The Murdaugh Murders

It’s Paul Paul. He was saved in Alex’s phone as Paul Paul.

thank goodness-

totally gross i know but i was hearing it as 'paw paw' so the lyrics from the song 'paw paw patch' ('...picking up paw paw...') kept going through my brain when alex's brother testified about cleaning up portions of paul's brain/skull from the crime scene.

The Girardi one too from the Real Housewives. It's the same thing. Decades, millions of dollars. Who is watching these guys?

Yep, Tom Girardi and I think one other attorney were up to the same business. In Girard's case, he was the head of that firm and again, like Murdoch he was a big personality and made his clients trust him. There seems to be an "event" that helps to uncover the misdeeds. In Girard's case I've read that his inability to keep cash coming in during the pandemic...as courts were shut down, helped his house of cards fall down. He was always robbing Peter to pay Paul...give just enough money here and there to a client that complains to keep the whole scheme going.

For Murdaugh, it was the boat accident and the pressure it was putting on his finances...and having to reveal his financial picture. When he talked to Seckinger about structuring fees to essentially hide money, she seemed to finally catch on to at least the tip of the ice berg. I'm thinking I wouldn't want her as my CFO though....seems like they ran a loosey-goosey operation. As the pressure began to really build on Murdaugh he began to hatch plan after plan to get out of his mess....leading him down the road to being a family annihilator.

We had a sort of similar case in my area. Two brothers are very close, working together and own a very successful pest control company. Keith Caniero and his family were murdered in their Colts Neck NJ mansion. It's alleged that his brother and business partner Paul killed Keith in the middle the night in November of 2018....Keith was found dead on the front lawn, shot in the back, his wife shot and stabbed on the stairs and the kids, age 11 and 9 were stabbed to death. Paul then allegedly set the house on fire. He then went back to his home....also a very large home, and allegedly set it on fire, presumably to make it look like the family was under some kind of attack. Police uncovered very quickly that Paul had been stealing from the company and Keith found out....and Keith was planning on leaving the business. The theory is that Paul snapped... The case was supposed to go to trail in 2021, but it seems like his attorney has complained that she's overburdened with piles of evidence. I know the attorneys he hired dropped him about 6 months after the crime....now I believe he's got a public defender.

It's just amazing and crazy how these guys think....the pressure builds and they just snap, and somehow come to the conclusion that taking out portions or an entire family is the answer to their problems.

Why don't they get that man a box of Kleenex?!!!!!

Every time he gets "emotional" talking about the Murders,the "nose drippage" is unattended to!

GROSSES ME OUT!!!!
A Juror did an interview today and said Murdaugh didn't shed any tears,he just "blew snot".lol!

• Haha
Reactions: GAN
A Juror did an interview today and said Murdaugh didn't shed any tears,he just "blew snot".lol!
Yes, I thought the same when I watched him....lots of blowing his nose, and wiping off his dry eyes. It's one thing being a theatrical attorney in front of a jury, quite another thing being in the position ole' Alex landed himself in. I don't know if that juror knew anything about the Murdaugh family before he was chosen. But he sure seemed to have at least run into people *like* the Murdaughs. The HBO doc had someone say it best...."small towns have a way of producing big fish". And there's a lot more little fish in that low country sea....and that juror seemed to have a little glint in his eye that he helped to bring down a big fish ;).

I hope that the authorities move on to the Stephen Smith death...because that whole thing stinks to high heaven. That boy was beaten to death and dumped.

Reactions: GAN
Agreed …even in the videos of him in the car being interviewed it was the same. A lot of sobbing and not one tear. Dude …you’re guilty 🤷🏻

No words needed.

Alex-Murdaugh-1st-Prison-Photo-shutter-embed-1.jpg

Speaking of lunatic families, now I'm watching Jinx about Robert Durst and wondering how many more of these lunatic families are roaming around protecting maniacs?

Seems to be more than meets the eye with Alex Murdaugh, guy doesn't strike me as a mastermind with all the bumbling so the whole thing is sketch.

Last edited:
Speaking of lunatic families, now I'm watching Jinx about Robert Durst and wondering how many more of these lunatic families are roaming around protecting maniacs?

Seems to be more than meets the eye with Alex Murdaugh, guy doesn't strike me as a mastermind with all the bumbling so the whole thing is sketch.

Have you watched the last episode of the Jinx?

I also found it strange that people could either go with MurDAW or MurDOCK whichever one they liked.
Thank You! I thought I was going crazy hearing it pronounced both ways. Also noticed that Alex and Alec seem to be interchangeable.

I wasn’t paying attention to this case, but after I heard of his conviction I saw a 2 hour report on ABC last night. It discussed previous Incidents with this family.

If everything in the special is true, I’m not sorry that the wife and son were killed. They sound like a total trash family. Now that Daddy Dearest is in jail, hopefully they’ll go after the other derelict son.

Had no idea he was bald.

He's not bald, part of the procedure of entry into the South Carolina Dept. of Corrections is that they shave the prisoner's head....to limit lice entering the facility.

he might have done well to keep it bald-he looked so much older, worn down and pathetic. it might have sold a juror (it only takes one) on the whole 'i'm a drug addicted, mentally broken man' mantra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter