The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

Same thing happened when we were out on the pier. Guy fought a Jack for 15 minutes only to have everything below the fills chopped off as he was lifting it from the water. Pretty impressive actually. You didn't see too many sharks in the water, but if you watched long enough you would see a few.

j

ED great article How to say after reading it all I have a few ideas on the subject
1 The previously scheduled Midnight Chunky Dunking or for those more qualified Skinny Dipping might need to opened up to the weaker swimmers not just the strongest
2 Fishing Pig Frank has his work cut out for him

Again, I refer all of you to my previous post about us going deep sea fishing.

Dang, I gotta get Frank away from work and down here with us.

Again, I refer all of you to my previous post about us going deep sea fishing.

Dang, I gotta get Frank away from work and down here with us.
This mandatory 6 weeks at the beginning and 6 weeks at the end of summer is really cutting into our camping.

Folks,

Just a heads up to let you know that the Alabama State Park system on-line booking tool is showing availability into 2018. Now is the time to book for the DISMeet #3 in May 2018. You can even select your campsite (hey - if my poor little state can make this work, why can't Disney?). Here is the reservation link:

https://guestrez.megahotel.com/Campground/Home/Index/P3R22

(be forewarned it loads the available campsite map slowly so be patient - it works).

Here is the general link for the state park:

http://www.alapark.com/gulf-state-park

The area to scope out is on Live Oak or Sumac Roads sites 1-30 and 60-70 and thereabouts. On Live Oak, the sites on the lake have few/no trees but late May is not hot and it's a beautiful view. Across the road on Live Oak are large trees that will provide afternoon shade. Sumac puts you off the water and it's nice. There is an excellent Comfort Station between sites 60 and 18.

The time frame is around May 24, 2018 (Thursday) to about June 3, 2018 (Sunday). Notice I said "around" and "about". Come when you can, stay as long as you like, and relax all you need to. It's just a reservation - you can always cancel it. Also not everyone from #1 or #2 may be there for #3 as things change over time but whoever wants to come can come.

So for those of you who couldn't make it for DISMeet #2, here is your chance to plan for #3. Plenty of availability at this point in time. Make sure once your credit card is charged one night's fee for the deposit, when it lists all your days with your reservation number at the top of the screen, print that page for your records.

I'm booked into site #4 again for 2018 and enjoy meeting DIS'sers and putting faces with screen names. Here's hoping I can meet you.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I was able to grab the 24th on my site as well since the prior occupants cancelled. This allows me to be able to come in a day earlier if I can get everything together and if not I'll be able to roll in early Thursday morning and not have to worry about the prior occupants getting off the site.

giphy.gif

Okay since I opened my big mouth I feel I owe everyone an update. In the past week I missed out on purchasing two different trucks almost identical. Both sold before I could make a deal. It was probably for the best because on Friday I was notified that the Sheriff passed on hiring me so I'm back to looking for work again. This past weekend I ran my first Disney race the Star Wars 10K. I survived the race and finished in a fair time 1.46.33. I had fun and might do it again some day if things line up.

Okay since I opened my big mouth I feel I owe everyone an update.
Congrats on the race. Condolences on the job. I have several friends in law enforcement. That seems to be a field that is slow to fill positions. The City of St Louis has badly needed new officers for awhile, but they claim they haven't had funding to get new recruits through the academy. We just passed a tax increase for them, so they are hiring 250 something cops, but they said that is only enough for a year or 2.

j

Well I'm for booked for DISmeet #3 in 2018, it's odd feeling booking a campsite without owning a camper but hopefully that will change soon. I booked site 20 on Live Oak right next to dear oh Tiggerdad, My dates are Friday, May 25, 2018 to June 3rd.

Looking forward to both of theses up coming trips and I'm hoping to sneak in a trip to the Fort between DISmeets.

Randy,

If you fail to bring Moon Pies this year you're in big trouble. I'll have you know neither of my girls would glance at a Moon Pie until you brought that case up here now they're moonpieaholics.

I guess next they'll be asking for RC Cola.

On a side note I've begun my prep for the trip. The cover is removed and I opened it up to air out today. I ordered some caulk and other supplies as the girl is 5 y/o this year and the roof and corner seals are due for resealing and maintenance.

Times a ticking folks. One month to go.

If you fail to bring Moon Pies this year you're in big trouble. I'll have you know neither of my girls would glance at a Moon Pie until you brought that case up here now they're moonpieaholics.

It's a done deal Michael, which favor did they seem to like the most?

Ed, I might be parked by Tiggerdad, but I'm sure the party is going to be at site #4!

Also I'm going check on a crawfish boil/shrimp boil I read where Jim asked about it.

I got called back to work 3 days early so I didn't not have a chance to get anything together for GSP, I'm due to get home the day before check in so it will be a long night getting stuff ready.

Moonpies?

That brings back memories. I haven't had one in years. The girls may be missing one or ten. :D

We are getting ready for GSP too. We are out testing the rain capability of the camper this weekend. We had a trip booked at a small lake in central Illinois this weekend. The weather kept looking worse and worse, but our friends that are joining us said we could sit under the awning and watch it rain on the lake. So, here we're are. Forecast is for 5-7 inches of rain by Monday and there are flash flood warning signs south of here.

I figure camping at a lake in the rain is still better than sitting at home watching it rain.

j

Here's the wet and wonderful. These are normally great sites. Right on the water, full hookups and $24/ night. This weekend? Well, it makes for good wet weather testing.

20170429_092750-1328x746_zps1n6zy1zd.jpg~original

20170429_092648-1328x707_zpsrr0x2nds.jpg~original

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter