The DIS Dad's Club XII: Oh... There You Are Perry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Guys,

Thank you for the congrats on closing down XI. It was fun, and thanks to everybody who joined in and helped!

bellasleia.jpg

I can't believe we posted over 50 pages in two days
I know, that was one of the weakest thread closings I've ever seen.:rolleyes1

your pregnant?
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

So the stress of DS entering the world has set in... I'm normally pretty good with stress, but for some reason, getting ready for baby #2, and our first boy, has done a number to my psyche. He's not due for another 2 1/2 weeks, but the Doc told us he expects the baby to come early. I don't know if it's the uncertainty or what, but I'm struggling to handle.

Any tips from the seasoned vetrans out there?
We only have 1, so I don't have much to add on the advice for the second one, but I just want to say good luck! I hope everything goes well with the delivery and you and your wife have a healthy baby boy!:thumbsup2

All comments are appreciated (including random Admiral Ackbar pictures ;)).
It's nice to have a place to come and unload this. Thanks guys.
its-a-trap-admiral-ackbar-finger-trap-demotivational-poster-1275086057.jpg

(pssst. I have a secret :goodvibes)

I know what it is! :cool2:

your pregnant?

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

So the stress of DS entering the world has set in... I'm normally pretty good with stress, but for some reason, getting ready for baby #2, and our first boy, has done a number to my psyche. He's not due for another 2 1/2 weeks, but the Doc told us he expects the baby to come early. I don't know if it's the uncertainty or what, but I'm struggling to handle.

Any tips from the seasoned vetrans out there? All comments are appreciated (including random Admiral Ackbar pictures ;)).

It's nice to have a place to come and unload this. Thanks guys.

First of all, you're not going through anything that others haven't done before you. Most people are happy to lend a hand when needed...so don't be too proud to ask.

For those first couple of months, you'll be exhausted. You won't be able to rest when the baby is napping, because your daughter will need attention. So it'll be a long couple of months...but know that this, too, shall pass.

You'll make it. You can absolutely handle it. And it will be worth it, trust me.

We only have 1, so I don't have much to add on the advice for the second one, but I just want to say good luck! I hope everything goes well with the delivery and you and your wife have a healthy baby boy!:thumbsup2

So in other words, you just want to say good luck...we're all counting on you. :rotfl2:

Oh, and watch out when you're changing diapers. As soon as the air hits his thingy, it's going to go off like a fire hose.

Now you leave this piece of info? You never let me know this. I have had to find out for myself. :sad2: :headache::headache:

I only had 10 posts in all of DDC XI... SAD!:rolleyes:

Congratulations Barry (and Bambi)! I guess we're gonna have to send some more Delaware shirts your way.

Morning fellas.

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice, its really appreciated. Making sure that DD is involved and having some gifts for her too is a tremendous idea. Not knowing when this is all going down is the toughest thing I think. Like they say, the waiting is the hardest part!!! :thumbsup2

Oh, and the picture of Kristin Bell as Leia would have made my morning if the picture Admiral Ackbar didn't trump it! :thumbsup2 Great stuff.

Thanks again guys.

Sorry, Should have asked it this way.

Does anyone know of any Disney World TV specials coming up anytime soon.

....Yeah the tv probably makes a difference.:sad2:

If you have access to Netflix Instant Streaming, they have several of the Disney Parks videos available. My son loves watching them.

OK Guys....I finally was able to get a deal on airfare for my trip next spring.... $210 Round trip non-stop on Spirit Airlines! (Before baggage)

Am I to understand this correctly....when it comes to Magical Express, I can get luggage tags for the way down and my luggage will arrive safely, but I'll have to carry my own luggage back to MCO on the way back since Spirit is not a "participating" airline for resort check-in?

OK Guys....I finally was able to get a deal on airfare for my trip next spring.... $210 Round trip non-stop on Spirit Airlines! (Before baggage)

Am I to understand this correctly....when it comes to Magical Express, I can get luggage tags for the way down and my luggage will arrive safely, but I'll have to carry my own luggage back to MCO on the way back since Spirit is not a "participating" airline for resort check-in?

Yes, that is correct. Magic Express will handle everything for you going down. You just put your tags on, check in at your home airport and they will appear at your hotel (about 2-3 hours after you do). Bell services will bring them up automatically (if you ask)

Going home, you can still take the Magic Express, but they store the bags with you in the bus, and you need to carry them yourself from the bus to the check-in counter. They make it very easy either way.

Lots of news today!

Don't worry too much, Paul. It is very natural to be anxious. I'm sure you're putting your all into it and that's what counts!

Congrats, Barry and Bambi! So happy for you all! :cool1: Did you break it to the kids yet? If so, how are they taking it?

And big news from my family as well. My brother and his wife had their baby, a boy, Charles Morgan! Yes, it is the same as the whaling ship here in CT, but as I told my DW, we named our first two children Jack and Daniel so who are we to talk? The baby has been in the NICU for a day for low glucose and ruling out an infection (he has an IV for fluids and antibiotics, but fortunately did not need a spinal tap), so that's been stressful for them, but they're doing better today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter