The DIS Dad's Club XII: Oh... There You Are Perry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spill it Barry! :goodvibes
But if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, would it?:confused3

Ok, don't make us tie you to a chair and have Chuck Norris dangle cheeseballs just out of reach:lmao:
Mmmm...dangling cheeseballs....

your pregnant?

come on. i thought so, from the pics on your trip report, i thought you were starting to show.:rotfl2:

Hey now, I just happen to be carrying a little winter weight. In August.

What's that? A new thread?? They tell me I've been on the net too much at work lately and you guys go and close Perry down, drat or um peanut buttering Beverly....nice work:thumbsup2. How I'm I supposed plan my trip and then re-plan and plan again?

So the stress of DS entering the world has set in... I'm normally pretty good with stress, but for some reason, getting ready for baby #2, and our first boy, has done a number to my psyche. He's not due for another 2 1/2 weeks, but the Doc told us he expects the baby to come early. I don't know if it's the uncertainty or what, but I'm struggling to handle.

Any tips from the seasoned vetrans out there? All comments are appreciated (including random Admiral Ackbar pictures ;)).

It's nice to have a place to come and unload this. Thanks guys.

So the stress of DS entering the world has set in... I'm normally pretty good with stress, but for some reason, getting ready for baby #2, and our first boy, has done a number to my psyche. He's not due for another 2 1/2 weeks, but the Doc told us he expects the baby to come early. I don't know if it's the uncertainty or what, but I'm struggling to handle.

Any tips from the seasoned vetrans out there? All comments are appreciated (including random Admiral Ackbar pictures ;)).

The only thing you have to do is make sure the nursery is done by the time they get home:eek: I was finished the day before they got home:banana:, but it seemed like it was the biggest thing my wife was worried about:confused3

Wow, I really fell behind in the last thread...I guess actually having a job kinda restricts my laziness.:lmao:

So does anyone know if there are any Disney World specials coming up anytime soon?

Sorry, Should have asked it this way.

Does anyone know of any Disney World TV specials coming up anytime soon.

....Yeah the tv probably makes a difference.:sad2:

One nice bit of advice we got when we had our second was to buy a handful of small gifts/toys for your older child and keep them in a closet or something. You can expect lots of people to stop by to see the new baby and bring him some gifts. Not everyone will also bring something for your daughter. Grabbing something from the gift closet can go a long way to prevent feelings of jealousy toward your son.

Oh, and watch out when you're changing diapers. As soon as the air hits his thingy, it's going to go off like a fire hose.

So does anyone know if there are any Disney World specials coming up anytime soon?
I'll be there for a day before my cruise in October. That's pretty special. :thumbsup2

Oh. Well, I guess I could film it and try to put it on some kind of public access cable channel or something for you. :confused3:rotfl:

One nice bit of advice we got when we had our second was to buy a handful of small gifts/toys for your older child and keep them in a closet or something. You can expect lots of people to stop by to see the new baby and bring him some gifts. Not everyone will also bring something for your daughter. Grabbing something from the gift closet can go a long way to prevent feelings of jealousy toward your son.

Oh, and watch out when you're changing diapers. As soon as the air hits his thingy, it's going to go off like a fire hose.

Oh. Well, I guess I could film it and try to put it on some kind of public access cable channel or something for you. :confused3:rotfl:

Coff Youtube Coff

I have to agree with Rafiki, extra gifts for the sibling is the way to go. We also had Ashlea help with Abigail, even if it was just handing the diapers and wipes to whomever was changing the baby.

Abigail was almost 4 weeks early, we had just packed Mom's bag about 2 days before the EVENT. I had to run to walmart at 230 in the morning to buy diapers and wipes.

If people bring diapers, ask that they get 3-6 months as well, not just newborn, same with clothes. That way your not stuck with nothing when the little one grows!

Hope this helps.

Matt

It's a heavy load of responsibility, and sometimes it seems it's all on you. You gotta be strong for both your children, and you wife. Don't let 'em see you crumble. The baby is coming whether you are ready or not. It's a big life changer but they are depending on you to be strong. Just start planning babies first trip to WDW.

Oh, and congrats...

Ummmmmmm, do you like watching food? That's also free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter