The Official Spring/Spring Advantage 2010 Thread!

OMG i just got accepted into the disney college program anaheim!!!!!! im moving in jan 10th:) I'll be working merchandise. anyone else who got accepted add my myspace

myspace.com/overlandmusic

Congrats!! I was accepted for merchandise too, but for the Disney World resort. You'll have to let us know how it goes in Anaheim!

I just got done with my interview. We talked about all the roles I applied for, we talked about attractions and entertainment mostly, and I did tell her that I'd like to be placed somewhere besides Attractions because I've done it twice before, she said she'd note that down. So now I'm nervous about what's going to happen. If I get in I know I won't get BBB because I have no experience, not sure about the other roles though.

I am going to the Pittsburgh audition for Character Performer though!

Good luck Sorahana. If you do get Attractions, I would say it's about time you tried to do a CP for every major thrill attraction at each park. haha.

I just got my 5th and 6th rejection letters today all for 1 application. Someone at Disney is laughing at me.

I'm scheduling my DLCP interview later today.

Good luck Sorahana. If you do get Attractions, I would say it's about time you tried to do a CP for every major thrill attraction at each park. haha.

I just got my 5th and 6th rejection letters today all for 1 application. Someone at Disney is laughing at me.

If I get in, I'm hoping not for Attractions...lol. I feel like I'll work at every major attraction...I work at the major one in AK, major one at Epcot...LOL.

And seriously...they need to stop sending you rejection letters!!

This is crazy.

I was thinking of applying for the DLCP as well, but the housing situation and how competitive it is worries me, a little.

Hello everyone! I just got accepted into the 2010 spring advantage cp in wdw!!!:) I was offered a role in qsfb, and was invited to audition for a character performer! I am so excited and REALLY would love to be a fur/face character, especially in a parade. Is it very common for cp's to be in parades? I've danced for about 17 years now, and being able to dance at Disney world would just be a dream! Also, I've read a bunch of different 'height requirement lists' but they all kinda contradict each other. I'm 5'9ish...I know I'm pretty tall for a girl. Could anyone tell me which characters I might have to opportunity to be???:)

Thank you!

Hello everyone! I just got accepted into the 2010 spring advantage cp in wdw!!!:) I was offered a role in qsfb, and was invited to audition for a character performer! I am so excited and REALLY would love to be a fur/face character, especially in a parade. Is it very common for cp's to be in parades? I've danced for about 17 years now, and being able to dance at Disney world would just be a dream! Also, I've read a bunch of different 'height requirement lists' but they all kinda contradict each other. I'm 5'9ish...I know I'm pretty tall for a girl. Could anyone tell me which characters I might have to opportunity to be???:)

Thank you!

You can PM Brenna or Joanna I believe and they can tell you what characters.
I'm not sure about CPs being in parades. I've heard of it but I believe it would depend on your color code (level of movement) whether you;d be in parades or not. Good luck and congrats!! I'm also auditioning for Character as well.

You can PM Brenna or Joanna I believe and they can tell you what characters.
I'm not sure about CPs being in parades. I've heard of it but I believe it would depend on your color code (level of movement) whether you;d be in parades or not. Good luck and congrats!! I'm also auditioning for Character as well.

thank you!:) good luck to you too! Which audition are you attending?

Orlando. I'm from California but since there aren't any auditions here, I thought why not fly out to Florida? Perfect excuse to visit wdw while I'm there:) so have you done the cp before?

Yes, I did it in Spring 08 @ Expedition Everest and Summer 09 @ Text Track, both in Atrractions. Loved it!

Hi I have been researching Disney program for a couple of months now and disboards has really helped me out throughout the applying, interviewing and waiting process. So thanks to everybody on here! I’m sure hundreds of others did the same thing I did (just checking disboards but never posting anything). I was just accepted into the DISNEYLAND program today! Technically, I was accepted yesterday when they first started accepting people but I missed the initial call, she even called me back later the night to tell me, but I had missed it again! So I am REALLY excited and can’t wait for three months to pass by so I can make my way to Cali! By the way----Interviewed: August 8, Acceptance via Phone: September 30 I was told I would find out in 3-6 weeks found out 3weeks and 1 day. I’ll be Merchandise!:cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

Hi I have been researching Disney program for a couple of months now and disboards has really helped me out throughout the applying, interviewing and waiting process. So thanks to everybody on here! I’m sure hundreds of others did the same thing I did (just checking disboards but never posting anything). I was just accepted into the DISNEYLAND program today! Technically, I was accepted yesterday when they first started accepting people but I missed the initial call, she even called me back later the night to tell me, but I had missed it again! So I am REALLY excited and can’t wait for three months to pass by so I can make my way to Cali! By the way----Interviewed: August 8, Acceptance via Phone: September 30 I was told I would find out in 3-6 weeks found out 3weeks and 1 day. I’ll be Merchandise!:cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

Congrats! That was nice of them to make a 2nd call, I'm sure it's got to be a fun job for those who make the accepted phone calls!

So I'm having a bit of a dilemma.

I applied at the end of Aug, interviewed Sept 2, and got my acceptance email Sept 28th. But I got accepted for costuming, which I specifically told them in my interview that I was only applying for because my mom wanted me to. The other roles I applied for were Character Attendant, BBB hostess, though I meant to add attractions, too.

In any case, I called them this morning wondering why that was the role they gave me, and if it was possible to switch (I asked the same thing in an email right after I got my acceptance, but they ignored those questions). I mentioned that I would also be perfectly happy with attractions, but the lady I spoke to said that the only other role available would be QSFB (which I definitely don't want).

I called them again (after hours) and left a message asking if I could be put on a waiting list for one of the other roles, so hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow.

I still have my character audition, but I doubt I'll pass it, since I'm 5'10" and overweight.

But at this point, I'm definitely leaning towards turning it down. Which is really disappointed, since I got accepted for character attendant last year, but decided to put it off until after I graduated...

No offense bgirl781, but why would you put something down that you didn't want just because your mom wanted you to?
If you really don't want costuming then take QSFB- who knows, maybe you'll enjoy it. :confused3 and maybe you'll get picked for something at the audition (I am auditioning too and I have my doubts because of my height and weight but i'm keeping positive)
Don't decline the CP though- you'll end up regretting it in the long run

I just had my phone interview this morning and I think it went alright. I was asked to select two of my top choices for roles and said Character Attendant and Merchandise. I was asked a lot of questions on Character Attendant and one about being a waiter at a previous job I had.

Some of the questions seemed quite difficult to answer but I hope I did a good job with them:rolleyes:. I'm not sure why I was asked about being a waiter when I didn't select anything about restaurants but that's alright.

Now I begin the waiting game to see if I got into the program. Hopefully, like some people, I hear back from them soon but if not, that's alright too.

Hope to see everyone soon in Buena Vista, Florida!:thumbsup2

I agree with Princess, why did you do something your mom asked you to do? I personally don't think that it's a good idea to mention your parents in the interview. This is your thing, not theirs (even though my mom secretly wish she could go too). And do qsfb, it's that of nothing, if you really want don't want costuming... go with qsfb, I know many people who is loving/loved it, and is going/went seasonal for it. Just because it might seem the lowest thing on the role chain, doesn't mean that it's really that bad... and the DCP is for experience, right? In the end, it will make you a better person because you know how to handle a qsfb setting/costuming. And if you don't want to do the cp just because you didn't get what you want, it's not that you might, you will regret it. Also, you might have taken up somebody's who would be willing to do anything just for the experience at Disney, since I was told last time I applied, they do statistical data to determined the people who accept and decline, so they don't get that spot back (supposedly). Plus if you are planning to extend you can put in a request for a role change. Just pick one, stick it out, and really you might like costuming or qsfb, if you don't (if you can) extend and pick another role :)

garovia, I think it's because they like to know about past jobs, even if you pick roles that not related to your old job. Everyone gets asked about them...

garovia, I think it's because they like to know about past jobs, even if you pick roles that not related to your old job. Everyone gets asked about them...

Oh that's good. I think I was pretty positive about my overall work history. Once or twice I might have said "um" during the more challenging questions so I hope that doesn't influence their decision about acceptance or denial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter