The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Disney Travel Professionals on YouTube has some room walkthroughs posted. As of now:

Duo Studio:

Deluxe Studio:
Thanks for sharing!

Odd that they used such low camera angles for the bathrooms...there's other ways to avoid mirrors in videos.

We were split in our home about which art we preferred, Jungle Book vs. Eyvind Earle, but it was unanimous at how small the Duo seems without a wide angle lens!

View attachment 797351

Alright kids... bring on the Opening Weekend posts / content / thoughts / elation!
We finally made it - time to celebrate and enjoy! :-).
Here's our Opening Weekend Disboards crew - looking forward to hearing all about your stays!

Sept 28: @HouseParty - Opening weekend - (1 bedroom)
Sept 28: @Nonsuch - Opening weekend (2bd hearing accessible)
Sept 28-Oct 2: @Wedgeout - Opening weekend! (Duo/garden).
Sept 28-?: @DennieC - Opening weekend! (2 bd)
Sept 28-30: @BlueIsis - Opening weekend! (2 bd)
Sept 29: @The_MT - opening weekend!
Sept 30: @Kenito - Opening weekend!

PLEASE take photos out of your window and remember your room number - going to start a
VDH Rooms with a View thread.
Forgot to add myself to this thread!

Checking in today 9/28 one night Standard view Deluxe Studio -Hearing accessible.
Can't wait to share pictures!

I saw Plan Disney posted their updated “pocket guide” on Instagram. A little concerned the Deluxe Studios mention a “1 Queen Sized Sleeper Sofa” rather than the “1 Queen Size Pull Down Bed” like all other room categories list. Can I assume this is just an error as all the renderings and preview video have the Murphy bed?

Attachments

• IMG_2162.jpeg
    IMG_2162.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 5

I don't think my post sent (if it did, sorry for the duplicate) but I saw DisneyParks & PlanDisney posted the updated "pocket guide" for the DLH. I noticed the Deluxe Studio is listed with a "Queen Sized Sleeper Sofa", while the rest of the villas list the "Queen Sized Pull Down Bed".

Hoping this is just a mistake on their part? I thought they were all supposed to have the murphy bed.

Link for reference:

Attachments

• IMG_2162.jpg
    IMG_2162.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Disney Travel Professionals on YouTube has some room walkthroughs posted. As of now:

Duo Studio:

Deluxe Studio:
As someone who likes having cold water/frozen water in the parks - I'm curious to see if the mini fridge in the Deluxe has a freezer like the Duo studio.

It probably should, right?

That duo studio is tiiiiiiny.
I've stayed in the Tower studio that's at Riviera and it reminds me of that which I loved staying in but it's definitely not for everyone. But also why it is strictly 2 adult ( plus an infant) capacity .

A standard duo is around 10-25 points per night and $13.2pp (assuming no incentives on a small contract and dues, but not including closing costs, financing interest, or TVM) then back of the napkin leads to $131 per night to $330 per night.

$131 per night can justify… $330 per night for a standard duo…

View attachment 797351

Alright kids... bring on the Opening Weekend posts / content / thoughts / elation!
We finally made it - time to celebrate and enjoy! :-).
Here's our Opening Weekend Disboards crew - looking forward to hearing all about your stays!

Sept 28: @HouseParty - Opening weekend - (1 bedroom)
Sept 28: @Nonsuch - Opening weekend (2bd hearing accessible)
Sept 28-Oct 2: @Wedgeout - Opening weekend! (Duo/garden).
Sept 28-?: @DennieC - Opening weekend! (2 bd)
Sept 28-30: @BlueIsis - Opening weekend! (2 bd)
Sept 29: @The_MT - opening weekend!
Sept 30: @Kenito - Opening weekend!

PLEASE take photos out of your window and remember your room number - going to start a
VDH Rooms with a View thread.
I'm staying in a standard view studio, I'll take lots of pictures!

That duo studio is tiiiiiiny.
Tiny but mighty! Just DW and I going in February. Had limited WDW DVC points to use. Switched from a standard studio 3 nights and was able to book a duo for 4 nights using less points. That's about the minimum duration we like. Gives enough time to arrive, couple days at the parks, then a day of rest/pool/shopping/beach/etc. at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter