• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Murdaugh Murders

I wonder how his former law firm is faring? Like, how lax are they that he stole for YEARS and no one caught on? I'd certainly be taking my business elsewhere.
I’m sure they are struggling. Between having to pay back the money he stole and also paying for the accountants to review their books, that would be a fortune. Plus, I believe Alex was one of their top income generators, so they have way less money to spilt in December.

I wonder how his former law firm is faring? Like, how lax are they that he stole for YEARS and no one caught on? I'd certainly be taking my business elsewhere.
They did catch on, which led to Alex try having his distant cousin “attempt” to kill him for the insurance money. The CFO testified, and it sounds like they had been watching him for a while and we’re developing their own case against him …but once the murders occurred everything was paused. Hindsight is 20/20 …sure they probably should have caught on sooner but this is a man that you trust wholeheartedly, it was his family’s firm! I sensed the CFO new or suspected for a while but had been running into roadblocks from within. She had a bit of disgust and “I told you so“ to her testimony.

they changed their name last year. went from Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth & Detrick to Parker Law Group, LLP. there's a statement from when it changed that talks about it being done to honor parker blah, blah, blah....but it's obviously an attempt to rebrand.

I worked for a small independent school district. We got a new superintendent one year and everything went down the toilet. People complained to the board over and over. Finally someone from within blew the whistle and it was found out he was stealing money. From poor kids. It was disgusting how long the board turned their heads. This slime was able to keep his retirement even though he went to jail. So nothing surprises me.

I worked for a small independent school district. We got a new superintendent one year and everything went down the toilet. People complained to the board over and over. Finally someone from within blew the whistle and it was found out he was stealing money. From poor kids. It was disgusting how long the board turned their heads. This slime was able to keep his retirement even though he went to jail. So nothing surprises me.

i'm retired from civil service. i had co-workers in the same job classification i held which was responsible for reviewing and overseeing millions of dollars in public assistance. these co-workers due to sheer laziness on their part enabled multiple staff under their supervision to steal hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. they were in my opinion-every bit as responsible for the losses (very easily caught and preventable) but to save face as each occurrence happened you would ultimately see the supervisor promoted UP (into a higher compensated position but one that did not have monetary review responsibilities) and with few exceptions-the staff person cutting a very non- publicized deal with the d.a.'s office.

it's all about saving face :sad2:

I predict when the inevitable Biography of Big Red's life is done it will be titled:

Come Here Bubba-The Alec Murdaugh Story

how about -

Big Red, Mags, Bus, Paw-Paw and the Bo Whoop-The Murdaugh Story

i'm retired from civil service. i had co-workers in the same job classification i held which was responsible for reviewing and overseeing millions of dollars in public assistance. these co-workers due to sheer laziness on their part enabled multiple staff under their supervision to steal hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. they were in my opinion-every bit as responsible for the losses (very easily caught and preventable) but to save face as each occurrence happened you would ultimately see the supervisor promoted UP (into a higher compensated position but one that did not have monetary review responsibilities) and with few exceptions-the staff person cutting a very non- publicized deal with the d.a.'s office.

it's all about saving face :sad2:
Exactly …first you have to unravel the mess and have a clear accounting picture of what was going on, THEN you have to decide how to handle it from a public relations standpoint. Just exposing what you found to ”get” the person potentially could ruin every attorney in the firm by association. Sure they might owe this person $500k …better to pay(settlement out of court) and keep the other $10M client income flowing in -publishing the news to the public is suicide.

One more thing that I find simply amazing, beyond the fortune of Paul exposing his father from the grave, is that his phone literally had 2 minutes of power left. Had that phone died a minute before that video …Alex would be walking free. Fate is a funny thing….

Yup, it's always something to me how these people think they're going to get away with it. I do believe Murdaugh killed his wife and son. I think he's a psychopath. I was listening to some of the jail calls to his family from the Murdaugh Murder Podcast, and he's just a master manipulator. But I think he deserved to be thrown in jail for life just for the financial crimes.

they changed their name last year. went from Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth & Detrick to Parker Law Group, LLP. there's a statement from when it changed that talks about it being done to honor parker blah, blah, blah....but it's obviously an attempt to rebrand.

When Paul was on the way to put the boat in the water he bought beer, (while underage), at Parker's Gas Station.

Same Parker?

When Paul was on the way to put the boat in the water he bought beer, (while underage), at Parker's Gas Station.

Same Parker?

No, I don't believe so. The Parker's Kitchen convenience store (which also has gas pumps) is a big chain apparently. I don't believe they're affiliated with the lawyer in that group.

One interesting thing I read about Hampton County, South Carolina is that they are so litigious in that county....that it drives businesses away. The population in that county has been dropping for many years. Walmart was apparently looking to open a store in the area years back but their legal team advised against it because of the number of lawsuits and the financial settlements award by juries in that area. it's a poor county with low incomes, and in areas like that you can get very sympathetic juries that hand out larger rewards.

Thank you! At least that explains it.
I'll bet he'll hear Alex most of the time going forward. I can't imagine the prison system will bother with his chosen unique pronunciation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter