The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that sales for PVB have been halted, does anyone know what the timeline for new sales would be and also points charts and early booking?
None of that has been confirmed. With all the people following this (including me), I would be sunrises if there aren't 10 threads with this information within the hour the information is released

Now that sales for PVB have been halted, does anyone know what the timeline for new sales would be and also points charts and early booking?
No new info and even guides have not been given any timeline. I know many are waiting for the announcement because they have people waiting to buy! My guide has said he will contact me as soon as any new info is shared because he knows I might want to consider it still if it ends up that current PVB points are not good there for home resort booking.

We know they still plan to open late 2024. CFW had the shortest timeshare license approval to selling as well as opening date.

Here was CFW timeline.
  1. Oct 13, 2023 timeshare license approval.
  2. December 2023 (or maybe it was start of 2024), the first declaration appeared on the county website.
  3. January 2024 details of price, point chart, etc.
  4. Feb 1, 2024 sales start to existing members.
  5. Feb 27, 2024 sales start to new members.
  6. July 1, 2024 CFW opens.
Assuming (which is not guaranteed) the same timeline for tower, they missed the deadline for opening November 1, 2024.

I find it hard to believe they won’t have this open in time for celebrities to stay there during the Christmas filming. I know that used to happen early December, but haven’t paid attention to those filming dates in years.

There are whispers of April 1, but we all know that is April Fool’s day. Ironically, PVB opened April 1.

Bottom line the timeshare license approval should be the next bread crumb. License approval only provides partial details. For me, that gives better idea of sales starting and when resort opens. If we have no information in a month, seems likely they miss the December 1 opening chance.

FWIW, Disney hotel side indicates Polynesian resort may have construction through all of 2024. Since they don’t indicate 2025 construction, that warning message likely means early December but give themselves wiggle room.

We know they still plan to open late 2024. CFW had the shortest timeshare license approval to selling as well as opening date.

Here was CFW timeline.
  1. Oct 13, 2023 timeshare license approval.
  2. December 2023 (or maybe it was start of 2024), the first declaration appeared on the county website.
  3. January 2024 details of price, point chart, etc.
  4. Feb 1, 2024 sales start to existing members.
  5. Feb 27, 2024 sales start to new members.
  6. July 1, 2024 CFW opens.
Assuming (which is not guaranteed) the same timeline for tower, they missed the deadline for opening November 1, 2024.

I find it hard to believe they won’t have this open in time for celebrities to stay there during the Christmas filming. I know that used to happen early December, but haven’t paid attention to those filming dates in years.

There are whispers of April 1, but we all know that is April Fool’s day. Ironically, PVB opened April 1.

Bottom line the timeshare license approval should be the next bread crumb. License approval only provides partial details. For me, that gives better idea of sales starting and when resort opens. If we have no information in a month, seems likely they miss the December 1 opening chance.

FWIW, Disney hotel side indicates Polynesian resort may have construction through all of 2024. Since they don’t indicate 2025 construction, that warning message likely means early December but give themselves wiggle room.
Seeing how long the Disneyland Tower took to construct, which was much smaller, I don’t think there’s any possibility it will open in December. And regardless of whether celebrities stay there during Christmas filming, they can still hype it up, and potentially even film there despite it not yet having opened.

Seeing how long the Disneyland Tower took to construct, which was much smaller, I don’t think there’s any possibility it will open in December. And regardless of whether celebrities stay there during Christmas filming, they can still hype it up, and potentially even film there despite it not yet having opened.
Do you think it will open late December? Or do you think they will anger all the Disney Polynesian hotel guests already booked for January (and potential later) by having construction longer than they are saying?

Any possibility of a flash sale for RIV just prior to Poly info being released?

My guide called 2 weeks ago. Said she had no info on Poly. I told her we aren’t interested in Cabins. Also said she has no VGF points to sell me. I told her I may be interested in RIV if they do a great sale like summer VGF. She asked why I thought RIV current pricing wasn’t good.

FWIW, when we toured RIV in October, the DVC driver told us Poly tower wouldn’t open until January.

Do you think it will open late December? Or do you think they will anger all the Disney Polynesian hotel guests already booked for January (and potential later) by having construction longer than they are saying?
My vote would be for the latter. I don’t think they care about inconveniencing guests at all, but I don’t think any poly guests would be any more inconvenienced than they have been for the last couple years, would they? And if the tower is almost done, and most of the major construction is over, and it’s mostly interior work, would it be that big a deal?
Was there any guarantee given to Poly guests regarding a construction completion date?

My vote would be for the latter. I don’t think they care about inconveniencing guests at all, but I don’t think any poly guests would be any more inconvenienced than they have been for the last couple years, would they? And if the tower is almost done, and most of the major construction is over, and it’s mostly interior work, would it be that big a deal?
Was there any guarantee given to Poly guests regarding a construction completion date?
The website states construction through December.

People have posted in various websites and social media they have asked for and received refunds because of the construction. Based on past experience with a couple issues, Disney tends to handle on a case be case basis. Obviously someone in a longhouse away from construction is not being impacted (or impacted very little)…except when the monorail outage occurred.

Outside looks like it is coming along very well. Inside is another story (at least from images for certain rooms).

I wonder if Disney may handle this similar to Kidani when it opened. For Kidani, one half of the resort was opened. Basically blocked off all floors to prevent people from accessing the other half. That would make it much more likely to be open this year. If construction is all interior and rooms on VGF side it would not impact Poly longhouses. They could put a disclaimer of construction for everyone staying in the tower….just a thought.

People have posted in various websites and social media they have asked for and received refunds because of the construction. Based on past experience with a couple issues, Disney tends to handle on a case be case basis. Obviously someone in a longhouse away from construction is not being impacted (or impacted very little)…except when the monorail outage occurred.

Outside looks like it is coming along very well. Inside is another story (at least from images for certain rooms).

I wonder if Disney may handle this similar to Kidani when it opened. For Kidani, one half of the resort was opened. Basically blocked off all floors to prevent people from accessing the other half. That would make it much more likely to be open this year. If construction is all interior and rooms on VGF side it would not impact Poly longhouses. They could put a disclaimer of construction for everyone staying in the tower….just a thought.
Who knows! My thought is that even if construction is ongoing in Jan, it probably won’t be as loud or invasive if the bulk of it is inside. Didn’t know that about Kidani, but the place is so enormous I can understand their strategy. Not sure if it would work in a much smaller building, though.

Just stayed at VDH, and both my wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the quality and clever design of the interior. I would bet that when all is done, Poly2 is going to be really nice.

Our family had lots of time to view the "progress" when we were there last week. It's basically just a concrete shell and the inside is bare bones with hanging wires. They are VERY far from being finished. If they were in a rush, you'd expect to see lots of people working on it. We saw very little happening and almost no construction workers on site over our 10 day stay. 2025 opening for sure.

Our family had lots of time to view the "progress" when we were there last week. It's basically just a concrete shell and the inside is bare bones with hanging wires. They are VERY far from being finished. If they were in a rush, you'd expect to see lots of people working on it. We saw very little happening and almost no construction workers on site over our 10 day stay. 2025 opening for sure.
No signs of life yesterday 😆

Attachments

• IMG_8129.jpeg
    IMG_8129.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 42
I really was referring to the latest addition at VGF. That was not in the other post although it was interesting.
Yes, that post stopped being updated with pricing. You might try DVCNews. They publish articles on all of that and you can go back thru them. Find the VGF resort news info and go back thru it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter