The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have there been any updates on an opening date other than late 2024?
No - and usually DVD doesn't officially announce the opening date until just a short bit before it goes on sale. The hint that things are about to be announced is when point charts etc start to emerge, but there is still a lot of work to do so I don't expect any real updates before late summer IMO.

My guess is we will find out in the Spring and it will be a few weeks before they decide to start sales.

CFW opening date and sales date announced last week with it starting Feb 1st with owners and the July 1st open. Not much lead time.

The next major detail for the tower should be the timeshare license.

Here are some comparisons:
  • VGF1 - 1/20/13 declaration granted and opening date of 10/23/23. 276 days.
  • PVB - 6/2/14 declaration granted and opening date of 4/1/15. 303 days.
  • CCV - 9/6/16 declaration granted and opening date of 7/17/17. 314 days.
  • RIV - 7/17/18 declaration granted and opening date of 12/16/19. 517 days.
  • VGF2 - 7/16/21 declaration granted and opening date of 6/20/22. 339 days.
  • VD - 8/8/22 declaration granted and opening date of 9/28/33. 416 days.
  • CFW - 10/20/23 declaration granted and opening date of 7/1/24. 255 days.
Assuming tower opens no later than December 2024:
  • If tower is like CFW, could be up to 3 months.
  • If tower is like the next shortest turnaround (VGF1), we should see something within 2 months.
  • If tower is like PVB or all the other resorts, the declaration show up within the next month.

The next major detail for the tower should be the timeshare license.

Here are some comparisons:
  • VGF1 - 1/20/13 declaration granted and opening date of 10/23/23. 276 days.
  • PVB - 6/2/14 declaration granted and opening date of 4/1/15. 303 days.
  • CCV - 9/6/16 declaration granted and opening date of 7/17/17. 314 days.
  • RIV - 7/17/18 declaration granted and opening date of 12/16/19. 517 days.
  • VGF2 - 7/16/21 declaration granted and opening date of 6/20/22. 339 days.
  • VD - 8/8/22 declaration granted and opening date of 9/28/33. 416 days.
  • CFW - 10/20/23 declaration granted and opening date of 7/1/24. 255 days.
Assuming tower opens no later than December 2024:
  • If tower is like CFW, could be up to 3 months.
  • If tower is like the next shortest turnaround (VGF1), we should see something within 2 months.
  • If tower is like PVB or all the other resorts, the declaration show up within the next month.
So would that mean that it would technically open probably around 2025 then? Points on sale when then, more fall of this year? I hate the short notice and bombing of points charts and room designs/layouts just a few weeks before it goes on sale. I'm a long-term planner, dammit! LOL.

More importantly, if they do CFW open for sale 2/1 and booking 7/1, is there a possibility for it (Poly tower) to be open Thanksgiving this year since it falls really late, or you think "late 2024" means, like, 12/20ish? LOL.

I was thinking it would definitely be open by October/November to capitalize on the fall frenzy/Christmas season of folks buying points on vacation, but I can't get a fix on how long they'll take to do the interiors now that most of the basic framing seems to be done on the outside and they're digging the pools.

We were at DLR in August 2022 and the DVC building opened up end of September 2023. They are further along at Poly than they were at DLR. They are already starting to paint the exteriors. I think end of 2024 is still possible.

So would that mean that it would technically open probably around 2025 then? Points on sale when then, more fall of this year? I hate the short notice and bombing of points charts and room designs/layouts just a few weeks before it goes on sale. I'm a long-term planner, dammit! LOL.

More importantly, if they do CFW open for sale 2/1 and booking 7/1, is there a possibility for it (Poly tower) to be open Thanksgiving this year since it falls really late, or you think "late 2024" means, like, 12/20ish? LOL.

I was thinking it would definitely be open by October/November to capitalize on the fall frenzy/Christmas season of folks buying points on vacation, but I can't get a fix on how long they'll take to do the interiors now that most of the basic framing seems to be done on the outside and they're digging the pools.
The best indicator of when they will be done is to watch any of the latest vlogs or search for pictures of construction progress. The tower is nowhere remotely close to being ready by the fall. It's still very much bare bones. As with most things Disney is building lately - it's taking a lot longer than expected. 2025 at the earliest would be my guess.

The best indicator of when they will be done is to watch any of the latest vlogs or search for pictures of construction progress. The tower is nowhere remotely close to being ready by the fall. It's still very much bare bones. As with most things Disney is building lately - it's taking a lot longer than expected. 2025 at the earliest would be my guess.
yup - with Cabins going on sale soon, I'm betting they are pushing Poly2 back to 2025 like you said :-).

All the interior framing appears to be done when viewing at night from the monorail. Assuming most of the plumbing and electrical is also completed, opening in 2024 is certainly achievable. Seeing drywall go up soon should be expected and a good sign they are still on track for a 2024 opening.

yup - with Cabins going on sale soon, I'm betting they are pushing Poly2 back to 2025 like you said :-).
I hope you guys are right my wallet still needs to recover from my last RIV addonitis purchase and it being in 2025 may give me some more time to recover..

This is a pretty good representation of what my wallet looks like right now after my last purchase

IMG_5587.jpeg

It doesn't have to be fully done for it to go on sale right? Even if it gets pushed to an early 2025 opening date (lets say march), they could put it on sale for like Nov 1 maybe?

Its 5 months from 2/1 sale open for CFW vs resort opening on 7/1.

I was there in December and it looked to be in good shape already. Seeing some recent photos and seeing how much they got done in one month, I can see it opening this year.

It doesn't have to be fully done for it to go on sale right? Even if it gets pushed to an early 2025 opening date (lets say march), they could put it on sale for like Nov 1 maybe?

Its 5 months from 2/1 sale open for CFW vs resort opening on 7/1.

No. They are allowed to start sales when the project is under construction. RIV started in April 2019 and opened in Dec 2019....but they were not opening sales for a brand new property at the same time. Now they are with CFW.

My guess is we wont see any new info regarding sales, pricing, opening date and official confirmation of the assocation in filed documents for a few more months....

For those who don’t use Twitter or follow Bioreconstruct, here’s an updated look at the tower. Theming work is starting up top. All windows (well, balcony doors) appear to be in. Pool work has begun.

https://x.com/bioreconstruct/status/1749213747858620704?s=46&t=sT4_JypHbpZ5DIQ54CuyRQ

I’m not 100% convinced they’ll make Dec 2024 but I wouldn’t rule it out either. Riv took a while after it “looked” finished outside, but inside it also had roughly twice as many rooms to finish, I believe.

Is there any reason they couldn't open earlier than we think? Perhaps they could finish the lobby, elevators, pool, restaurant, common area, and rooms in on one side of the building. Finish the rooms in the remaining portion over a few months after the initial opening.

In 2009, I recall Kidani opened but only half the resort was open. Disney spent months finishing the construction on the other half.
PVB opened with Tokelau under construction. Bungalows, Moorea, and Pago Pago were completed and open. (Definitely different scenario because Tokelau was a separate building).

Last edited:
Comparing this to VGF, when the new sales promos opened, were you restricted in time as to when you could first use the points? It seems like the available points to spend would be far more than availability until the new rooms actually open.

Comparing this to VGF, when the new sales promos opened, were you restricted in time as to when you could first use the points? It seems like the available points to spend would be far more than availability until the new rooms actually open.

You can’t use your points anywhere until the rooms open for occupancy

BPK opening June 2022…even those buying on opening day could not book a room anywhere using those points until opening day or later.

My guess is we wont see any new info regarding sales, pricing, opening date and official confirmation of the assocation in filed documents for a few more months....

I agree.

Even if they are ready to file documents and get the ball rolling now, I am sure they are going to wait until after the first couple months of CFW sales in order to not distract from that launch.

If CFW sales are going well, they could delay any Poly2 filings/announcements in order to keep the momentum up.
If CFW sales are slow, they could announce Poly2 info and schedule Poly2 sales to start earlier, and then say that they planned it that way from the beginning.

Either way, I don't see anything official coming out until the end of March or sometime in April.

Actually, since Easter is on March 31 this year, I think they may do a big CFW sales push at WDW during the holiday before making any announcement on Poly2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter