Tell me everything you know about F&WF!

jerseygirl82

Mouseketeer
DH and I were in Disney last October but had no idea about the F&WF :confused3

We are now planning our first trip home to SSR next October and the F&WF is #1 on my list :banana:

However, I know next to nothing about the festival. That's where all my DIS'ers come in! Can you please tell me everything I need to know? Things I should definitely plan on doing, etc, etc? We will be there October 10th-15th next year. Thanks all!

Sorry, I'm usually not in any condition to remember stuff from F&W. I know I like the wine, beer and food and Eat to the Beat is awesome (probably because of the wine and beer). It's a huge blast. Reminds me a lot of NFL tailgate parties only a little more refined. The snacks are also awesome. The whole thing is great. Am I rambling -- I guess I am.....

Have you checked out allearsnet's info on F&Wf? AllEarsNet F&WF

I went to the F&WF for the first time and loved it. I didn't do any of the specual events. Instead, I just enjoyed the WS and eating at the various booths. I think that I tried at least 1 thing from each booth. Since there will be 2 of you, you may want to each buy something different at a booth and then share it.

At each booth, the items usually cost $3-5 each. They are fairly small. However, I found last year (solo) that after eating 4-5, I was full. So spending $20-25 to me is the equivalent of a meal. So personnally, I didn't think it was expensive when I realized how quickly I filled up.

This will be our 6th time going during the F&W. It is my favorite time to go along with the 1st or 2nd week of December. Christmas is also wonderful in WDW.
We will be there 11/3 - 11/10 and celebrating(???) my 50th birthday.
We graze around the lake in Epcot and just eat and sample our way.
I like it becasue it is more of an adult atmosphere.
Can't wait to go!!!
Enjoy....

Count us in on those who love F&WF! DH and I have been the last 3 or 4 years. The best tip is to try to eat around the world on weekdays if possible. The weekend nights get pretty crowded. :drinking1

Does anyone know of a place where we can check out the free demos (chef and wine) schedule before we arrive? Since I don't eat red meat, there are always a few days that I MUST plan to be at F&WF for the demos, and other days we might as well plan something else.

The only thing I can say is that after sampling many beers Soarin' is quite a fun ride! :drinking1

(Not that it isn't fun anyway of course)

On 10/19 if you see a blonde girl and a male friend giggling profusely in line for Soarin' that will probably be me & my F&WF buddy.

Most people do Food and Wine a little like a State Fair - there are a lot of booths and you snack your way around. There are also a number of special events - many are ticketed and book in advance. I'm not sure when the schedule comes out.

We go every other year during F&W and MNSSHP and dislike both of them - at least for the current family. It happens to be when the kids have off school, the weather is ideal, and the crowds are lower. F&W makes Epcot crowded and difficult to get around in, plus there is the drunk factor. When the kids are a little older it might be more fun (and I'm sure it is fun as a grown up trip - but those grown ups having fun are one of the reasons I dislike it with my kids).

Don't get the wrong idea - it isn't a rowdy drunkfest - there are just a few more grownups a little tipsier than makes it convienent for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter