The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

Hmmm...

I don't know Randy, I'm thinking Little Bear Loop in the 1400 myself.

Well, we got the recital done yesterday. Only 5 hours this year.

Anyway, my wife has had me on horticulture duty this morning...

Anybody?

Oh well, joke wasted.

I got her plants taken care of so hopefully this week I'll be able to get started on resealing the camper each day before work.

Last edited:
Michael with all the poop tries I am expecting this fall (I plant them in the foxholes the 2 pups keep digging to get them to stop before they reach China) I ban bring a few and pass them off to Bama Ed for you.. The wife didn't make you bury your tutu did she.

Ed I am sure we can raise some sort of bribe for the pictures

No, the tutu is safe and sound in my closet right next to my gun cabinet (I figure if I put it on the burglar will be momentarily confused enough to allow me to get the first shot).

ace-ventura-hut-hut-o.gif

Officer I did warn him I had a gun You can't hold me responsible he was too stupid to figure it out after I shot him

So this weekend I've been camper shopping, drove over to Louisiana yesterday visited 3 big dealer, found a couple of 5ers I really like but I wanna do some more looking/research before I pull the trigger on something, I did see Tiggerdad's next camper and tow vehicle...
20170506_151343_zpsookud7wo.jpg

Only $375,000! For this setup. :eek: A 53 ft 5er and International truck. Idk about y'all but I'm ready to watch him back into his site at GSP and maybe the 300 loop at the Fort! :rotfl2:

Randy,

I think Mrs. tiggerdad doesn't want something too small.... :rolleyes1 Keep looking for your next trailer and next time pass any referrals for big ones on to t-dad.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Hey, Randy told me on the phone that he rode down to GSP today and looked around and that there was now a wooden bike / jogging path from the small parking lot at the entrance of Park Road 2 that leads over the area where the zip lines used to be! Man, this sounds pretty cool.

Oh Ed, my wife needs no encouragement. It always gets that "move to a bigger rig" vibe when she gets around Randy or Jim. I'm hoping parking across from you this year might have the effect of "maybe our camper is fine".

That looks like a HUMONGOUS site, Teamubr.

It's looking wet but you have:

- a big awning
- a satellite dish (to watch all the Bama players drafted into the NFL)
- not a worry until it's time to go home.

Here's hoping the weather is not as wet at Gulf SP next month!

Bama Ed

Sadly, Bama had fewer players drafted than my Wolverines who led all colleges, and had a player drafted for the 79th consecutive year.

Sadly, Bama had fewer players drafted than my Wolverines who led all colleges, and had a player drafted for the 79th consecutive year.

And with all that talent on Michigan, they managed to finish third in the Big Ten Western Division. I guess they underachieved last year.

We Bama fans know how that is - we underachieved this past year too. We were leading in the National Championship game with one minute to go. And lost. Our best wasn't good enough versus Clemson. I was there.

That first game of this coming season with Michigan and Florida should be a good one.

Bama Ed

Nick Saban meets with the President to get congratulated on another national championship every few years

Jim Harbaugh travels halfway around the world to get the Pope to say a prayer for his Wolverines to win a title

Oh well, all in good fun. I'm sure the Pope liked his helmet.

Hey, Randy told me on the phone that he rode down to GSP today and looked around and that there was now a wooden bike / jogging path from the small parking lot at the entrance of Park Road 2 that leads over the area where the zip lines used to be! Man, this sounds pretty cool.

Oh Ed, my wife needs no encouragement. It always gets that "move to a bigger rig" vibe when she gets around Randy or Jim. I'm hoping parking across from you this year might have the effect of "maybe our camper is fine".

IIRC the plans were for paved trails or wooden deck trails over toward Lake Shelby (correct, where the zip line was) with future plans for around the lake and a pedestrian bridge over the beach highway to the space between the GSP fishing pier and the hotel/conference center under construction. They sure are spending a lot of money on this project and delivering a lot with it.

I bet Randy had a beautiful day over there.

Bama Ed

IIRC the plans were for paved trails or wooden deck trails over toward Lake Shelby (correct, where the zip line was) with future plans for around the lake and a pedestrian bridge over the beach highway to the space between the GSP fishing pier and the hotel/conference center under construction. They sure are spending a lot of money on this project and delivering a lot with it.

I bet Randy had a beautiful day over there.

Bama Ed

Delivering is correct my friend. I'm liking it so far and appreciate how they are doing a lot for those of us trying to bike / walk / jog our way around a crowded place like the beach.

DW was looking over my shoulder on post #228 and said I sounded whiny. Guess I still haven't gotten over the Clemson loss. My apologies to the Michigan Wolverines for getting them caught up in SEC-ACC emotions.

Meanwhile for Gulf, the weather forecast 3 weeks out (fwiw) looks good. Hope it holds.

Looks like we will be coming in on Saturday.

Bama Ed

DW was looking over my shoulder on post #228 and said I sounded whiny. Guess I still haven't gotten over the Clemson loss. My apologies to the Michigan Wolverines for getting them caught up in SEC-ACC emotions.

Meanwhile for Gulf, the weather forecast 3 weeks out (fwiw) looks good. Hope it holds.

Looks like we will be coming in on Saturday.

Bama Ed

Currently trying to talk the DW into camping at GSP next Memorial Day. May take a week, but think I can bring her around.

Keep working on her Part. Hey, let her know Ed will be there, maybe that will help. Don't mention me, that usually leads to cancellations.

Ed, I'll do what I can to encourage the occupiers of site 4 to leave early.

Just an FYI, on the Fandango app the tickets for Pirates of the Carribean just went on sale. I'm probably going to snag the 7:00 pm time on the regular movie. My youngest hasn't decided she likes 3D movies yet.

Screenshot_2017-05-08-15-15-49.png

Keep working on her Part. Hey, let her know Ed will be there, maybe that will help. Don't mention me, that usually leads to cancellations.

Ed, I'll do what I can to encourage the occupiers of site 4 to leave early.

I would think that PaHunter would be best served by letting his DW talk on the phone with some of the more "seasoned citizens" like Teamubr, Flametamr, or myself. Personally I would recommend one of those guys besides myself. Given their professions, they probably have that soothing, calming tone of voice they can use when they want to. We don't want to make it sound like she and Chris are coming to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and a couple nights on Bourbon Street - (been there, done that, stories I could tell, but I'm over it) - instead we want to make it sound like she is bring him to a wholesome, fun, innocent good time with friends who have common bonds (although I will have to ask the Sargent At Arms to overlook PaHunter's Michigan affiliation) in a lovely relaxed setting on the Redneck Riviera.

Chris/PaHunter, it's only a reservation. Get online and make it then you can always cancel if your DW goes Bama-Ed-DW crazy (been happening lately). I will personally make sure that Michael & Stacey, Randy, Nic, Joe, Bert & Kris (well, I'll try with Kris - you know how she starts to talk when she gets on her soapbox), Jim & Donna, Lisa & Ed (he's the most harmless, innocent one of the bunch - a candidate for the seminary he is :rolleyes:) behave this go-around and demonstrate that we are worthy of her presence.

Oh, and Michael, with regards to the occupiers of site #4:

Actually/Technically/Metaphorically/Existentially - my GSP reservation starts Sunday May 21 and is two weeks in length. So I've arranged to bring the Aliner down that Sunday and set it up and turn around and go home same day (like Brer Randy, I will get a lunch in Gulf Shores out of it though). My parents (you met them during a past tailgate) are going to use it for a couple days and are excited about it. They might still be there when you arrive with all your girls. So I ain't gonna kick Mom & Dad to the curb. Be on your P's and Q's while they're there, will you? :teacher:

Don't make me call Stacey's direct number now.... :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

Oh cool! I like Mr. D. Hopefully I'll get to see them. I certainly won't run them off.

Now hang on a minute, am I to believe that you still have Stacey's number from that goof-up when I left my phone in the truck before the Alabama game? Look man, I told her a while back that under no circumstances was she to believe anything that she hears from the folks on the boards if they are talking about me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter