The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

I need to make sure I understand making a Genie+ reservation correctly. I can't "practice" this part because I'm not in the parks yet and I haven't visited since Genie+ came around. Let's say I choose a time for 2:00pm. Does that mean my window is from 1:55-2:15? Or does it work like FastPass+ did and the window is from 1:55-3:15?

I need to make sure I understand making a Genie+ reservation correctly. I can't "practice" this part because I'm not in the parks yet and I haven't visited since Genie+ came around. Let's say I choose a time for 2:00pm. Does that mean my window is from 1:55-2:15? Or does it work like FastPass+ did and the window is from 1:55-3:15?
In your example, it works like fast pass did with the hour long window, plus 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after.

Please note that you don't choose a time with G+. The app will show one specific time offered and you take it or you don't. Occasionally, it'll say one time and give you a later time because someone else booked it before your request was processed.

With the paid ILL$ (individual lightning lane purchase - 1 in each park), the app will show a variety of times and you may choose from those.

Please note that you don't choose a time with G+. The app will show one specific time offered and you take it or you don't. Occasionally, it'll say one time and give you a later time because someone else booked it before your request was processed.

With the paid ILL$ (individual lightning lane purchase - 1 in each park), the app will show a variety of times and you may choose from those.
Yes, I get that. Perhaps I used the word "choose" incorrectly. I just did not know how long the window for each time is.

*knock*knock* Is this thread still active?

I'm getting a bit concerned about our 3 day trip in November (park days 10,11, 12). We have G+ for all days already and will be buying ILL$s each day (we are traveling with 2 adult DS + SOs).

On our AK/EP day, I'm trying to figure out order of operations at 7am. I want to purchase ILL$ for GotG and FOP. I'd also like to try to get Remy. Is this even doable? If so, what order is best to try. We'll be doing AK in the morning and hop to EP (probably with short break). I'd love to G+ Everest, but I think there's no way to delay Remy.

I'm getting a bit concerned about our 3 day trip in November (park days 10,11, 12). We have G+ for all days already and will be buying ILL$s each day (we are traveling with 2 adult DS + SOs).

On our AK/EP day, I'm trying to figure out order of operations at 7am. I want to purchase ILL$ for GotG and FOP. I'd also like to try to get Remy. Is this even doable? If so, what order is best to try. We'll be doing AK in the morning and hop to EP (probably with short break). I'd love to G+ Everest, but I think there's no way to delay Remy.
This is all definitely doable. Both of those ILL's will be available for quite a while at 7am and therefore the order you book doesn't matter. Remy is a Genie+ ride, but assuming you are park hopping to Epcot, you won't be able to book it until return times reach 2pm. So you'll just keep checking return times until they do and then book it.

This is all definitely doable. Both of those ILL's will be available for quite a while at 7am and therefore the order you book doesn't matter. Remy is a Genie+ ride, but assuming you are park hopping to Epcot, you won't be able to book it until return times reach 2pm. So you'll just keep checking return times until they do and then book it.

Ok thanks! And thanks for that reminder about the "wait for post PH times" in G+, keep forgetting.

Remy is now a Genie+ ride. I’m seeing it’s already sold out.

If you’re staying at a deluxe resort you get a third VQ try for GOTG at 6 pm on an extended evening hour day only (Mondays)

3C2233D8-9341-42CB-AC73-118FB1E41EE0.jpeg

Remy is now a Genie+ ride. I’m seeing it’s already sold out.

If you’re staying at a deluxe resort you get a third VQ try for GOTG at 6 pm on an extended evening hour day only (Mondays)

View attachment 709991
Based on this it looks like you should probably try to book Remy first thing at 7am. If returns times are before 2pm, it won't let you book yet but just keep trying until it goes through. Then move on to buying FOP and GotG. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

On the VQ front. Since we're hopping to EP, we won't be in park at 1pm. So can I grab a VQ at 7am and if so what are the odds of having a BG called after 2pm? We're willing to buy the ILL, but figured it doesn't hurt to try for the VQ too.

On the VQ front. Since we're hopping to EP, we won't be in park at 1pm. So can I grab a VQ at 7am and if so what are the odds of having a BG called after 2pm? We're willing to buy the ILL, but figured it doesn't hurt to try for the VQ too.
So far reports are that no one has been turned away for showing up late for their VQ. Even showing up hours after it's called, but I don't think you can enter the VQ if your park reservation is not for Epcot.

So far reports are that no one has been turned away for showing up late for their VQ. Even showing up hours after it's called, but I don't think you can enter the VQ if your park reservation is not for Epcot.

Ok that makes sense actually! Thanks.

We have 3 park days and are doing HS + MVMCP on day 1, AK/EP day 2, and as of now have HS for Day 3 (with an Oga's reservation for 6:45pm). We've been going back and forth about what park reservation that day should be. Going with 4 young adults who haven't been to WDW since they were tweens makes it hard to guess what they'd want to revisit the most. And based on last year, that Saturday will fill in some parks.

Based on this it looks like you should probably try to book Remy first thing at 7am. If returns times are before 2pm, it won't let you book yet but just keep trying until it goes through. Then move on to buying FOP and GotG. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I would agree with that.

Remy and Slinky are very similar in how fast they sell out. We rope-dropped Remy this past week, but can report experience booking Slinky LL for our Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios parkhop day.

Right at 7:00, I tried for Slinky and got message that indicated that LL time was too soon. Backed out and tried again and then it showed LL for 5:30 which conflicted with a dinner reservation. So I played the refresh game for a while and then a 3:30 popped up, which we successfully grabbed.

I would agree with that.

Remy and Slinky are very similar in how fast they sell out. We rope-dropped Remy this past week, but can report experience booking Slinky LL for our Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios parkhop day.

Right at 7:00, I tried for Slinky and got message that indicated that LL time was too soon. Backed out and tried again and then it showed LL for 5:30 which conflicted with a dinner reservation. So I played the refresh game for a while and then a 3:30 popped up, which we successfully grabbed.

Great thanks!

I'll have to do this for HS on our arrival day since we won't be in the park until 1:30 or 2:00 (airlines willing). We're trying to decide between aiming for SDD or MFSM as our "target". We've only got 3-4 hours at HS before heading to MK so it has to be a sweet spot.

Has anyone successfully used MDE on a plane? The next "grab" time for us will be 10:30am (park opening at 8:30) and we will for sure be in the air. It's Delta. I flew Delta last week and even the messaging wouldn't work. I wonder if I need to pay for upgraded wifi? I mean, I'm paying all this money for tickets, G+, ILL, MVMCP -- what's another few $$ to get WiFi for reserving a LL! LOL.

Great thanks!

I'll have to do this for HS on our arrival day since we won't be in the park until 1:30 or 2:00 (airlines willing). We're trying to decide between aiming for SDD or MFSM as our "target". We've only got 3-4 hours at HS before heading to MK so it has to be a sweet spot.

Has anyone successfully used MDE on a plane? The next "grab" time for us will be 10:30am (park opening at 8:30) and we will for sure be in the air. It's Delta. I flew Delta last week and even the messaging wouldn't work. I wonder if I need to pay for upgraded wifi? I mean, I'm paying all this money for tickets, G+, ILL, MVMCP -- what's another few $$ to get WiFi for reserving a LL! LOL.
I was able to book Frozen by super refreshing before we were told to turn our phones to airplane mode. This was during Spring break. It took me over an hour and I saw Frozen pop up 3-4 times and clicked it but I wasn’t fast enough. Keep trying.

I would book SDD as MFSR has a single rider (age 7+ can ride single)

We did get WiFi for entertainment (2.5 year old wearing mask) and it froze multiple times. Honestly it wouldn’t be worth the stress. Can you have a trusted family member book it while you’re in the air?

For us, the flight doesn't leave until 9:40am, so I'll be able to do all the 7am stuff fine. It's the 10:30am stuff where we will for sure be in flight (until they changed park opening I was afraid I'd miss the 11am grab because we'd be descending and WiFi might be off). If the flight is on time, it would land around 11:20am, so I'd be almost an hour later than everyone else (who didn't have an earlier return time and already grabbed their 2nd LL).

The first time I did the 7am grab at an airport I was literally in line (SW) for a 7:25am flight and I managed the 2 ILLs (at the time) and MFSR just as I'd wanted. When I got done and did a "YES" with a fist pump the lady behind me broke out laughing.

Great thanks!

SDD will be the only ride with a post-2:00 LL time by 8:30, so it will have to be your first grab if you want your second grab to be at 10:30.

I was able to book Frozen by super refreshing before we were told to turn our phones to airplane mode. This was during Spring break. It took me over an hour and I saw Frozen pop up 3-4 times and clicked it but I wasn’t fast enough. Keep trying.

I would book SDD as MFSR has a single rider (age 7+ can ride single)

We did get WiFi for entertainment (2.5 year old wearing mask) and it froze multiple times. Honestly it wouldn’t be worth the stress. Can you have a trusted family member book it while you’re in the air?

We're a traveling party of 6 (my adult kids plus wife/gf) so maybe I'd have my sister do it (if she doesn't have something more important). And since we're a party of 6, we really want to all ride together!

SDD will be the only ride with a post-2:00 LL time by 8:30, so it will have to be your first grab if you want your second grab to be at 10:30.

That's what I was wondering. And this would apply even on the Thursday of "jersey week" (which I just recently learned was a thing). Will have to make a quick decision because I know SDD will evaporate and then I'll be stuck.

This is all so ridiculous, it just makes me laugh! Pay for this and that, but still have to come up with a if-then-else strategy to deploy when it's go time!

Thanks for all the thoughts/help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter