The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

. . . DW has expressed an interest in New England in the fall. So that is also a destination to consider.

Bama Ed

PS - Would like to head back to Europe again or visit the Holy Land some day. But I can't tow my camper that far.

Bama-Ed:
New England . . .
1. From personal experience, NE in fall is crowded.
2. Lots of folks want to see the fantastic seasonal colors.
3. If you go, GET RESSIES for a stay nights, first.
4. Without a ressie, finding a night space could be tough.

Europe . . .
5. Europe Camping is possible.
. . . you could rent a Caravan
. . . In UK and Europe, campers are called caravans.
. . . You can rent motorized or a tow vehicle and unit
. . . You can easily rent them in England
. . . Then , take the Chunnel to the continent
. . . I ran a plant in Wales and rented caravans twice

BTW, ran into a bind with DW today, I introduced her as my ex-girlfriend of 32 years, she's not appreciative of my quick wit and stand up quality humor
I had similar trouble, @team bradfield, when I introduced DW as "my first wife" (and she's the only wife I've ever had). Did not go over well.
Wow! When you guys step in it, you really step in it.

I've said my fair share of stupid things, but in 40+ years of being together, I don't think I ever did either of those. :flower3:

j

Bama-Ed:
New England . . .
3. If you go, GET RESSIES for a stay nights, first.

I RARELY/NEVER travel without a reservation, Rusty, even if it's only made the night before and costs an arm and a leg.

5. Europe Camping is possible.
. . . you could rent a Caravan
. . . Then , take the Chunnel to the continent

I would want to do Eastern Europe on a future trip (Austria, Poland, Czech, Slovakia) as my namesake roots are in that area. And as I am unfamiliar with the languages in that area, I'm not willing to strike out and travel in a rented caravan.

As for the Chunnel, though, I leave the driving to the good men and women at Eurostar (train). Six years ago, blowing through the countryside at nearly 200 mph, we enjoyed a fine picnic lunch of smoked salmon, cheese, fresh fruit, small crusty loaf, and bubbly which were all hand-selected by yours truly in the food markets around St Pancras-London station.

And at that speed, I was willing to let someone else clean the bugs off the windshield when we got into Gare du Nord in Paris.

Which left me plenty of energy to stand on Main Street USA in Disneyland Paris.

But this is @tiggerdad's thread and I envy his big journey that he and Randy are planning next summer with all their sights and overnight stops. I just don't envy that tow back home (about 1800 miles in 3 days).

Ed

Last edited:
I can get us a pontoon boat. Y'all come up here, if there's sharks we'll find em.
(I can't believe I just said Y'all)

I gotcha some Bubba teeth

get ahold of yourself man, we yankees don't y'all

Apparently you do. I have an extra set of Bubba teeth...

Seriously guys does not take much to jump to y'all. i did it too.

See? I bet she'sgot a pair of Bubba teeth.

Was your autocorrect language set to "Bubba"?

j

Likely "Bufford", which is just common terms

Bubba is like the advanced dictionary that even some of us lifelong southern folks can't understand.

I RARELY/NEVER travel without a reservation, Rusty, even if it's only made the night before and costs an arm and a leg.

I would want to do Eastern Europe on a future trip (Austria, Poland, Czech, Slovakia) as my namesake roots are in that area. And as I am unfamiliar with the languages in that area, I'm not willing to strike out and travel in a rented caravan.

As for the Chunnel, though, I leave the driving to the good men and women at Eurostar (train). Six years ago, blowing through the countryside at nearly 200 mph, we enjoyed a fine picnic lunch of smoked salmon, cheese, fresh fruit, small crusty loaf, and bubbly which were all hand-selected by yours truly in the food markets around St Pancras-London station.

And at that speed, I was willing to let someone else clean the bugs of the windshield when we got into Gare du Nord in Paris.

But this is @tiggerdad's thread and I envy his big journey that he and Randy are planning next summer with all their sights and overnight stops. I just don't envy that tow back home (about 1800 miles in 3 days).

Ed
You kidding? Having you and TRS discussing something on my thread is an honor.

And at that speed, I was willing to let someone else clean the bugs off the windshield when we got into Gare du Nord in Paris.

Ed

GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT.
1, I ran a manufacturing plant in Pontarlier, France.
2. We did DLP on five weekends over three years.
3. Thought it was "Nice", but not great.
4. After first time, we used it for plant or company VIPs.
5. There are several U.S.A. amusement parks better.

If you were a fan of original then yes, I recommend. Everyone knows an original in a movie series is always best, Pirates of Carribean for instance, but this movie is not badly done. It's trying to pass the story on to a new generation.

PS- don't get up and leave when credits start.
PPS- don't get up and leave when you see first credits scene...stay til the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter