The Running Thread--2024

ATTQOTD:

January: All DLR 1/2 weekend runs
February: Surf City 1/2
Fairytale Challenge
April: Springtime Surprise Challenge
May: OC 1/2
La Jolla 1/2 (really don’t want to do this one 😩 but deferred from last year)
September: Halloween 1/2 Challenge for sure, maybe the 5k?
Surf City 10
October: Long Beach 1/2 (least favorite 1/2 ever, but we do it every year to complete the Beach Cities Challenge since we love the first two)
November: Revel Big Bear 1/2

I thought we didn’t have much going on this year run-wise until typing this out. 😳
I somehow ended up signing up for Surf City 1/2 today while at the expo with a friend. So I guess I will be joining you running in the atmospheric river 😂.

I somehow ended up signing up for Surf City 1/2 today while at the expo with a friend. So I guess I will be joining you running in the atmospheric river 😂.

I’ve been watching the hourly like a hawk! It is my favorite 1/2 of all time which is why I’ve done it every year since 2015 (only did the full once)! It will hopefully not be completely miserable, but I’ve definitely gotta find our WDW poncho stash🫠🫠

anyone know where back stream the standings for the marathon trials (that’s today, right?!) since I’m not home to watch

My Saturday morning.....yoga app going on the phone, marathon trials on the TV (Peacock), Classical radio in the background, dog on the couch. And all after watching the Cyclocross World Championship Elite Women and U23 Men (no surprise results)

ETA: This TV coverage reminds me why I hate watching US networks covering the Olympics. Commercials that blow right through changes of the action,. And the NBC coverage is not live...and is full of filler.

My Saturday morning.....yoga app going on the phone, marathon trials on the TV (Peacock), Classical radio in the background, dog on the couch. And all after watching the Cyclocross World Championship Elite Women and U23 Men (no surprise results)

ETA: This TV coverage reminds me why I hate watching US networks covering the Olympics. Commercials that blow right through changes of the action,. And the NBC coverage is not live...and is full of filler.
I watch the trials because I don’t like the Olympics and every time I’m reminded why I don’t watch long distance races on TV. More commercials than coverage, all for things I won’t be watching anyway.

Haha, I stopped by the OC table and ended up signing up while I was there to get the free shirt. If I do 2 I might as well suffer through Long Beach again, right? 😂

Yes, that’s the only reason we do Long Beach every year! 😆 Just the half, never the full for that one! 🙅🏼‍♀️

Cloudy, mid-30s for today’s RUN SLC 5k. First run outdoors in months, but there haven’t been a whole lotta runs, so there’s that. Felt great, ran faster than expected, but really just happy to be there.

Oh, and the event we did tonight went off with out a hitch, and although it was down to the wire, most of the party showed up 30 minutes late

Attachments

• 5FE49C5B-3271-42CB-A39F-C5EEA1D7E935.jpeg
    5FE49C5B-3271-42CB-A39F-C5EEA1D7E935.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 21
  • D127F57D-2869-4DFD-9A49-4A5C6D16E87F.jpeg
    D127F57D-2869-4DFD-9A49-4A5C6D16E87F.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4491.jpeg
    IMG_4491.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4492.jpeg
    IMG_4492.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4493.jpeg
    IMG_4493.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 22
A bit late here, but...

January totals
Running: 65.06 km (40.4 miles) at average pace of 6min44s/km (10min46s/mile)
Walking: 60.34 km (37.5 miles)

Less than I wanted, but at least is still more than an average of 2 km a day!
Also had quite a bit of fun with running in January - we had a running-based event at work that was really fun to take part in (free food, friendly competition, even got a free t shirt!).

Where's @Bree ? Isn't a pastern a horse part? I was thinking that when I read this, then realized it was a typo. :) Too many horse books when I was a little girl. :)
Yes it is 😂

It’s the part of the horse’s leg between their fetlock (ankle looking thing) and their hoof.

Edited to add a random pic of my daughter’s horse after a long day of showing yesterday.

1707094448885.jpeg

Where's @Bree ? Isn't a pastern a horse part? I was thinking that when I read this, then realized it was a typo. :) Too many horse books when I was a little girl. :)
Yes it is 😂

It’s the part of the horse’s leg between their fetlock (ankle looking thing) and their hoof.

Edited to add a random pic of my daughter’s horse after a long day of showing yesterday.

View attachment 831537
Oops, definitely don't have one of those. I probably typoed pattern and it "corrected" it to that for some reason. I am a terrible speller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter