Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Snow started around 12:30 this morning, fired up the snowblower at 3:30, probably about 5 inches. Couldn’t keep up with it. 7 miles south turned into sleet.
See what work has for me, may just go home and back to bed.

Weather Channel says it is -2 this morning.

Here is the lovely weather out my window. On my tree it is 0... much warmer than the official Weather Channel station. Still very white outside with more coming tomorrow.

20210216_062559_copy_2016x1134.jpg

By "on my tree", here is the outside thermometer just outside my living room window.

20210216_065838_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Last edited:
TN. 12 degrees now light snow. We lost several branches through the night and looks like more to come. High is suppose to be 23.
The neighbors big old tree is 3 big trunks coming from 1. If It comes down our fence is gonna go with it. It is drooping/leaning bad. Just glad it's not near his house. The one near our house is only 20 years old so hopefully it stays put. There will be some major trimming this spring.

Ya'll, we canceled school and work in my town for TWO days ..... for this:

20210216_070608.jpg

My apologies to Ronaldo, Teamubr, Mickeyfan, PTP, PaHunter, and you other folks in the great parts of this world that encounter big snows and know how to deal with it. I'm very embarrassed and the South deserves the jokes it receives.

By the way, it's 16F so they are saying stay off the bridges. Okay. snowmedic, can I borrow your snowblower?

Bama Ed

PS - warming trend coming up and a high of 61F on Sunday forecasted

Still on track for 51F hi, 21F low today with the frozen stuff coming. If I believe my weather app Wed night is 1-3" of mix precip followed by 5-8" of snow on Thursday.

I'm very embarrassed and the South deserves the jokes it receives.
Bless your pea picking heart? Having lived several years in the South, it's true there is some over reaction to colder weather, but the municipalities aren't equipped to handle it at all. When I lived in Bartlett, TN, the city had 2 plows. We got a 5" of snow one time and the kids were out of school almost 2 weeks because the plows couldn't get to the school parking lots. Similar experiences in Savannah too. We still love you guys.

-15 this morning. Supposed to get up to 9 today. Looks like little to no wind and no precip. Looks like this is the last day of negative temps in the forecast. Winter is loosening it's grip a bit finally.

That's pretty, Denise. I love the look of all the Winter scenes. If only it could be 75 degrees.

And without the tree damage.

j

:crazy2: I think you all are awesome! However, I can't take all these super cold reports with the ice and white stuff and snow blowers and such! I'll read but there just isn't any way to express how much I hate cold!!!!

We have about 3" so far and it's still coming down. They are saying another couple of inches before it's done. 3-6 total. Nothing like what others of you are dealing with, but the timing was rough. Roads for the AM school/commute time were pretty bad. What we really need is a bit of warmth and sun just to melt down a bit. We have rock solid snow berms everywhere, and my snow blower is just on the verge of not being able to get the snow up and over the piles at the edge of the drive!

I just got back in from clearing the drive and cleaning the roof of the rig. No clouds in the sky, no wind, and things are starting to melt. Now we're going to have fun with refrozen roads in the mornings for a few days. Good thing I'm teleworking until MON.

The fact that we are looking at a 30 degree swing from the high today to the low tonight. Is a bit extreme. The forecast keeps trending colder but if it starts with freezing rain and moves to snow it will get bad here. People barely can handle light rain on a good day.

The fact that we are looking at a 30 degree swing from the high today to the low tonight. Is a bit extreme. The forecast keeps trending colder but if it starts with freezing rain and moves to snow it will get bad here. People barely can handle light rain on a good day.
Another reason why I moved away from that area! I got to admit that Florida drivers are pretty bad, but nothing compared to DC area drivers with a dusting of snow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter