The Official Spring/Spring Advantage 2010 Thread!

So I'm having a bit of a dilemma.

I applied at the end of Aug, interviewed Sept 2, and got my acceptance email Sept 28th. But I got accepted for costuming, which I specifically told them in my interview that I was only applying for because my mom wanted me to. The other roles I applied for were Character Attendant, BBB hostess, though I meant to add attractions, too.

In any case, I called them this morning wondering why that was the role they gave me, and if it was possible to switch (I asked the same thing in an email right after I got my acceptance, but they ignored those questions). I mentioned that I would also be perfectly happy with attractions, but the lady I spoke to said that the only other role available would be QSFB (which I definitely don't want).

I called them again (after hours) and left a message asking if I could be put on a waiting list for one of the other roles, so hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow.

I still have my character audition, but I doubt I'll pass it, since I'm 5'10" and overweight.

But at this point, I'm definitely leaning towards turning it down. Which is really disappointed, since I got accepted for character attendant last year, but decided to put it off until after I graduated...

So you are graduating this semester? If thats the case, this is the last chance you have for the CP. You should take what they gave you. I've heard that costuming is really fun, especially if you get entertainment costuming because you get to dress the characters on the parade floats!

Honestly, thats the whole reason they give you a checklist is to make sure that whatever they give you is something you would be willing and happy to do instead of just some random job that you have no interest in.

I say be thankful and just stick with costuming as it could be a really fun and interesting job!!

Here is a blog of a girl who do costuming currently.

http://wdwcpxperience.wordpress.com/

^That is GiggleGoddess here on the disboards. Shes very sweet. I'm sure she wouldn't mind a PM with some costuming questions!

I just got accepted for the Spring 2010 Disney CareerStart Program as a FSFB! :cool1: I am totally pumped I can barely contain myself! There is only one problem... they screwed up the contents of my folder! My orange folder contained my acceptance letter specifically for the WDW program but all the other literature is regarding the dL program!?! To top it off I didn't get a copy of the "Disney CareerStart Program Participation Checklist" which has the web address I need to accept the invitation. I have called and left a message since it is a Saturday explaining this and I left my name, phone number, and applicant number. The mix up is a bit annoying but I figure that they have accepted me into the right program but somebody just messed up when they were putting together my packet. What do you guys think?

Interview: Round 2.

I think I did pretty good on the DLCP interview which is HUGELY different from how I felt after the WDWCP interview. I was much more relaxed and much more smiley. I think the interviewer makes all the difference. This one was so much friendlier.

I'm not going to get my hopes up again and I'm not even sure if I'll go if I do get in, but I really want this badly so I hope that I at least have the chance.

I've been browsing these boards for awhile and they've been a big help (thanks guys!) but I'm waiting until DCP comes to my school in order to apply. Now that I'm seeing so many people get in I'm getting really anxious about having to wait though. Should I just go ahead and do it online? I was really hoping to hear more information about financial aid and have the ability to (hopefully!) get an interview in person, but the wait is killing me! And I don't want to lose my chance just because I applied too late. My DCP meeting is still a whole month away! :( Does anyone have any experience with the on-campus presentations that can give me some advice? Thanks so much!

I did the on campus for my first time. The only difference between on site and e presentation is the amount of people there. I would suggest going ahead and applying. They don't have negative views on people who do the e presentation first. And if you want, you can still go to campus presentation just in case.

Good luck!

I have been :thumbsup2accepted:thumbsup2 into CS for Merchandise!:woohoo:
Web Interview: Aug 31st
Phone Interview: Sept 2nd
Acceptance Letter: Oct 3rd!
I can't wait to see you all down there!!!!

I've been browsing these boards for awhile and they've been a big help (thanks guys!) but I'm waiting until DCP comes to my school in order to apply. Now that I'm seeing so many people get in I'm getting really anxious about having to wait though. Should I just go ahead and do it online? I was really hoping to hear more information about financial aid and have the ability to (hopefully!) get an interview in person, but the wait is killing me! And I don't want to lose my chance just because I applied too late. My DCP meeting is still a whole month away! :( Does anyone have any experience with the on-campus presentations that can give me some advice? Thanks so much!

I'm facing the same issue. Disney comes to my campus (Eastern Michigan) in late October and I'm wondering if I should just do the online e-presentation. But I feel more secure in the fact that I can get it done in person. I'm so torn! Who knows if we'll break down and just do it online. But would it honestly help any to wait around for Disney to come to the school? I'm wondering...

I'm facing the same issue. Disney comes to my campus (Eastern Michigan) in late October and I'm wondering if I should just do the online e-presentation. But I feel more secure in the fact that I can get it done in person. I'm so torn! Who knows if we'll break down and just do it online. But would it honestly help any to wait around for Disney to come to the school? I'm wondering...
the campus presentation gives the EXACT same information that the online one does.

if i were you, i would just do the e-presentation. you can still go to the campus one if you have any questions or just are curious, but there is no difference in doing one or the other

Interview: Round 2.

I think I did pretty good on the DLCP interview which is HUGELY different from how I felt after the WDWCP interview. I was much more relaxed and much more smiley. I think the interviewer makes all the difference. This one was so much friendlier.

I'm not going to get my hopes up again and I'm not even sure if I'll go if I do get in, but I really want this badly so I hope that I at least have the chance.

Good luck Cursed! I hope you get it, you really deserve it!!!

By choosing a the latest arrival date, will my chances of working somewhere I want be slim? Do they fill up the high demand and popular attractions/stores early on in the season?

Good luck Cursed! I hope you get it, you really deserve it!!!

Thank you! You don't know how much kind words mean to me. haha.

By choosing a the latest arrival date, will my chances of working somewhere I want be slim? Do they fill up the high demand and popular attractions/stores early on in the season?

I don't think it particularly makes a difference because you will be replacing people who are leaving at a later date. Either way I wouldn't really plan on working one place over another. (Which is hypocritical of me to say because I have places where I'm hoping to work as well haha.)

Ive been ACCEPTED into the DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM!!!! Spring Advantage 2010!!!!! I will work at Disneyland in food service!!!!!!!
I Interviewed September 28th
Accepted October 5th!!!!
YAY!!!!!

Congrats Lizzy! And welcome to the disboards!

I don't think it particularly makes a difference because you will be replacing people who are leaving at a later date. Either way I wouldn't really plan on working one place over another. (Which is hypocritical of me to say because I have places where I'm hoping to work as well haha.)

Yeah, I realize that. I just have a feeling the chances would be better if you pick one of the early arrival dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter