*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I just received this email

Passholder Play Time*
Get ready to play big! Select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders, experience exclusive access to Toy Story Landat Disney's Hollywood Studios® on select dates and times this September.
*This event will have limited capacity and registration will be required. Invitations will be sent to select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders via email this summer for Passholder Play Time. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.

Yea, all the spots will likely be gone by the time we get down there and upgrade to APs. bummer. Anxious to hear about the dates though and how this might impact my plans....

on another note, 99 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passholder Play Time*
Get ready to play big! Select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders, experience exclusive access to Toy Story Landat Disney's Hollywood Studios® on select dates and times this September.
*This event will have limited capacity and registration will be required. Invitations will be sent to select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders via email this summer for Passholder Play Time. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.

Does anyone have any insight on when the dates will be released? It would be very nice if it was prior to FP booking window for those of us who are not AP holders. Just when I thought I had everything planned...another curve ball. :) Way it goes I guess! Hopefully the details are released soon.

Does anyone have any insight on when the dates will be released? It would be very nice if it was prior to FP booking window for those of us who are not AP holders. Just when I thought I had everything planned...another curve ball. :) Way it goes I guess! Hopefully the details are released soon.

No concrete info yet, but a thread has been started with people keeping up with news as it comes out. But nothing has been made official beyond the first announcement last week.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/toy-story-land-annual-passholder-event.3686873/

OK, so here's my itinerary so far. It may change a bit before FP day which is July 1. This is for Me, DH, and our 2 boys ages 15 and 12.

Th 8/30: pick boys up from school 3 PM, directly to airport for 4:45 flight with layover in Baltimore. Arrive 11:15. Hopefully in bed by 2 AM.
Fri 8/31: sleep in a bit, hopefully at MK by 10. 11:05 BoG lunch. FP plan: 10 AM 7DMT, 11:30 BTMRR, 12:30 Splash. Will do our first ever MNSSHP if weather permits. Will buy tickets day before if forecast looks ok.
Sat 9/1: HS. RD if MNSSHP didn't work out night before, otherwise, get there more like 10. FP plan: 10 Slinky, 11 ToT, 12 RnR Closes at 8:30, possibly get in line for Slinky shortly before close. Otherwise watch Star Wars fireworks.
Sun 9/2: AK. RD 9 AM. Hopefully have FoP FP so we can go to Navi and avoid the masses. FP plan: FoP 9 Safari 10, Everest 11 Possibly get in line for FoP shortly before close which is currently 8:30.
Mon 9/3 EP 9-9. RD Soarin'. FP plan: LwtL 9, TT 10, Mission Space 11. Watch Illuminations.
Tues 9/4 EMM at MK. FP plan: JC 10:30, Splash 11:30, BTMRR 12:30. Go to Disney Springs after lunch and do the VOID Star Wars VR?? EMH EP until 11.
Wed 9/5 HS 9 AM. FP plan: Slinky 9, ToT 10, RnR 11. Hop to MK for EMH until 11.
Thu 9/6 AK 9 AM FP plan: FoP 9, Safari 10, Everest 11. Hop to Epcot for evening. Hopefully see/hear a bit of Glass Tiger. (LOVED them in the 80s.)
Fri 9/7 MK 8 AM EMH. 10:30 AM Crystal Palace breakfast. FP plan: 7DMT 9, Space 10, Buzz 11. Epcot open until 10, hop if we have energy.
Sat 9/8 last park day. Get Fop or slinky for this day if not able to earlier in trip. Leave park around 1 to catch DME back to airport at 3 PM. Flight at 6, layover in Chicago, arrive 11:10 PM.

I know a bunch of this will change as we are there and discover we are too tired, or don't need/want those FP anymore. But, it's great to at least have a semi-decent plan!

OK, so here's my itinerary so far. It may change a bit before FP day which is July 1. This is for Me, DH, and our 2 boys ages 15 and 12.

Th 8/30: pick boys up from school 3 PM, directly to airport for 4:45 flight with layover in Baltimore. Arrive 11:15. Hopefully in bed by 2 AM.
Fri 8/31: sleep in a bit, hopefully at MK by 10. 11:05 BoG lunch. FP plan: 10 AM 7DMT, 11:30 BTMRR, 12:30 Splash. Will do our first ever MNSSHP if weather permits. Will buy tickets day before if forecast looks ok.
Sat 9/1: HS. RD if MNSSHP didn't work out night before, otherwise, get there more like 10. FP plan: 10 Slinky, 11 ToT, 12 RnR Closes at 8:30, possibly get in line for Slinky shortly before close. Otherwise watch Star Wars fireworks.
Sun 9/2: AK. RD 9 AM. Hopefully have FoP FP so we can go to Navi and avoid the masses. FP plan: FoP 9 Safari 10, Everest 11 Possibly get in line for FoP shortly before close which is currently 8:30.
Mon 9/3 EP 9-9. RD Soarin'. FP plan: LwtL 9, TT 10, Mission Space 11. Watch Illuminations.
Tues 9/4 EMM at MK. FP plan: JC 10:30, Splash 11:30, BTMRR 12:30. Go to Disney Springs after lunch and do the VOID Star Wars VR?? EMH EP until 11.
Wed 9/5 HS 9 AM. FP plan: Slinky 9, ToT 10, RnR 11. Hop to MK for EMH until 11.
Thu 9/6 AK 9 AM FP plan: FoP 9, Safari 10, Everest 11. Hop to Epcot for evening. Hopefully see/hear a bit of Glass Tiger. (LOVED them in the 80s.)
Fri 9/7 MK 8 AM EMH. 10:30 AM Crystal Palace breakfast. FP plan: 7DMT 9, Space 10, Buzz 11. Epcot open until 10, hop if we have energy.
Sat 9/8 last park day. Get Fop or slinky for this day if not able to earlier in trip. Leave park around 1 to catch DME back to airport at 3 PM. Flight at 6, layover in Chicago, arrive 11:10 PM.

I know a bunch of this will change as we are there and discover we are too tired, or don't need/want those FP anymore. But, it's great to at least have a semi-decent plan!

We have some similar plans! We will be at Epcot on 9/3, MK on 9/4. :)

The summer doldrums are really hitting me this week. So tired of feeling in limbo on everything. I called a "meeting" with my husband and daughter yesterday to discuss Disney planning. I basically got the "yeah whatever just tell us where to go" response. Fine with me! :D

The summer doldrums are really hitting me this week. So tired of feeling in limbo on everything. I called a "meeting" with my husband and daughter yesterday to discuss Disney planning. I basically got the "yeah whatever just tell us where to go" response. Fine with me! :D

Haha! If I try to discuss Disney with my 15 year old I get, "Dude. Chill. It's too early to get excited." My husband pretty much does the smile and nod or "whatever you say". My 12 year old is actually excited and fun to talk Disney with. I guess one out of three is all I'm going to get. LOL.

Me too! Whats your rope drop plan? I actually plan to rope drop left side and FP tomorrowland

Well, it will be our 2nd MK day, so it will depend some on how much we did the first day. BUT, I am planning to head to BTMRR, hopefully ride twice, then head back and hit the buffet. Possibly the boys will prefer to head to Space/Buzz, although I may sit out Space if that happens as I struggle on that thing, especially earlier in the morning.

Ok so I am torn - any input would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I am booked to do a split stay with DH Sept 8-14 Pop 3 nights, BCV 3 nights. I haven't booked airfare yet as it is still high for what I usually pay. JetBlue just emailed out a deal for booking flights and hotel packages at up to 30% off. So i did some playing around and for same dates WITH airfare I can stay at the Dolphin for all 6 nights for about $200 less than what I have booked now (estimating the pricing for airfare at the current price) Granted any savings are great BUT if the airfare goes down at all the savings is less. I factored in the $189 in resort fees and $100 for Ubers to/from MCO to my total as well already (for Dolphin) What would you do? part of me likes not having to change hotels midway and would love being in walking distance to Epcot the entire trip - but if it comes down to an almost even price what would you pick? I just want some additional opinions to see if I am forgetting anything that may factor in as well.

THANKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter