tent camping 101

Spirit Feather

-- Homeschool Mom -- U.S. Navy Wife (Ret.) World'
Hello all of you Disney Campers:

We are making our very first trip to WDW in April. We got a great rate at the Contemporary so we are staying there for our first WDW experience. Let me tell you, after reading all of the wonderful posts on the Camping at Disney board, I *almost* wish we were camping--I feel like I am missing out on something!

So, for our next trip to WDW (isn't it amazing, we've never been but are already planning our next trip!), we want to camp.

So, a few questions for future reference:

How big are the tent pads? or are there tent pads? Our tent is a big 18' x 13' and we have had a hard time in the past with certain campgrounds and their too small tent pads.

Are campfires permitted?

What is your favorite loop and why?

We tent camp. What kind of site do we need?

What is your favorite time of year to camp at WDW and why?

I am sure I have more questions, but these will do for now. Dinner is waiting!

Spirit Feather :sunny:

While you are staying at Contemporary take the boat to FW walk around and enjoy. Take the bus to the 1500 loop that is the loop I would recommend for tents,it is closest to meadows trading post and pool . The 1500 and 2000 loops have larger sand pads than most full hook sties. Open fires are not permitted but they do have charcoal grill to use.

The tent pads are packed sand and are quite large. Our tent is 10' x 8' with a small dome tent attached and we also set up a dining tent and had plenty of room. Depending on the time of year you go you may have to worry about rain. The pads drain quickly but I would recomend a large tarp to stretch over your tent as well.

The 1500 loop is great for tents. It is a small loop and very close to the pool and the meadows trading post. It is a partial hook up with electricity and water. I second the idea of taking the boat over to FW and checking it out.

I'll make sure we do get over there for a look-see. We are really hoping to go to the Campfire and Movie for our very first night at WDW.

We will be checking in around 3:00 or so and by the time the kids take a quick dip in the pool and we get the room settled we should have time to go over and look around.

Is there somewhere in FW where we can eat dinner before the campfire and movie?

:sunny:

The Trails End is a great place to eat at FW. It's very close to the Ferry at Pioneer Hall. If there's a wait for dinner, the kids can go on the playground close by or to the petting zoo next doo.

You'll fall in love with FW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter