Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Looks like the bad storms will hit atlanta about 3 am. Unfortunately I am expecting Mallory won’t have anything to do with that. I might not be getting a lot of sleep tonight.

27 now, our high. Snowing like crazy since 6PM. We just hope the one tree that is leaning toward a power line doesn't fall. Everyone stay safe and warm.

Still no power, but at least we stayed at 33 degrees so above freezing. Trees down everywhere. Gotta head into work so I'll get the ladies set up on generator.

Low 40s expected today and back down in 20s tonight but at least no precipitation expected.

TN
We got a couple inches of snow last night and more to come today. So far no more trees or branches down but they are hanging LOW. 28 degrees. High of 34, maybe.
@tiggerdad, I sure am glad you have that generator.

Warmer this morning. 17 on the tree. 15 on the back deck. Still cold, but it is 10 degrees warmer at 0630 than the high for the day was earlier this week.

Despite the snow cutting off yesterday around noon, we got another inch or 2 overnight. The streets were clear yesterday afternoon.

I hope everyone without power is staying warm. It looks like this frigid spell is about to break.

20210218_063634_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Last edited:
26F and sleet. No snow here. Just heavy crunchy sleet. As long as it doesnt turn into freezing rain I am find with that. We have nowhere to be. The view from the door by my office.

@tiggerdad - hope your power resumes soon. Glad you have a generator to pick up the slack.

We are up to a balmy 24 right now. We might even pick up another degree or two. They are saying it will get a bit cooler again tomorrow and Saturday (but not nearly as bad as it has been), but then beginning Sunday (when we could get our next round of snow), we should be a bit more 'normal,' with highs running in the 30's each day.

@friendofeeyore I wish You were closer to us and we could help you out! Of course it is snowing right now again in Buda, so I am not sure how we could help!

we will be in the 40s tomorrow finally. First day above freezing all week.

Attachments

• 9546395A-4850-4C5F-8916-DA940B03F81D.jpeg
    9546395A-4850-4C5F-8916-DA940B03F81D.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 1C230A2F-2CEB-49FE-B453-B1346B2401AB.jpeg
    1C230A2F-2CEB-49FE-B453-B1346B2401AB.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3
rideswithchrist, Thank you for the offer! I now discovered I have water in the storage basement on the passenger side of our door. It is half full where the compartment you use to stand up bottles etc. I had gone outside to help my neighbor with her gray tank & saw ice icicles hanging under the RV. Not sure where the water came from. I do have water hoses inside under our long dresser. I pulled out one of the drawers & all is dry. I am guessing those are the connections to the washer & dryer. Until we turn the water back on & will not, until the hose to the ice maker is fixed, then maybe we can see what the heck happened. We have snow now & I believe by Friday evening this will be behind us. Again as I have said, prayers for all to stay warm & safe.

TN
17 degrees, suppose to hit 34. We have 6 inches total ice and snow. We have lived in this house for 23 years and have not had this much snow before. I'd say it's been 35 years since we had this much snow. But that came and went in a couple days. This is the longest span of time I have seen snow and cold since we moved here in 1980.

Looks like we are headed toward spring soon!

102_0754.JPG102_0756.JPG102_0757.JPG

Last edited:
We started out in single digits again this morning. It is supposed to get to the mid20s and sunny today. 14th day in a row where we haven't been above freezing. The news last night said we have had measurable snow 16 of the last 18 days. That is VERY rare around here. We typically get 4 or 5 snows a season and that is from November-March

It looks like that should be ending for a bit. We should finally get above freezing tomorrow, although not by much. I think 35 is the forecast high. Then a period of near normal highs. I think that is 48 right now.

j

The sun is coming back to us in central Alabama today and we are forecasted for a high of 46F today (53F Saturday and 58F Sunday).

Alabama opens its college baseball season today here at home. ⚾

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter