• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take the pledge to continue to wear a mask during the Covid - 19 pandemic

The wording is tough for me, because I don't always wear one when I "leave my home." - I do always wear one when I go into stores, etc. But I have, for instance, gone without one for a walk in my neighborhood - where we can swing well more than six feet around if we happen to see anyone else out walking. And I don't wear it while in my car. I need an "almost always" option.
It is a ridiculous expectation that you (or anybody) would keep their mask on in either of these settings. You're doing fine. :thumbsup2

It's easy to see the writing on the wall. It's going to be tough for people who don't want it. I imagine the pressure to wear masks that is put on everyone now will be about the same for everyone to take the vaccine.
I agree, you can see it coming down the line, however it’s going to get more divided. Wearing or not wearing a mask is pretty tame. Some who are like me disagree with the orders but, if they start telling people they are required to get a vaccination to shop, eat at a restaurant, go to a bar, festival, or any other event. I think open revolt/disobedience would begin.
I’m giving the perspective from those that will simply say No!

I agree, you can see it coming down the line, however it’s going to get more divided. Wearing or not wearing a mask is pretty tame. Some who are like me disagree with the orders but, if they start telling people they are required to get a vaccination to shop, eat at a restaurant, go to a bar, festival, or any other event. I think open revolt/disobedience would begin.
I’m giving the perspective from those that will simply say No!
We don't know how effective the vaccines will be. Still a bit down the road.

Effective or not Effective doesn’t matter.
Simply that down the road, are you for mandatory vaccine?

If it is herd immunity effective 95%-100% and considered safe after passing all CDC regulations then yes make it mandatory like other vaccines that schools and similar places require. It's the only way to truly have a permanent solution to this problem and to protect the public. 😷

If it is herd immunity effective 95%-100% and considered safe after passing all CDC regulations then yes make it mandatory like other vaccines that schools and similar places require. It's the only way to truly have a permanent solution to this problem and to protect the public. 😷
I've heard the vaccine will be anywhere from 50-70% effective. I think we're going to be living with masks for years.

I've heard the vaccine will be anywhere from 50-70% effective. I think we're going to be living with masks for years.

I believe the polio vaccine started like that at first and then had newer, more effective versions years later. So vaccines will always evolve, just like this virus probably will too. I agree that masks will be long term. 😷

It's easy to see the writing on the wall. It's going to be tough for people who don't want it. I imagine the pressure to wear masks that is put on everyone now will be about the same for everyone to take the vaccine.
Except you can't tell by looking at someone if they have had the vaccine. If people aren't standing in line clamoring for it when it becomes available, I assume work places will start requiring it as a condition for employment (more than just hospitals).

Last edited:
Except you can't tell by looking at someone if they have had the vaccine. If people standing aren't standing in line clamoring for it when it becomes available, I assume work places will start requiring it as a condition for employment (more than just hospitals).
:guilty: An unpleasant thought on some levels but I guess I wouldn’t argue with it since there certainly is precedent for workplaces requiring such things.

Except you can't tell by looking at someone if they have had the vaccine. If people standing aren't standing in line clamoring for it when it becomes available, I assume work places will start requiring it as a condition for employment (more than just hospitals).
I haven’t heard anything regarding hospitals making it mandatory...yet. Although it is very likely. IMO

I'm so tired of the preaching about masks. They're mandated almost everywhere now, and that's just fine. They should be.

But the constant posts on social media suggesting that one's virtue is based on being proud to wear one are a bit grating imo.

Agreed. We have been wearing them since the beginning, and honestly the pro mask posts and people are starting to bother me more than the anti mask people.

Except you can't tell by looking at someone if they have had the vaccine. If people aren't standing in line clamoring for it when it becomes available, I assume work places will start requiring it as a condition for employment (more than just hospitals).

I agree. However, I think in China they have their vaccine information on their phones, as well as their method for paying for things - cashless.

I agree. However, I think in China they have their vaccine information on their phones, as well as their method for paying for things - cashless.
I don't see that happening here. But I do see schools and places of employment requiring proof of vaccination. I'm having flashbacks of standing in line myself in first grade for some sort of a shot.

I'm so tired of the preaching about masks. They're mandated almost everywhere now, and that's just fine. They should be.

But the constant posts on social media suggesting that one's virtue is based on being proud to wear one are a bit grating imo.
IME, they are grating to those people who know they should wear them, but for some reason, refuse to be a decent human being. If that bothers you, oh well.

I'm sick and tired of idiots in this country and I'm done being quiet about it.

I'm sick and tired of idiots in this country and I'm done being quiet about it.

I hear you. As an American, I’m tired and saddened and frustrated, watching the Covid numbers go up every day. It’s really a disgrace. Every other country has done a better job of controlling the spread. Why is that?

I consider wearing a mask a small sacrifice to make for the good of all. There are many who have made far greater sacrifices for our benefit. At this point, if you don’t/won’t wear a mask, you are selfish, ignorant or both. And if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter