The "If I could bring back 1 thing @ WDW" game

Horizons is my most missed too. It had a great message and music.

I also miss the old downward part of Spaceship Earth. It was fabulous all the way through when that was still there.

I'll add another vote for the old fastpass system. The current one is a pain.

The old E-ticket nights when you had to pay. They were sold to a limited amount of resort guests. Either the cost or the limited number sold kept the crowds away. I remember late summer nights in the Magic Kingdom with very short or no wait for all rides. We rode Space Mountain so many times that I made my kids stop because I thought all of that jarring would not be good for their brains. Once they stopped charging it became much, much more crowded.

I'm a greedy witch, so I've got 3:

Extraterrorestrial
Tapestry of Nations
Snow White's Scary Adventure

Also, when the France pavilion sold escargot all the time...or I remember it doing so from childhood and being my first experience with it, and being in love, my folks still laugh about how other kids wanted Mickey bars and I was demanding more snails...I've always had a salty palette though.

I really miss Tapestry of Nations also - don't understand why they took that parade out. It really did shut down future World though, so maybe that's why. :confused3

Can I go with lower prices?

I loved the Adventurers’ Club, and I’ll raise you ALL of Pleasure Island. I had some fun times there!

Yess, Pleasure Island was great - and I never even got to enjoy it as an adult! It's still a head scratcher to me as to why they did that and not replace it with anything that even comes close. Disney Springs is great, but the entertainment/party factor has been minimized. WDW definitely needs a second incarnation of PI in the works.

I really miss Tapestry of Nations also - don't understand why they took that parade out. It really did shut down future World though, so maybe that's why. :confused3
Yess that was awesome. They still play the WAYLA, AH-WAYLA WAYYYLA song, but just as exit music after Illuminations wraps up. I still love Epcot, always will, but I scratch my head at the decisions Disney has made regarding that park. I can't go so far as to say they've let it become a shell of what it once was but... I'm leaning that way.

All great ones. I think I still have my Skippy stuffed animal somewhere!

I'm a greedy witch, so I've got 3:

Extraterrorestrial
Tapestry of Nations
Snow White's Scary Adventure

Also, when the France pavilion sold escargot all the time...or I remember it doing so from childhood and being my first experience with it, and being in love, my folks still laugh about how other kids wanted Mickey bars and I was demanding more snails...I've always had a salty palette though.

I hadn't been to Country Bears in years until last month. I was surprised the energy was so high in there. When "Blood on the Saddle" queued up there was an eruption of applause followed by a sing along. GReat moment

LOL. We made our first trip to WDW a year ago. We have been to DL dozens of times. WDW WAS like a trip back in time with some of the long gone DL attractions still at WDW.
Carousel of Progress......Country Bear Jamboree...

I miss all of that too. In a broader sense, you could say I miss WDW acting like they give a crap about Epcot :-/ I'll always love it - it's my favorite - but they've let things get kinda sad when you really look around. I mean, jeez, have you been in Innoventions at all in the past few years?

I'm hoping this counts as one, but I wish Disney would bring back the entertainment in Epcot. I miss the World Showcase Players, Off Kilter, Fife and Drum Corps, Living Statues, Kristos, Tapestry of Nations, etc...

As far as attractions, Captain EO. Saw it so many times that I could recite every line.

As far as anything at WDW, bring back people who actually SEW names on mouse ears. I'm all for technology but I SERIOUSLY dislike these machines doing the embroidery.

I'm biased, as my job was sewing names on mouse ears at The Chapeau (30 years ago!), but it was a skill and you actually got something incredibly unique.

I also miss the old bakery and the camera center...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter