The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

I bet you drop that picture around quite a bit. I know I would...

I too would share my picture from the National Championship game that I attended but it was this past year in Tampa and my tears blurred the picture. :sad:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Ed,

I don't share that picture as much as you think. Bill (yes, we are that close...LOL) sat right in front of me for the entire game. That was a fantastic experience. I also attend the FIRST National Championship game against Clemson in Phoenix in 2016. I am 2-0 in championship games. I will take the blame for Tampa. I was in Stockholm that night watching on the internet from my hotel room. Had I been in Tampa the results would have been different. :D

I chalk last year up to the law of averages. If you get there enough times you are liable to lose one.

I
Thanks Michael! I expect no sympathy from anyone on this board for a 12 day trip to the Fort. :-)

By the way, ROLL TIDE. Below is a picture of me at the 2010 BCS Championship game between Texas and Bama. I am the one in the middle. You might recognize the guy on the right....

View attachment 231273

I look forward to sharing passions here on this board!

DDo5 - aka Mike
I'll be damned! Old Bill. One of my favorite comedian actors.

I model myself after his character in Caddyshack

I had to do a double take.... I didn't recognize him at first. Must be the Spiked (and grey) hair....

That's cool though. Love his work. I wonder if he is just as funny in person as he portrays on the screen.

Ed,

I don't share that picture as much as you think. Bill (yes, we are that close...LOL) sat right in front of me for the entire game. That was a fantastic experience. I also attend the FIRST National Championship game against Clemson in Phoenix in 2016. I am 2-0 in championship games. I will take the blame for Tampa. I was in Stockholm that night watching on the internet from my hotel room. Had I been in Tampa the results would have been different. :D

I chalk last year up to the law of averages. If you get there enough times you are liable to lose one.

That is awesome. His movie Lost in Translation was a very good one, of course Caddyshack is a classic.

Welcome to our little party here Mike. Glad you came out of hiding. I live across the bay in Theodore. Too bad you can't join the fun but I don't blame you. I would love 12 days at the Fort. So far my max I think is 8 or 9 days. Some day I hope to really retire and do a 30 day stay just so I can say I did. We love GSP. It's our go to place other than Disney. I usually stay over near the pool. All the new trails are great. The only thing I wish they would do next is add another 100 camp sites and maybe another pool.

I had to do a double take.... I didn't recognize him at first. Must be the Spiked (and grey) hair....

That's cool though. Love his work. I wonder if he is just as funny in person as he portrays on the screen.

Paul,

He was absolutely the same guy you see on TV. I have traveled all over the world (over 1.4 million miles flown with Delta) and met/see many celebs. He was BY FAR the most gracious and funniest celeb I have personally seen. He is genuinely the real deal. At halftime of the game he left (I thought he probably wasn't coming back) and came back with eight large orders of french fries. He was passing them out to others sitting around us. Of course, I had to eat one of Bill Murray's french fries...LOL

Mike

Welcome to our little party here Mike. Glad you came out of hiding. I live across the bay in Theodore. Too bad you can't join the fun but I don't blame you. I would love 12 days at the Fort. So far my max I think is 8 or 9 days. Some day I hope to really retire and do a 30 day stay just so I can say I did. We love GSP. It's our go to place other than Disney. I usually stay over near the pool. All the new trails are great. The only thing I wish they would do next is add another 100 camp sites and maybe another pool.

Flametmr,

Thanks a bunch. I can already tell that GSP is going to a common destination for us. My wife is trying to get me to take the camper down there tomorrow so she can hang out next week while I am out of town. I am not sure about that one....LOL

Another 100 to 200 sites would be great, but ONLY if they put in another pool. Lt looks to me like they are already adding another two miles of paths.

Mike

Ugh 6 more weeks. Am not sure I am going to make it. We bought a wagon for yeti for when he gets tired of walking. Thought the last couple of nights he has been better. We will definitely need a spa day but am thinking at GSP I will be able to hose off both dogs. Not sure how welll the geriatric ward will hold up but hope to gave them both at GSP, on the flip side yeti is really slow so not too worried about him. He does not stand up so quick.

Welcome disneydadof5, though that handle sound very scary to me. However, I am also a foodie so am taking any recommendations you have for dining in the area.

Hey, to help with Yeti and Mallory i can loan you two girls who love dogs and will usually accept Capri Suns and snacks as payment.

If it's hard on them, on the evenings we get together, we can cook up the food and bring it to your site if need be.

Thanks Michael, might be fun to enlist the girls to bath the dogs. Trust me everyone gets a bath. Am sure we should get be able to get to where dinner is. Part of the reason for the wagon, but he is doing a bit better. Hope he gets stronger. We have forced him at bedtime to be in our room. This way he is on carpet so he keeps his footing better. We used to keep all the doors open and he likes to lay on the tile or wood, am sure it is cooler but not so good for the footing.

Have not checked the weather recently am guessing it will be good swimming weather. Need to practice the open water swim, though I am not sure I will be able to do a triathlon this summer. Work may interfere this time. I will probably be traveling the end of July.

Some of the Other Threads in this forum are telling me I may have to regert not making plans to go this year. Randy with 2 Ice cream makers (Will a nice cardamom gelato be on the menu???), Michael with his Squirrel and Mickey Head shaped chocolate chip cookies, Kris's mobile dog salon (The Savage sisters are working to be The Stinky Sisters pt2) This could be worth the trip

Last edited:
Hey @garneska, at the rate you guys are going on interstates there in Atlanta you better go ahead and leave now and head to GSP while you can still get out of the city.

:rolleyes1

Seriously Michael, no idea what the issue is in Atlanta, but yeah am ready to head out now . I am kind of glad about that move to the city, I can walk to work.

Okay I need opinion from you towing experts and engineers. I found a truck I want. It's a 2015 Ford F150 CrewCab 4x4 with the 3.5 ecoboost. Has a 157 inch wheel base and has the max tow package. Will tow my camper and have 2,000 lbs to spare. I don't tow enough yet to justify the diesel.

Well Joe, as long as it will tow what you have sounds like you don't need a diesel. I'd say if the truck is to your liking and it'll pull your camper, then go for it.

Yes it definitely will pull what I have and some extra. The upside is it will get great mileage when not towing. Of course it's located in Apopka just 40 minutes from my hotel I will staying at in Kissimmee in this weekend and I won't be able to pick it up because the deal won't be done and I can't have all the hitch removed from mine before the trip. So I will probably fly back down next week to get it unless they will ship it here real cheap. Oh and did I say it has a 36 gal tank. I can almost make it to Disney on one tank towing and definitely when not towing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter