Hi everyone!
So so excited for our trip and now it's only 27 days away!
Wow so much to tell you! Ok here are the basics:
5 of us going:
Me - 48 yo Mom
My husband - 49 yo (this is his 50th BDay trip that was supposed to be Hawaii )
Son- turning 19 on the first day of our trip.
Daughter-17
Daughter-13

This is our first trip to Florida and we have only been to Disney once- Disneyland in 2008 when the kids were 4-9. We did it well though and really loved it. I was more excited than anyone else and that seems to be the case this time as well!

So this trip (eeek!!). Well we kind of just bit the bullet and said let's stop waiting to win the lottery and just plan to go. As I said we started by planning a trip to Hawaii as that was my husbands dream. When he realized we couldn't afford to take the kids with us he said well- let's go somewhere else. We asked the kids- just to see what they'd pick and all 3 picked Orlando (2 WDW and 1 Wizzarding world of HP)

I have had so so much fun planning this trip that I'm a little sad that the planning is almost over... so excited to go though!

Have gone back and forth many times and even booked off site initially but then I listened to so many podcasts and YouTube videos that I switched it up.
Here is where we landed:
4 nights at Cabana Bay Beach resort
8 nights at Port Orleans Riverside with the DDP.

Flying out of Seattle on Southwest (one night in Seattle with free parking for 2 weeks)
Arrive at MCO and pick up car-get into CBBR at 7PM.
Have done only a little research about Universal but we will eat at Mythos for sons Bday dinner - his pick. Then hit toothsome choc emporium at some point. All I know is that the rides are probably too much for me and that everyone should take anti- nausea medicine. It's funny how little info there is about universal put out my moms. It's all from the perspective of 20 something men haha. I do love the Dis universal show though. Mardi Gras is on while we are there so it will be interesting.
After 3 days we are on to Disney!!!
Really excited! Think I have seen, heard, read all there is about WDW. My kids tease me and say I won't have any fun because I know too much.
Ok let's talk (rant) about teens for a minute: could they be anymore BORED when I talk about the trip? Too cool for school! I know they are excited too but man!
So I am so excited for Riverside! Went back and forth between there and CBR but in the end spent the extra money. And it's a lot as we need 2 rooms. I'm happy that we made this decision though! With the help of our awesome Disney travel agent!
ADRs:
Planet Hollywood
Be Our Guest -breakfast
Sci-Fi
Garden Grill
Tusker house RoL dining package
California Grill
Cinderellas Royal Table

Planning on a water park for a day as well just not sure which day yet.
Trying to have a plan but stay flexible.

So excited to see how it all goes. How well we travel together at this stage and what everyone really like.

Will post when we get home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter