***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Isn't it the same shampoo, conditioner, and body wash?
Just imagined the wall dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash looking like 3D versions of your User Pic (3 Tikis for those who may not see it) Then laughing as I realized that having lotions dispensing from such containers could be just wrong on several levels.

I know what they look like but even if AKL had wall dispensers if it's the same stuff what does it matter?

I know what they look like but even if AKL had wall dispensers if it's the same stuff what does it matter?
People like to bring them home. Use them in their guest bathrooms, stocking stuffers, send them off to local battered women's and homeless shelters. There are 1001 uses for some nice soaps at home.

As for usage in WDW, probably much easier to use the dispensers than fiddling with those tiny bottles. Saves on plastic. Hopefully saves on dues.

I'm okay with either as long as the dispensers are maintained well and don't get in the way of my elbows in the shower.

I was wondering the same thing,but for our end if October trip, both at Poly and BLT, no dispensers, still small bottles. Thought that I read that there would be changes with wall dispensers?:confused:

I was wondering the same thing,but for our end if October trip, both at Poly and BLT, no dispensers, still small bottles. Thought that I read that there would be changes with wall dispensers?:confused:

Was that an official announcement or did it just come from rumors and some test dispensers that appeared at SSR? Plans do change and there were quite a few complaints.

And we still got plastic straws other than AK and I thought those were all going away too. That did come as an official announcement.

You're welcome! At least that is how it was at the end of September. If it has changed in the last month or so IDK.
Isn't it the same shampoo, conditioner, and body wash?
Staying at Kidani now, they still have the small individual sizes. H2O+, all are 2 ounces:
  • Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo
  • Sea Marine Revitalizing Conditioner
  • Sea Salt Body Wash
  • Sea Salt Body Lotion

Was that an official announcement or did it just come from rumors and some test dispensers that appeared at SSR? Plans do change and there were quite a few complaints.

And we still got plastic straws other than AK and I thought those were all going away too. That did come as an official announcement.
My husband had to ask for a straw at Contempo Cafe at Contemporary,was underneath and a CM got it for him.

When we were on a 16 day transatlantic on the Royal Princess in September 2018 they didn't have straws even if you asked. I was surprised that you got used to drinking without a straw. But then we were drinking out of glasses versus paper cups.

So if they are not giving out straws at WDW are they giving out the plastic covers for the cups? And how many times did people spill the drinks just taking the lids off? I imagine Disney really had to think about this change, because once the straws are no longer available then the spills will increase. And guests will expect to get a free drink after they spill their drinks. I have to admit I never quite figured out why you should get a free drink when you spilled.

We are looking for rooms that are a bit more quiet. We really dont want to book a savanna because we are not in the rooms enough to enjoy it. Is there a 5th floor on the Kidani side? Would top floor be the most quiet?
Last time we were there we were on the 4th floor and were kept up at night by a screaming child on one side, a couple doing their thing very loudly on the other and above us it sounded like a service area with housekeeping carts being rolled in and out all night. After 2 nights the screaming baby stopped. Poor thing must have been sick, because it was that kind of cry. :( The "loud couple" on the other side left after the 4th night and that "noise" literally went on all 4 nights. The service cart noise happened our entire trip. I may also consider ear plugs although I dont like putting things in my ears.

We are looking for rooms that are a bit more quiet. We really dont want to book a savanna because we are not in the rooms enough to enjoy it. Is there a 5th floor on the Kidani side? Would top floor be the most quiet?
Last time we were there we were on the 4th floor and were kept up at night by a screaming child on one side, a couple doing their thing very loudly on the other and above us it sounded like a service area with housekeeping carts being rolled in and out all night. After 2 nights the screaming baby stopped. Poor thing must have been sick, because it was that kind of cry. :( The "loud couple" on the other side left after the 4th night and that "noise" literally went on all 4 nights. The service cart noise happened our entire trip. I may also consider ear plugs although I dont like putting things in my ears.

Well, the things you described as being noisy could happen anywhere. I'd bring the ear plugs. I started doing so after getting tired of the possible noise in hotels.

The 5th floor exists (parking garage is floor one, and rooms are on floors 2-5) but top floor isn't always the most quiet. We actually thought our stay was louder there. You might want to bring earplugs or get a white noise app on your phone to use while there.

In over 15 stays at Kidani we have only encountered disruptive noise during two stays. Pretty good stats if you ask me.

Some sounds cannot be avoided, such as elevators, service carts, standard traffic in the hallway. Disney needs to do a better job controlling other sounds when reported though.
A baby crying because it is sick is a fact of life. You can ask to be moved, but no guarantee that there will be a room to move you to or that it will be any better.
People making unnecessary noise in their units can be controlled. You know who it is, where they are and, most of the time, what they are doing. :/
Calling the front desk will do nothing to resolve the issue. Since they aren't even on site I doubt the report of noise goes any further than that person's desktop. If you need action, you need to get Disney security involved. If unreasonable noise (screaming, things being thrown, leaf blowers) keep happening past quiet hours as deemed by the town then you have every right to call the police.

Could the service cart sound have been the elevator? We had one of those rooms once. Wasn't fun, but I did get used to it.

I've noticed the quietest Kidani rooms for sounds coming from above tend to be the studios. I believe the reason for this is that studios are under studios and there are no stools to be dragged about on tile flooring (unless someone takes a chair into the bathroom). Also, the larger the room over you then there's a good chance that there are more people up there.

Last edited:
In over 15 stays at Kidani we have only encountered disruptive noise during two stays. Pretty good stats if you ask me.

Some sounds cannot be avoided, such as elevators, service carts, standard traffic in the hallway. Disney needs to do a better job controlling other sounds when reported though.
A baby crying because it is sick is a fact of life. You can ask to be moved, but no guarantee that there will be a room to move you to or that it will be any better.
People making unnecessary noise in their units can be controlled. You know who it is, where they are and most of the time, what they are doing. :/
Calling the front desk will do nothing to resolve the issue. Since they aren't even on site I doubt the report of noise goes any further than that person's desktop. If you need action, you need to get Disney security involved. If unreasonable noise (screaming, things being thrown, leaf blowers) keep happening past quiet hours as deemed by the town then you have every right to call the police.

Could the service cart sound have been the elevator? We had one of those rooms once. Wasn't fun.
I've noticed the quietest Kidani rooms for sounds coming down from above tend to be the studios. I believe the reason for this is that studios are under studios (?) and there are no stools to be dragged about on tile flooring (unless someone takes a chair into the bathroom). Also, the larger the room over you,

Actually, if one goes down to the front desk and asks to see the manager about the noise/disruption such as screaming, smoking, and so on, they will deal with it w/o security being involved most times.

Interesting because I've never had that happen. Must've been the manager on duty, the one we've always dealt with is wonderful.
It was Kidani, the middle of the night (1am - ish) when I had finally had enough and made the 1/2 mile walk to the desk (should have driven, but the garage is spooky at night that far down the loop). They also sent a housekeeper to the room with another handful of earplugs so I have enough for a fortnight :D

It was Kidani, the middle of the night (1am - ish) when I had finally had enough and made the 1/2 mile walk to the desk (should have driven, but the garage is spooky at night that far down the loop). They also sent a housekeeper to the room with another handful of earplugs so I have enough for a fortnight :D

That reminds me of checking into a hotel and getting up to the room to discover a package of ear plugs on the night stand. Freeway side in Sacramento. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter