Taste of Flower and Garden Festival announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The festival runs all da. Look a well befor it starts for showtimes from thre VoL
2. Bloggers will be there early, they get they're content and hurry to edit and release, they won't overwhelm but that depends in your level of comfort in terms of crowds
3. Menus for ForA were released only days before the start so I assume maybe a week before?

Thank you, @yulilin3 !

As for #2 - I'm not so worried about crowds - in number of people - but the obnoxiousness of the crowds if that makes sense? When I was there at the end of January, the Fri and Sat afternoon crowds were just obnoxious - drinking and eating while walking, drunk and smelling like beer as you passed them, no regard for other parties (walking 4 across on the narrower pathways). So, I wasnt sure if the push to "be there first" and post it would affect the ability to enjoy.

Since I am there before it starts, I think I'll do an Epcot morning the day before it opens so I can enjoy the Topiaries and Gardens.

Thank you, @yulilin3 !

As for #2 - I'm not so worried about crowds - in number of people - but the obnoxiousness of the crowds if that makes sense? When I was there at the end of January, the Fri and Sat afternoon crowds were just obnoxious - drinking and eating while walking, drunk and smelling like beer as you passed them, no regard for other parties (walking 4 across on the narrower pathways). So, I wasnt sure if the push to "be there first" and post it would affect the ability to enjoy.

Since I am there before it starts, I think I'll do an Epcot morning the day before it opens so I can enjoy the Topiaries and Gardens.
that's typical behavior of any weekend. Vloggers don't behave that way

As for #2 - I'm not so worried about crowds - in number of people - but the obnoxiousness of the crowds if that makes sense?
I hear ya. I was at Food & Wine in 2019 on a Saturday night and it was crazy. We were having dinner at Nine Dragons, sitting next to a highly intoxicated group. One of the guys got up, staggered toward the bathroom, but didn't make it all the way there before throwing up in a potted plant near our table. Tons of fun.🤢

When my kids are with me, we avoid epcot on weekend nights for that reason. I’ve always had really good experiences during the week. Of course there is overconsumption on weeknights also, I just haven’t noticed it being obnoxious as much during weeknights.

that's typical behavior of any weekend. Vloggers don't behave that way
That's super great to hear! I am happy for them to do their jobs as I enjoy a lot of content.

But to be honest, this trip is a solo trip and my goal is just to have a relaxing trip and really take everything in.

I hear ya. I was at Food & Wine in 2019 on a Saturday night and it was crazy. We were having dinner at Nine Dragons, sitting next to a highly intoxicated group. One of the guys got up, staggered toward the bathroom, but didn't make it all the way there before throwing up in a potted plant near our table. Tons of fun.🤢

SO much fun. It was especially noticeable when I was there on a Saturday afternoon with a girlfriend in January - we passed a group that just REEKED of beer and we were wearing our masks. I am all about a good cocktail or glass of wine but that just doesn't seem "fun" to me.

When my kids are with me, we avoid epcot on weekend nights for that reason. I’ve always had really good experiences during the week. Of course there is overconsumption on weeknights also, I just haven’t noticed it being obnoxious as much during weeknights.

Again, I'm all about fun but not the level of overconsumption I witnessed on my last trip. I popped in on a Sunday evening via the International Gateway, got as far as Morocco and left. And the Saturday afternoon experience was just over the top. Because to reek of beer you either had to have spilled one all over yourself or had more than a couple...

Does anyone know when the menus for the outdoor kitchens are likely to be announced?

Oh gosh! I've never done this festival. Any idea if either of the scavenger hunts is geared toward a certain age group. My YDD is 5 and I'm not sure if she'd rather do Easter Eggs or Bees?

The Easter Egg hunt you just look around for giant eggs. I have not done the bee one.
Touring plans had a review I should have googled before I posted. For anyone else interested, Spike the Bee is mainly for small children and the bees are obvious and easy to spot. The reward is done patches for your clothes. The Easter Eggs are WDW character designed and can be a bit tricky for the littles, but you get your own plastic Disney eggs at the end. I’m certain Celery would prefer the Easter egg prize, so we will do that one with some help from momma.

Just sitting here waiting for menus and merchandise to be announced. I need to know if I need to put money aside for a new Dooney. :-)
It's seriously starting to feel like they're just going to be like "go and see what's at the kitchens for yourself, there are menus out, you have eyes". Feels so odd to be so close to the festival and no word on menus or merch. I will be there second weekend it's open, I need to plan my food!

Food and Wine menus were super late last year too. I want to say it was only one week in advance. So if they follow that pattern we should see menus tomorrow or Thursday! 🤞

It's seriously starting to feel like they're just going to be like "go and see what's at the kitchens for yourself, there are menus out, you have eyes". Feels so odd to be so close to the festival and no word on menus or merch. I will be there second weekend it's open, I need to plan my food!

Festival of the Arts just ended yesterday so I'm sure it will be soon as they de-art the booths and apply all the flowers.

I hear you, though. I'll be there the week it opens

Waiting (im)patiently for menus, as well. I'll be going third week of March. If anyone is willing to mail me two of the booklets (are they doing the booklets??) I would be willing to Venmo you $5 to cover mailing. ?? Let me know. Would need to be mailed by March 5th. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter