The Murdaugh Murders

No, I don't believe so. The Parker's Kitchen convenience store (which also has gas pumps) is a big chain apparently. I don't believe they're affiliated with the lawyer in that group.

One interesting thing I read about Hampton County, South Carolina is that they are so litigious in that county....that it drives businesses away. The population in that county has been dropping for many years. Walmart was apparently looking to open a store in the area years back but their legal team advised against it because of the number of lawsuits and the financial settlements award by juries in that area. it's a poor county with low incomes, and in areas like that you can get very sympathetic juries that hand out larger rewards.
I heard that too

It has just been reported that the votes are in and,by the largest margin in history,Bubba Murdaugh is Dog of the Year!

Big Red has to be proud!

Last edited:
So is he in Gen Pop? I bet some of the guys he helped prosecute will love to catch up.

I wondered that too....but he was almost entirely a civil lawyer....plaintiff's cases for car accidents, work injuries, railroad injuries. He's much more likely to have stolen the money from some of the people in prison ....than he would have put them in prison. His father, grandfather and great grandfather were the solicitors who did that. They were "the law" in that county. But Alex and has one brother who became an attorney.....were civil litigators.....they wanted to make money. And there's nothing wrong with that of course. In the process of following this case we've seen some very honorable civil litigators testify. Alex wasn't that kind of guy though....he tried to have it both ways....make the big money, but also carry the badge and the blue lights on the car to act like he was also the law....when it benefited him.

Reactions: GAN
One interesting thing I read about Hampton County, South Carolina is that they are so litigious in that county....that it drives businesses away. The population in that county has been dropping for many years. Walmart was apparently looking to open a store in the area years back but their legal team advised against it because of the number of lawsuits and the financial settlements award by juries in that area. it's a poor county with low incomes, and in areas like that you can get very sympathetic juries that hand out larger rewards.

i keep flashing on the character 'lucky' from king of the hill whose sole means of support was explained as 'i slipped on pee pee at the costco and by the grace of god I'll never work another day in my life'.

4exqyaXDbTLUfS9OJ9C85QE4rhax3q5Xtbld5U1icIc.jpg

I just finished the Netflix series but I didn't know there was an HBO one! Which one is the best? Should I watch the HBO one, too?

dying reading these! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I watched both 20/20 and Dateline. I wanted to know all the cell data. That's what ultimately screws people over and of course leaving their DNA everywhere.

My favorite was "I went to see my elderly mom at 9pm." Jeesh man can you at least try and plan the perfect crime.

Two meme’s that best describe me

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

3DF08429-00B2-42BC-9F26-B21386456D6C.jpeg

F7042D14-C37D-4F21-AEE4-E9CFEEC672F8.jpeg

dying reading these! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I watched both 20/20 and Dateline. I wanted to know all the cell data. That's what ultimately screws people over and of course leaving their DNA everywhere.

My favorite was "I went to see my elderly mom at 9pm." Jeesh man can you at least try and plan the perfect crime.

Two meme’s that best describe me

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

View attachment 744590

View attachment 744591

His mother is not only elderly but has dementia. Anyone that has dealt with people with dementia know they get worse at dark and after dark. She was also on medication that helped her sleep. If he was concerned about her he would have stopped by on his way home from work!

Loved the memes!

I also found it strange that people could either go with MurDAW or MurDOCK whichever one they liked.

Thank You! I thought I was going crazy hearing it pronounced both ways. Also noticed that Alex and Alec seem to be interchangeable.

I also heard his name pronounced Elec in one of the documentaries.
Yes, eventually. How did it get missed for 10 years? 10 years! Something is (or was) definitely wrong with their accounting firm, there have been some sort of checks and balances in place.

The director of the daycare I worked at, stole over $30,000 in 1 year. I was the assistant. She covered her tracks in the office pretty good. She made it look like the payment was made and then threw out the deposit slips (she stole the money from the people who paid in cash). I knew something was up but was not able to find anything. After I left the daycare to work at a different company, she continued to steel the money and so they were able to pin it on her, though she tried to pin it on me. This was 15/16 years ago and to this day I think cooperate, or at least 1 or 2 people at corporate, knew what was going on. How does the accountant not know that for years cash was being deposited almost daily and then it just stops. Everything was faxed to them plus he had the statements. There were many checks and balances so this would not happen. I still don't know how she pulled it off other then having someone on the inside.
I just finished the Netflix series but I didn't know there was an HBO one! Which one is the best? Should I watch the HBO one, too?
I watched both in the last week. I feel like I got a little bit more info from HBO but for the most part they were about the same. Nextflix focused more on the boat accident and the families involved with that and HBO focused more on Stephen Smith and his family. HBO also had a bit more on the murders as well.

His mother is not only elderly but has dementia. Anyone that has dealt with people with dementia know they get worse at dark and after dark. She was also on medication that helped her sleep. If he was concerned about her he would have stopped by on his way home from work!

Loved the memes!

I know my dad has dementia not super bad, but my mom always says he's better at the start of the day.

I wonder if the idiot had just gone back to the house after the murders and actually fell asleep on the couch if he would've gotten away with it.

Here's a timeline I found on a Georgia news station. :thumbsup2

https://www.wjcl.com/article/murdaugh-murders-timeline-evidence/42846491

The whole thing is just so crazy. They're just at the kennels and you pull out a shot gun and rifle and kill them? I know he was trying to divert attention away from himself but still.

I know my dad has dementia not super bad, but my mom always says he's better at the start of the day.

I wonder if the idiot had just gone back to the house after the murders and actually fell asleep on the couch if he would've gotten away with it.

Here's a timeline I found on a Georgia news station. :thumbsup2

https://www.wjcl.com/article/murdaugh-murders-timeline-evidence/42846491

The whole thing is just so crazy. They're just at the kennels and you pull out a shot gun and rifle and kill them? I know he was trying to divert attention away from himself but still.
I've been following this case since Sept 2021. It is crazy. If someone wrote a book with this story before it came out it would be seen an too unbelievable.

My issue with him was-- if he was innocent how did he know when they got shot and what time he needed to have an alibi? Also, he NEVER said he wished he had stayed at the kennels and maybe he could have saved them.

I've been following this case since Sept 2021. It is crazy. If someone wrote a book with this story before it came out it would be seen an too unbelievable.

My issue with him was-- if he was innocent how did he know when they got shot and what time he needed to have an alibi? Also, he NEVER said he wished he had stayed at the kennels and maybe he could have saved them.
The man is a psychopath . He has no remorse and is a liar. He was a pretty good storyteller too. Thankfully the jury saw right through him and didn't buy his BS.

Loved the memes!
I have followed this story fairly closely for a while and completely think he was guilty, but the one part of his story that didn’t raise any suspicion to me was the visit to his mother. My mother died from Alzheimer’s and nighttime was really rough with her. Sometimes she was basically nocturnal and people she recognized during the day would be strangers at night which would make her combative and sometimes she would try to leave her home of 50 years to “go home”. Alec’s father had gone into the hospital that day so was not at home which would have upset his mother’s routine. It seemed reasonable to me that Alec would visit at that hour under the circumstances to help get her settled for the night and make sure she was okay. As alibis go I thought it was a good try, but the rest of it (pulling around the back of the house, timing with Maggie’s phone being tossed and his GPS, the high speeds he traveled at and so on) just added to his guilt. Just my perspective.

The man is a psychopath . He has no remorse and is a liar. He was a pretty good storyteller too. Thankfully the jury saw right through him and didn't buy his BS.

Yup. He was such a good liar and manipulator that the clients that he stole over what....8 or 10 million from, and there were a lot of them....never called that firm or showed up looking for their money. He was able to convince them that they got all that was due to them. Some got nothing, he took it all for himself. And that stealing started way back in 2011 and accelerated over the years. That's the thing about a thief, they just think that they'll never get caught.

You could feel "the gathering storm" as Waters put it.....that was about to come down on him. He knew the shame, disgrace, disbarment and financial ruin that was coming for him.

I watched Paul's video at the kennel but I didn't detect that his father there. Maybe I need to watch it more carefully. Was Alex in the background talking to his mom? Is that how they can place Alex at the kennel at that time?

I watched Paul's video at the kennel but I didn't detect that his father there. Maybe I need to watch it more carefully. Was Alex in the background talking to his mom? Is that how they can place Alex at the kennel at that time?
You can clearly hear his voice calling for the dog “Bubba” …it took me a while as well for some reason. Not sure if it was the video I watched or someone cleaned up the sound, but one was distinctly Alex’ voice

What would have happened if he had not killed his family? I guess he would have ended up in prison for fraud and other crimes associated with the law firm, plus he would be sued for everything he owns. Paul would have done some time but probably not a whole lot since he has a clean record.

I'll bet the estate will be sued and his remaining son will end up with nothing. Unless his mother's parents have money to give him?

You can clearly hear his voice calling for the dog “Bubba” …it took me a while as well for some reason. Not sure if it was the video I watched or someone cleaned up the sound, but one was distinctly Alex’ voice

His voice is pretty distinctive for sure. And once several witnesses who knew the family well identified his voice, he had to admit he was there. And that of course necessitated a whole new story (lie).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter