The Moose Hunt - first mention of Pluto's name?

wtdanceisthrough

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I watched a cartoon today, "The Moose Hunt", from my WD Treasures DVDs. The cartoon is touted as the first cartoon where Pluto appeared and was actually called Pluto. (He appeared in earlier shorts but was unnamed or had a different name.) However, I haven't seen or heard anything saying Pluto during this short.

This information is mentioned on several websites such as Wikipedia, the Encylopedia of Disney Shorts, and even Disney's official site (in the FAQ for Guest Services). However this doesn't seem to match up with the actual short which doesn't contain any reference to the word Pluto (unlike an earlier short with Pluto in, "The Picnic", which explicitly give him a different name). Some websites even say that Mickey calls his dog Pluto during this short, but I can't see it.

I also wondered whether maybe there was something cut from the version on the WD Treasures DVDs, but then watched a version on YouTube which was presumably uncut, and was exactly the same.

Does anyone know why it is that this cartoon is mentioned to be the first short where Pluto is named? Maybe I have missed something?

Adam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter