The Tale of THREE Filets - DDP and Reviews 8/31 - 9/3 (PARTS 2-4 added 9/5)

Thanks so much for your time in writing these reviews! We will be at the Poly for the first time in 24 days, but who is counting? :)

We are looking forward to Kona based on so many great reviews. We were unable to book Le Cellier at a decent time, but I am not regretting it based on the waits being reported.

Sorry to hear that Captain Cooks was disappointing.

:thanks:

I agree totally on the filets! Kona was definitely the best.

We also ate at Concourse and Le Cellier, but Kona was head and shoulders above the rest. Their desserts were awesome as well. I had the Kiluea Torte last year as well, but this year it was absolutely incredible!!! I have never had a better dessert in my life, anywhere.

jgreen said:
I agree totally on the filets! Kona was definitely the best.

We also ate at Concourse and Le Cellier, but Kona was head and shoulders above the rest. Their desserts were awesome as well. I had the Kiluea Torte last year as well, but this year it was absolutely incredible!!! I have never had a better dessert in my life, anywhere.

I am glad that I am not alone! We were very surprised that we loved the Kona Cafe as much as we did. It was definately the dining highlight of our weekend.

Catrin

Thanks for posting! Loved the comparison style reviews. :goodvibes

Felt the same way about Kona (LOVED IT!) and Le Cellier (LACKING IN SERVICE!) as you did.

--penny

Thank you for the thorough reviews. We had free DDP last year and had the same issues as you did, not being hungry enough to eat that much. I'm sure heat played a part in it, but for us, it's just too much food. We were there for ten days and after day four, I think, we just couldn't eat any more. I don't think we ate dessert all week. We took them to go for the first few days, then it became obvious that there would never be a time when we were hungry enough to eat them, so we threw them away. We felt so stuffed by the time we came home that we were almost sick just looking at food that day, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter