The Official Spring/Spring Advantage 2010 Thread!

congrats!!
i arrive jan 20th also :D

CONGRATS to both of you =)!

I just decided to apply for the CP one more time since I graduate in December. I also applied for a PI.
For the CP roles I picked were:
-Character Attendant
-Attractions
-Character Performer
-Bibbiddi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess
-Photopass Photographer

I'm actually gonna ask everyone a question...my dream job is actually to be in entertainment and I auditioned once before but did not pass. My height is 5'6" and I know that's average height and a bit harder. I was wondering if I should try out again anyway or not, my mom said not to because of my height but I'm not sure what to do.

And if anyone has any questions about the CP, ask me!!

I just decided to apply for the CP one more time since I graduate in December. I also applied for a PI.
-Character Attendant
-Attractions
-Character Performer
-Photopass Photographer

I'm actually gonna ask everyone a question...my dream job is actually to be in entertainment and I auditioned once before but did not pass. My height is 5'6" and I know that's average height and a bit harder. I was wondering if I should try out again anyway or not, my mom said not to because of my height but I'm not sure what to do.

to the auditioning thing, i'd just say why not try out?
it cant hurt

and it seems the way they're doing it this year, you'll find out if you get accepted or not for a role despite your audition anyway
so i would just go for it, if you dont make it, you'll have another role waiting for you anyway

Hey, just checking to see if any CS hopefuls have been accepted or if anyone has heard of any being accepted yet for spring 2010. It's been a little over 3 weeks for me and was told 2-4 weeks blah blah blah... you know the story. I'm not really worried that I haven't heard anything back since it seems like they haven't started accepting CS people yet at all. Just checking to see if that is the case. Thanks for any help.

cheepono- It appears that you only made your account so that you could be rude and hateful. If you want to be civil and take part in this thread I'm sure we would all welcome your participation. Otherwise, I will personally be ignoring your posts from here on and I suggest everyone else do the same.

Someone from the facbook group called last week and disney said that the CS should get their stuff this week.They also said if you dont recieve it this week to call.

Someone from the facbook group called last week and disney said that the CS should get their stuff this week.They also said if you dont recieve it this week to call.

Awesome, now I'm really pumped! Thanks a lot for the reply! :cool1:

Bloody heck! I'm gone for three days and people are attacking, making peace, and then attacking again rofl! :rotfl:

I have no idea who said what anymore so I'll just call it a draw and end the convo :upsidedow

But dang people, a simple debate is not worth reporting a post for rofl :goodvibes

I've just received my 4th rejection letter for just the one application. I've got to admit, this is getting pretty funny.

Too bad I'm applying for the Disneyland College Program today. Here's to four more rejection letters? :rotfl:

And Toffy, it got to be more than lighthearted debate. That ish was bananas. I called someone Grumpy. That's how you know it's serious. But it's all behind us now. :)

I've just received my 4th rejection letter for just the one application. I've got to admit, this is getting pretty funny.

Too bad I'm applying for the Disneyland College Program today. Here's to four more rejection letters? :rotfl:

And Toffy, it got to be more than lighthearted debate. That ish was bananas. I called someone Grumpy. That's how you know it's serious. But it's all behind us now. :)
lol aw! that is just plain cruel!!

well good luck with DLR! i hope you get it!

Bloody heck! I'm gone for three days and people are attacking, making peace, and then attacking again rofl! :rotfl:

I have no idea who said what anymore so I'll just call it a draw and end the convo :upsidedow

But dang people, a simple debate is not worth reporting a post for rofl :goodvibes

Welcome back!:thumbsup2 Yeah it was a little ridiculous haha. FYI the person that got reported was acting VERY inappropriately. It was just uncalled for.

I just received a Pending letter (interviewed Aug 27).

I really hope Disney makes up its mind on me within 2-3 weeks, because Dec 1 is too late for me, especially since my school's Internship office literally takes weeks to process papers :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

In peoples' experience, how long does it take to get a final answer after the Pending notice? After reading some posts, it seems to be 1-2 weeks.

Welcome back!:thumbsup2 Yeah it was a little ridiculous haha. FYI the person that got reported was acting VERY inappropriately. It was just uncalled for.

And Toffy, it got to be more than lighthearted debate. That ish was bananas. I called someone Grumpy. That's how you know it's serious. But it's all behind us now.

Oh wow I missed a lot haha! Yeah I'm thinking this is one of those times where I smile, nod, and change the subject to more important matters such as wishing Carolers good luck with DLRCP rofl:lmao:

Have any prior check in date meet ups been planned? I know it's probably worthy of it's own thread, but I thought I'd start by asking here before I go diving through the zillions of threads that have new posts :rotfl2:

-Character Attendant
-Attractions
-Character Performer
-Photopass Photographer

YES! If it is your dream to work in entertainment, keep auditioning until you make it! If there was ever a place for your dreams to come true, its Disney. Just keep trying and eventually things will pan out. Have you gone to the workshops they have for character auditions during your cp? Ive heard its a great way to acquire better skills for the auditions.

Because of this new system they are using this semester, there is no reason not to audition because it doesn't affect your acceptance wait time, the potential for getting your number one or two choice, arrival dates left available or any of that. You simply switch out the role you receive for character performer or you stick with plan A and just go in the role you were awarded if you don't pass the audition.

I just received a Pending letter (interviewed Aug 27).

I really hope Disney makes up its mind on me within 2-3 weeks, because Dec 1 is too late for me, especially since my school's Internship office literally takes weeks to process papers :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

In peoples' experience, how long does it take to get a final answer after the Pending notice? After reading some posts, it seems to be 1-2 weeks.

Sorry to quote my own post, but I know there's a bunch of you guys lurking this thread, looking for ideas about applying next semester, or even got rejected, so I thought I would share a copy of my Pending letter.

Here's a link to it: http://i36.tinypic.com/2ef4ay8.gif

Sorry for the image quality being bad, I had to do a rush job on scanning it because I have to go to class now :eek: . I also scratched out my address and the date, but hopefully you can see what a Pending letter looks like.

Yup, my letter is identical to that, except it's from another lady at DL Anaheim. I currently have it posted on my fridge and I reread it at least once a day.

So, I'm at work right now so I gotta keep this short. :rolleyes1 I got up early today and went to a little release party and picked up my copy of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days at my local Game Stop. :yay: That should give me the Disney fix I need for this week! I pre-ordered it so it came with a neat poster and 3 post cards (like the ones that came w/ Re: Chain of Memories if you pre-ordered). Just thought I would give a heads up since I know a lot of you like/love the KH series like I do and it can ease the pain of waiting!

kingdom hearts is the best!!! i love those games. my interview was 2 weeks ago im still waitin:(

OMG i just got accepted into the disney college program anaheim!!!!!! im moving in jan 10th:) I'll be working merchandise. anyone else who got accepted add my myspace

myspace.com/overlandmusic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter