*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Anyone else struggling with what to do about HS?
Not me. I'm looking forward to seeing the new land. Last two trips HS has been half a day park for me - see the shows, ride ToT and RnR and eat at Prime Time - but I always go.

Not me. I'm looking forward to seeing the new land. Last two trips HS has been half a day park for me - see the shows, ride ToT and RnR and eat at Prime Time - but I always go.

We never skip HS, but I'm trying to figure out how many days to devote to it. That is my struggle :)

One should be enough. If you feel you missed something or want to try something a second time carve out a portion of another day to return for a couple of hours.

We never skip HS, but I'm trying to figure out how many days to devote to it. That is my struggle :)
Even with all the rides that are closed, there is a lot to do at HS. 1 day isn't enough if you want to see all the shows and look at the shops. Plus we like to ride things 2-3 times. So many people rush to do as much as they can. We like to take our time and actually enjoy all the park has to offer. With TSL opening, it's gonna be good times for sure!

Even with all the rides that are closed, there is a lot to do at HS. 1 day isn't enough if you want to see all the shows and look at the shops. Plus we like to ride things 2-3 times. So many people rush to do as much as they can. We like to take our time and actually enjoy all the park has to offer. With TSL opening, it's gonna be good times for sure!

We love to sit by ToT and listen to people scream LOL. We also like the addition of Baseline. Nice area to sit in and enjoy the vibe of HS.

Just booked and paid for a multigenerational trip 9/21-30 at Pop.
It will be hubby and I, three adult children, their spouses, and four grandchildren: DD1, SIL, GD age8, DS, DIL, GD age9, GD age6, GS age5, and DD2. This will be the first visit to WDW for SIL, DIL, and DS's three kids. DD1 and her daughter visited visited in 2013. Hubby and I took DD1 & DS in 1990 and then DD2 in 2007. Needless to say, there have been a lot of changes since our last visit and I am looking forward to experiencing it all through my grandchildrens' eyes.

Last edited:

When are they gonna post the hours of operations?!?!?!? I'm going nuts trying to map this trip out having no clue about MNSSHP, EMH, etc. The worst is you kow they're gonna change stuff after my ADR day, in a week! :scared1::faint:

Go to MDE and click on "My Itinerary." Then go to the left and click "add parks and places" under the plans tab. Select the date from the calendar icon. I can see all the way until September 7th.

When are they gonna post the hours of operations?!?!?!? I'm going nuts trying to map this trip out having no clue about MNSSHP, EMH, etc. The worst is you kow they're gonna change stuff after my ADR day, in a week! :scared1::faint:

I feel the same way! I have everything planed out ..... I think. This shouldn't be so stressful lol

I think I worked out our plans. At least this is what we are going for so far. We decided to take one day off our stay since we upgraded to Atrium Club level. The cost offset was well worth it. We only paid around $600 for the upgrade for the entire stay after taking one day off and will save that alone in food. We will do breakfast daily at the CL lounge which in turn will let us spend less time trying to get to breakfast ADR's, waiting to get seated, wait for food etc. etc. This way we can grab a bite and go. 8 days and a wake up for ADR's. Fingers crossed I can get what I have listed! If not, I have backup restaurants and will just go with what we can get. Here are our plans (subject to change lol)

Sept 6 MK - Dinner at Chef Mickeys
Sept 7 AK - QS Lunch Pizzafari , Dinner at Tiffins, ROL
Sept 8 HS - QS Lunch Woody’s Lunch Box , Dinner at Sci-Fi, Fantasmic
Sept 9 EP - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at Coral Reef, FEA Desert Party
Sept 10 HS / DS - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at T-Rex
Sept 11 MK – QS lunch BOG , Dinner Crystal Palace, MNSSHP
Sept 12 AK - QS Lunch Flame Tree, Dinner at Tusker House
Sept 13 EP - QS Lunch F&W , Dinner at Teppan Endo
Sept 14 MK - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner CRT, MNSSHP
Sept 15 HS - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at 50's Prime Time, Star Wars Dessert party
Sept 16 Departure Day, QS Breakfast at resort.

And .... Not even an hour and we changed it up lol

Now to work on our FP choices which will be harder since we're doing the 90 day deal.

Last edited:
My ADR window opens on Monday. Here's my plan!

9/1--Arrival day/MK for dessert party (hoping they open more dates soon)
9/2--HS --Sci Fi late lunch
9/3--Epcot --GG breakfast
9/4--MK
9/5-- AK-AM/Epcot -PM
9/6--The Wave late breakfast--MNSSHP (hopefully)
9/7--Sleep in--AK PM --Yak and Yeti dinner
9/8-- Departure day :( --GG breakfast backup day if none available on the 3rd.

We'll be doing a lot of hopping around, so I am sure we'll be adding and changing things around a bit for the evenings.

My husband and I are going for an adults only trip for our 20th anniversary. Our ideas are quite different (imagine that!), so we've worked up a skeleton plan to begin with. When we take the kids, we typically rope drop, take a mid-day break at the resort, and then go back for dinner/show/fireworks, etc. We may not rope drop every day this trip, and I'm trying to leave us enough flexibility in our plans that we can "wing it" more (which the thought of almost makes me twitch).

* Currently booked at Contemporary in a Garden Room.
* We got 5 day PH for the price of 4, so we have a "bonus" park day that we can use on our arrival day OR the evening of our Universal day.
* Went to Universal earlier this year with the family & upgraded our passes to seasonal for $10 each. We didn't get to ride anything together, so we're going back to hit a few of our favorites together... and eat.
* We will have a rental car, so transportation won't be an issue.
* Since this is our anniversary trip, we looked at signature dining places like California Grill and Le Cellier. DH isn't really interested in those menus, and nothing specifically called to me there, either. He likes NY Strip steak, and we had some really great steak in Mexico last time. I'm hoping LaHacienda's steak will fit the bill. Would love to hear any experience dining there or thoughts on the best place to get a NY Strip steak.
* We're super low maintenance people - don't really enjoy the spa. We also don't have to be "doing" something every minute of the day, but we'll be at DISNEY and definitely don't want to waste that.
* NOT planning on going to MNSSHP, but have based our schedule off of guesses for those party nights from KTP.

I'm open to suggestions!

9/15 Sat - Arrive; Check in, get settled, and dinner either at Disney Springs or possibly Epcot (use bonus park day?)
9/16 Sun - Universal/IOA: Lunch at Three Broomsticks; Butterbeer; Dinner: Chocolate Emporium
9/18 Mon - KTTK Tour in the morning; B: Starbucks or grab something quick; L: with KTTK Tour; D: Hop over to Epcot for the evening, ADR at La Hacienda
9/19 Tues - HS Day; B: Starbucks or Starring Rolls; L: QS D: 50's Prime Time
9/20 Wed - AK Day; B: Captain Cook's or Kona (likely CC); L/D: Restaurantosaurus/Flame Tree - This may not be a full day park for us. Hoping Pandora can bring it up to that. Flexible on dinner, depending on how much time we spend at AK.
9/21 Thurs - MK/EP Day - no specific plans for this day yet. Backup day for Captain Cook's/Kona Cafe breakfast
9/22 Fri - 10am leave for the airport - leaves us enough time to have a leisurely morning and/or breakfast at a resort

I'm hoping we can get these ADRs. I know HS will likely be a challenge with TSL opening just a few months prior, but hopefully it will all work out! The FP situation kind of freaks me out though... I've always made them with my kids in mind. I'm not sure I know how to think about myself! Ha!

9/4--MK
9/5-- AK-AM/Epcot -PM

We'll be doing a lot of hopping around, so I am sure we'll be adding and changing things around a bit for the evenings.

We did a late Sci Fi lunch for our last September trip. It was a great break in the day. Good luck!

I think I worked out our plans. At least this is what we are going for so far. We decided to take one day off our stay since we upgraded to Atrium Club level. The cost offset was well worth it. We only paid around $600 for the upgrade for the entire stay after taking one day off and will save that alone in food. We will do breakfast daily at the CL lounge which in turn will let us spend less time trying to get to breakfast ADR's, waiting to get seated, wait for food etc. etc. This way we can grab a bite and go. 8 days and a wake up for ADR's. Fingers crossed I can get what I have listed! If not, I have backup restaurants and will just go with what we can get. Here are our plans (subject to change lol)

Sept 6 MK - Dinner at Chef Mickeys
Sept 7 AK - QS Lunch Pizzafari , Dinner at Tiffins, ROL
Sept 8 HS - QS Lunch Woody’s Lunch Box , Dinner at Sci-Fi, Fantasmic
Sept 9 EP - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at Coral Reef, FEA Desert Party
Sept 10 HS / DS - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at T-Rex
Sept 11 MK – QS lunch BOG , Dinner Crystal Palace, MNSSHP
Sept 12 AK - QS Lunch Flame Tree, Dinner at Tusker House
Sept 13 EP - QS Lunch F&W , Dinner at Teppan Endo
Sept 14 MK - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner CRT, MNSSHP
Sept 15 HS - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at 50's Prime Time, Star Wars Dessert party
Sept 16 Departure Day, QS Breakfast at resort.

And .... Not even an hour and we changed it up lol

Now to work on our FP choices which will be harder since we're doing the 90 day deal.

Have you done Star Wars Dessert Party before? We've done MK Dessert Party, but never Star Wars. I'm wondering if it would be good for DH and me on our adults only trip.

Have you done Star Wars Dessert Party before? We've done MK Dessert Party, but never Star Wars. I'm wondering if it would be good for DH and me on our adults only trip.
We had it booked last September and Irma came to visit so we missed it. They closed the parks on our HS day.

My husband and I are going for an adults only trip for our 20th anniversary. Our ideas are quite different (imagine that!), so we've worked up a skeleton plan to begin with. When we take the kids, we typically rope drop, take a mid-day break at the resort, and then go back for dinner/show/fireworks, etc. We may not rope drop every day this trip, and I'm trying to leave us enough flexibility in our plans that we can "wing it" more (which the thought of almost makes me twitch).

* Currently booked at Contemporary in a Garden Room.
* We got 5 day PH for the price of 4, so we have a "bonus" park day that we can use on our arrival day OR the evening of our Universal day.
* Went to Universal earlier this year with the family & upgraded our passes to seasonal for $10 each. We didn't get to ride anything together, so we're going back to hit a few of our favorites together... and eat.
* We will have a rental car, so transportation won't be an issue.
* Since this is our anniversary trip, we looked at signature dining places like California Grill and Le Cellier. DH isn't really interested in those menus, and nothing specifically called to me there, either. He likes NY Strip steak, and we had some really great steak in Mexico last time. I'm hoping LaHacienda's steak will fit the bill. Would love to hear any experience dining there or thoughts on the best place to get a NY Strip steak.
* We're super low maintenance people - don't really enjoy the spa. We also don't have to be "doing" something every minute of the day, but we'll be at DISNEY and definitely don't want to waste that.
* NOT planning on going to MNSSHP, but have based our schedule off of guesses for those party nights from KTP.

I'm open to suggestions!

9/15 Sat - Arrive; Check in, get settled, and dinner either at Disney Springs or possibly Epcot (use bonus park day?)
9/16 Sun - Universal/IOA: Lunch at Three Broomsticks; Butterbeer; Dinner: Chocolate Emporium
9/18 Mon - KTTK Tour in the morning; B: Starbucks or grab something quick; L: with KTTK Tour; D: Hop over to Epcot for the evening, ADR at La Hacienda
9/19 Tues - HS Day; B: Starbucks or Starring Rolls; L: QS D: 50's Prime Time
9/20 Wed - AK Day; B: Captain Cook's or Kona (likely CC); L/D: Restaurantosaurus/Flame Tree - This may not be a full day park for us. Hoping Pandora can bring it up to that. Flexible on dinner, depending on how much time we spend at AK.
9/21 Thurs - MK/EP Day - no specific plans for this day yet. Backup day for Captain Cook's/Kona Cafe breakfast
9/22 Fri - 10am leave for the airport - leaves us enough time to have a leisurely morning and/or breakfast at a resort

I'm hoping we can get these ADRs. I know HS will likely be a challenge with TSL opening just a few months prior, but hopefully it will all work out! The FP situation kind of freaks me out though... I've always made them with my kids in mind. I'm not sure I know how to think about myself! Ha!

Starring Rolls is closed :(

My husband and I are going for an adults only trip for our 20th anniversary...Since this is our anniversary trip, we looked at signature dining places like California Grill and Le Cellier. DH isn't really interested in those menus, and nothing specifically called to me there, either. He likes NY Strip steak, and we had some really great steak in Mexico last time. I'm hoping LaHacienda's steak will fit the bill. Would love to hear any experience dining there or thoughts on the best place to get a NY Strip steak....

I haven't been there myself, but I have heard great things about Yachtsman and they have a NY Strip on the menu. Might be worth a try?

My husband and I did it on our adult only trip last Sept and we really liked it. We did dessert parties for both SW and HEA and I think the SW one was perfect for an adult trip. The food was pretty good (with several savory options) and we each had a few alcoholic beverages. I should say that I don't think we would have had trouble finding a spot to watch the SW fireworks even without the party.

9/4--MK
9/5-- AK-AM/Epcot -PM

Omg!!!! We are 5-13th! I am planning the party on the 6th as well!! Fingers crossed for us! And I hope it’s not a sell out! Both of our parties were last year! And we are also going to AK on the 7th... we are planning Yak Yeti on our other AK day, but if I can’t get it I’ll see you there too!! Haha!!! I can’t wait to hear how you do!! Yay!!!

Omg!!!! We are 5-13th! I am planning the party on the 6th as well!! Fingers crossed for us! And I hope it’s not a sell out! Both of our parties were last year! And we are also going to AK on the 7th... we are planning Yak Yeti on our other AK day, but if I can’t get it I’ll see you there too!! Haha!!! I can’t wait to hear how you do!! Yay!!!

Were also doing AK the 7th and MNSSHP on the 11th and 14th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter