff? Victorian Village? Siebkins?
Never heard that one before.

The several stores we went to, Walmart (at the time) included, most customers did not wear masks. Very few did. Employees at some places, our resort included, did not wear masks.

Most of our group (about 50 people, 10 families) stay at the Shore Club (prior Victorian Village, prior Barefoot Bay, prior Schwarz). My son and his family stayed in a nice 2 bedroom condo at Siebkens. We started going to Barefoot Bay about 35 years ago. When they shut down, we bounced back and forth at Lake Geneva and Delavan, Lake Lawn, The Abbey and Interlaken. The group ate at Otto's at The Ostoff one night (I did not, did not want to go into a restaurant). They also ate at Siebkens one night, I did not.

We used to go later in the month when the Concours d'Elegance would come from Road America over to the circle. I always LOVED that evening!! Now it will be in Plymouth.

My opinion: This is what it will be once the vaccine comes out. No vaccine? No entry into Walmart, the airport, restaurant, etc. They might allow people to wear a mask while they are waiting for the vaccine.
If that happens, I wouldn’t go anywhere.

Never heard that one before.

The several stores we went to, Walmart (at the time) included, most customers did not wear masks. Very few did. Employees at some places, our resort included, did not wear masks.

Most of our group (about 50 people, 10 families) stay at the Shore Club (prior Victorian Village, prior Barefoot Bay, prior Schwarz). My son and his family stayed in a nice 2 bedroom condo at Siebkens. We started going to Barefoot Bay about 35 years ago. When they shut down, we bounced back and forth at Lake Geneva and Delavan, Lake Lawn, The Abbey and Interlaken. The group ate at Otto's at The Ostoff one night (I did not, did not want to go into a restaurant). They also ate at Siebkens one night, I did not.

We used to go later in the month when the Concours d'Elegance would come from Road America over to the circle. I always LOVED that evening!! Now it will be in Plymouth.
I just realized that I think I am way off topic on this thread. :offtopic: :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter