Tell me about your wait list experiences

bags6490

Workin my way through life one Disney vacation at
WE have confirmed OKW for our Halloween trip but we have wait listed AKV, BCV, and BWV.

We have never used wait list before just wondering about details and other DISers luck in using this feature.

Anyone else ever wait list and got the wait listed room in that time of year?

Any and all information would be helpful!!!!!:thumbsup2

Halloween is the same time as the Epcot Food & Wine Fest and that fills up the Epcot area hotels (BWV and BCV) quickly plus a waiting list. So. I'm thinking your odds there are not too good. As for AKV, it's the first year so we have no history to base an opinion on.

It's hit and miss because it all depends on someone else cancelling. I waitlisted for Thanksgiving this year and got it, but not my first choice. So now I'm waitlisted for my first choice, though I'm happy to have just got something. So I did have some luck at a busy time. Just keep waiting and hope for the best, but be happy you at least have a place to stay (that uses much less points than the other choices.)

Only waitlisted twice (day-by-day); both came thru

1) BCV beginning the Sunday before Columbus Day

&

2) WLV; needed to add on a day last week of June this year

good luck:thumbsup2

Perhaps the new system will cut down on overall waitlisting & help you out?

We've been wait-listed twice.

The first was 2 years ago. I could get a 1BR at OKW, but wanted a 2BR. Got a call about an hour later saying that someone had cancelled their 2BR and we were in. :thumbsup2

This year I wanted a 1BR at OKW but could only get a studio at SSR. Took longer this time, but about 2 weeks ago we got the notice in the mail that our ressie was changed to OKW as we requested. :cool1:

Ressies were for the same time of year, early November, and booked at approximately the same time of year, early summer.

It's a tough call as to whether you'll get what you want or not. I know that the resorts you want are more popular than OKW, so it might be more of a stretch. Luckily we love OKW and have been fortunate to get the accommodations we want.

Here's some pixie dust pixiedust: Hope you get what you're looking for!

:hug: thanks to all for the information!

We will :hourglass and keep our fingers crossed!

No matter what we will be there for MNSSHP on 2 Nov!:banana:

I've always had postive experiences with the waitlist. A few years ago, we decided at the last minute to book a March trip. By the time I made the call, I couldn't get in any one resort for the whole trip. I had rooms-studios and one bedrooms-at every single resort, meaning we would have to move every day. We would have a one bedroom at OKW, the next night at BCV in a studio, the next night a studio at BWV, etc. I booked those rooms and waitlisted for one bedrooms at every resort. By the time the trip came, we had a one bedroom at OKW for the whole trip and didn't have to move once! :thumbsup2

We made a last minute(for us anyway) play to go in October. We made the reservations in July. Since we are going for a short trip and going to MNSSHP we wanted to stay at VWL. Our waitlist came through about a month ago.

Waitlist experiences will vary greatly depending upon things like:

* How far in advance you put yourself on the waitlist
* How many days you are waiting for
* The resorts you are seeking

If you just recently put yourself on the waitlist for Halloween, only 2 months out, I'd say the chances are slim. Those dates have been open to all members for 5+ months now and owners at each resort for 9+ months. There are probably dozens of people ahead of you on the waitlist for each resort.

My most recent experience was booking a Standard View 2B at the BoardWalk at 7 months. I got the first 4 nights and had to waitlist for the last night. Given the fact that I called as early as possible and was successful in getting the first few nights, I figured that even if I wasn't first on the waitlist, I was certainly very high. The final night came thru within 3 weeks.

just wondering about this myself.... we are waitlisted on a day for marathon weekend in January...any hope for a date like that? it's one night at OKW,a stay with a relative.....we have to leave for one night....I hope we don't have to after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter