The Murdaugh Murders

Long drive today & wanted to listen to a Murdaugh Podcast since we always do true crime as we drive, which one is the best? I don't like too much disturbing graphic detail though.

Two mentioned here are Impact of Influence & the Mandy Matney one.

Last edited:
I listened to the Mandy Matey one. There are no gory details.
I started listening to hers and liked what she had to say. Trouble is it sounded like she was reading an essay & her voice was getting to me so I switched to the The Murdaugh Family Murders- Impact of Influence- Matt Harris and Seton Tucke one & that was easier on the ears. We knew nothing of the case and were spelbound for hours. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder & bigger and bigger.

I may retry the Mandy one if I can get the sound right to balance her voice.

Now Alex Murdaugh is going to be charged in the murders of his wife and son.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/12/us/alex-murdaugh-south-carolina-murder/index.html
The podcast started to get slower so we stopped, I'll resume, this is the nuttiest story of cronyism, corruption and collusion that I ever heard in my entire life. Listening I always thought it was the uncle, not the dad. Something just never sat right with the father, like how are you a raging drug addict and not a soul around you has any idea. I do believe the stealing of client money but maybe it wasn't only the father, the place is so corrupt there is just no way to believe anything that comes out of there. Still, I'll listen.

The podcast started to get slower so we stopped, I'll resume, this is the nuttiest story of cronyism, corruption and collusion that I ever heard in my entire life. Listening I always thought it was the uncle, not the dad. Something just never sat right with the father, like how are you a raging drug addict and not a soul around you has any idea. I do believe the stealing of client money but maybe it wasn't only the father, the place is so corrupt there is just no way to believe anything that comes out of there. Still, I'll listen.
I stopped for a while too, but now my interest is renewed. Back to it!

I've been keeping up with the podcasts on this guy. I knew he did it from the time he concocted the fake drive by shooting of himself. He had something to hide.

That shooting was totally a fake story but there is no way to know if he did it to himself or is a fall guy. Something about the story makes me feel he was put up to taking all the blame, he and his family lost everything and yet the whole family looks to be criminal and yet it all gets tied up in a neat package with Alex's conviction. Something stinks and I think it's more than one bad egg.

Strange that the guy who was intertwined in that shooting mess was a cousin. Plus, some neighbor said they saw one of his brothers, Randy I think, there early the day of the shooting. This was way too early if he just came after the murders like they said and then the fact they used Randy's wife's phone. I got the vibe wife and son died because someone flew into a rage that the entire family business practices and finances were being exposed because that boat wasn't covered by insurance, small loose thread that tugged everything loose.

Then there was poor young Stephen Smith that was linked to one of the people in the lunatic clan, it is said there was an affair with one of the younger generation but how would a kid be able to pull the strings of losing evidence? The story of that death is just flat out bogus and you need some serious juice to pull that level of BS off.

Then poor Gloria Satterfield, that whole story is ungodly, nevermind the fact there was a settlement stolen from her poor children.

The whole thing is such a heinous mess with more loose ends than my hair without product in August.

I am! It’s been fascinating!!

I even watch the live stream on and off over the day. Fox News has had the best coverage of it with live rolling updates and a good stream.

I am incredibly interested in the Snapchat and the Gucci receipt.

I am also but watching more of the recaps than the actual trial although I did tune in long enough to see Alex dabbing at his eyes with a tissue while a police officer testified on the crime scene. I had to turn the channel.

I've been streaming Law &Crime Network on YouTube since there are no commercials.

It's slow at times but I can't turn away.

Has anyone else found Buster to be an irritating distraction? He can’t sit still and always seems like he’s talking or squirming or looking like he is bored. He’s 26 and attended law school, so he certainly has an idea of proper courtroom decorum. Plus he is hearing the horrible details about the murder of his brother and mother. That is dad is on trial for committing. His demeanor is so off for this. He looks like a bored kid during a church service.

And how about the note from the jury yesterday? That the judge had to remind the courtroom that the jurors are anonymous. I immediately assumed it was Buster.

Yes. Its shocking how many clients he stole very large amounts money from.

I have been watching recaps every evening. I can’t have it on during the day or I’d get nothing done for work.

I strongly believe he is guilty. However, I believe he will not be convicted. This family is so corrupt and is in the ears and pockets of SLED enough that there is the appearance of a sloppy investigation. I believe that was intentional. This leaves no real hard evidence for the prosecution to convict him with. Once again, they’ll get away with murder. Fortunately, he will be convicted on his financial crimes. We’ll see how much jail time he gets for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter