The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly.

A good old Florida sink hole could open up under the tower making it impossible to complete the project.
Should we open another thread to speculate whether it would be more or less beneficial if the Poly tower joins the existing association in the scenario that the whole resort is swallowed by a sink hole? ;-)

Not doubting they have sources and are confident in their reporting.

But my question still remains. Why is DVC refusing to answer any questions about it when asked now? How is that different than the question that was asked?

They responded twice and both times with “We can’t answer your questions.”

All I am reporting is that I can not get DVC to even confirm a statement was made.
And why give Paul “preference “ over anyone else with regards to this information?

We just got back from a week at WDW.
While there, I had a face-to-face with my guide.
He confirmed that there has been absolutely no announcement, or even a hint of one, given to the guides on Poly2, as of yet.
They have not even been given any info on CFW, other than the info and pics that were in the email we just got.
It appears that anything that cast members have said to this point is just opinion, no more, or less, valid then those that have been expressed here by all of us.

We just got back from a week at WDW.
While there, I had a face-to-face with my guide.
He confirmed that there has been absolutely no announcement, or even a hint of one, given to the guides on Poly2, as of yet.
They have not even been given any info on CFW, other than the info and pics that were in the email we just got.
It appears that anything that cast members have said to this point is just opinion, no more, or less, valid then those that have been expressed here by all of us.

Seems to match my experience. And, this is why some of us still have questions!

Should we open another thread to speculate whether it would be more or less beneficial if the Poly tower joins the existing association in the scenario that the whole resort is swallowed by a sink hole? ;-)

Used an outrageous example because boards seem to be harassing Disney guides, CMs, over this.
Funny the amount of work effort people and Disney are having to do because people don't like the current plans wording.

Used an outrageous example because boards seem to be harassing Disney guides, CMs, over this.
Funny the amount of work effort people and Disney are having to do because people don't like the current plans wording.
If that's true it's 100% their own doing. Disney could fix that issue in about 30 seconds with a simple tweet or blog post clarifying it one way or the other, or saying they're not ready to officially announce yet.

How is it harrassing? Not everyone was at the meeting and not everyone reads boards.

It has nothing to do with the wording either because the same wording could have been used in email responses to me.

A simple, “Yes, Yvonne Change shared at the meeting that the plan ….”

Seriously, if DVD is standing behind what was said, it would be very easy for everyone to be on the same page. But, they seem to be going out of their way to avoid an answer for those who want to hear it from them and not some stranger on the internet.

If those reporting have been able to get it “verified” then the rest of us should have no problem getting the same…the fact is that we can’t? Seems like DVD playing games or backtracking a bit?

Regardless, it will be what it will be and when paperwork is filed, then for me personally, that will be the official and actual decision…unless I get a different response from someone at DVC before then.

Last edited:
Well, I've spent far too much time researching sink holes in Orlando now and I'm happy to say that the Poly2 should be fine as - although Epcot is accessible conveniently by Monorail - we should not call it an Epcot resort (as everybody knows, Epcot is home to the largest sink hole in the area). Thank you, I'm showing myself out now.

On a more serious note: maybe some dis board members take matters a bit too seriously.

Did anyone speak with a DVC rep after the meeting during the Meet & Greet portion?
I’ve read reports here on DISboards from two separate people who both reported that they spoke (separately) to Yvonne Chang at the M&G, and she repeated that the current plan is to have the tower in the same association. I’m sorry I can’t quote the two posts, because I can’t remember which of the umpteen dozen relevant threads they were in!
Does it really matter that much if it’s different or the same if they don’t provide additional transportation, more restaurants, etc.? Just seems like if it’s the same or different, the overall resort will be more crowded than ever. I think we may be disappointed on the overall feeling, not the actual decision.
You’re right, it won’t matter in terms of facilities and overcrowding. It will matter in terms of which members can book villas in the tower - if same condominium association, all PVB owners will have 11 month booking, whether direct or resale, but if separate association, only owners of that new “Tower Condo Association” will have 11 month booking and only direct (and grandfathered) PVB and other DVC owners will have 7 month booking.

If that's true it's 100% their own doing. Disney could fix that issue in about 30 seconds with a simple tweet or blog post clarifying it one way or the other, or saying they're not ready to officially announce yet.
It's Disney, and specifically Disney operating in a very highly-regulated environment--even a simple tweet or other basic official communication would involve dozens of man-hours for revision and layers upon layers of approvals. That's not an excuse, but it is the reality of it all.

It's Disney, and specifically Disney operating in a very highly-regulated environment--even a simple tweet or other basic official communication would involve dozens of man-hours for revision and layers upon layers of approvals. That's not an excuse, but it is the reality of it all.
Obviously 30 seconds is hyperbole, but my point stands :) And if they spent dozens of man hours crafting that non-answer they gave at the meeting (to a question they knew was coming), they're wasting a lot of man hours 🤣

I’ve read reports here on DISboards from two separate people who both reported that they spoke (separately) to Yvonne Chang at the M&G, and she repeated that the current plan is to have the tower in the same association. I’m sorry I can’t quote the two posts, because I can’t remember which of the umpteen dozen relevant threads they were in!

You’re right, it won’t matter in terms of facilities and overcrowding. It will matter in terms of which members can book villas in the tower - if same condominium association, all PVB owners will have 11 month booking, whether direct or resale, but if separate association, only owners of that new “Tower Condo Association” will have 11 month booking and only direct (and grandfathered) PVB and other DVC owners will have 7 month booking.
It may also be important for those trying to decide if & when they should buy OR sell Poly points or OTHER points to be ready for PVB2 sales ... I think there's value in this & other discussions here on this topic. The discussions that aren't interesting or helpful to me, I don't follow or participate in. 🤷‍♀️

Obviously 30 seconds is hyperbole, but my point stands :) And if they spent dozens of man hours crafting that non-answer they gave at the meeting (to a question they knew was coming), they're wasting a lot of man hours 🤣
I figured the intern did it - maybe crafted both the question and the answer.

(Credit my idea to the TV news announcer years ago who would blame “the intern” for misspellings on slides, etc.)

Hah, no disagreement there. Sometimes being a Disney customer is a tremendously frustrating experience. Not to veer too far off the subject, but it was especially frustrating to deal with DCL during the pandemic--every other cruise line updated customers and travel agents frequently to keep up with the constantly changing conditions, but DCL was a black box because it took them so long to get any important news out.

I figured the intern did it - maybe crafted both the question and the answer.

(Credit my idea to the TV news announcer years ago who would blame “the intern” for misspellings on slides, etc.)
From the outside looking in, it appears there are a lot of interns doing a lot of things right now at Disney :-)

Hah, no disagreement there. Sometimes being a Disney customer is a tremendously frustrating experience. Not to veer too far off the subject, but it was especially frustrating to deal with DCL during the pandemic--every other cruise line updated customers and travel agents frequently to keep up with the constantly changing conditions, but DCL was a black box because it took them so long to get any important news out.
Oh I've ranted more than once about their insulting non-announcement "announcements" and the way they drip info out at a glacial pace, if you can get a straight answer at all. It's maddening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter