The Updated and All-Inclusive Costume Thread

It looks to me like he's cutting the wig into hair extension pieces, then applying them to the form. FWIW, when I made DH's Hades hair out of a blue troll wig, we painted on bleach and glitter in key spots and it worked great. Not the realistic, lit effect you're going for but if you want easier "hair" texture to work with, it might be a place to start.

Last edited:
First disney race, participating with the family. Finishing up the mr & my costumes for the upcoming Neverland 5K. We will be the twins, raccoons.

the tails have been a challenge for me piecing together fake fur. Somebody mentioned that Disney Run guidelines say nothing below the waist. Initial panic mode. Then, I read it thru and believe that only applies to capes, or not?

Tales will slip onto back of running belts, approx 20 inches in length. Have them stuffed full, perhaps should go with more of a flat look?

Any thots on whether we should pass muster?

First disney race, participating with the family. Finishing up the mr & my costumes for the upcoming Neverland 5K. We will be the twins, raccoons.

the tails have been a challenge for me piecing together fake fur. Somebody mentioned that Disney Run guidelines say nothing below the waist. Initial panic mode. Then, I read it thru and believe that only applies to capes, or not?

Tales will slip onto back of running belts, approx 20 inches in length. Have them stuffed full, perhaps should go with more of a flat look?

What a cute idea!! My opinion (as someone who is not a CM in charge of enforcing the rules) is that as long as it isn't sticking out behind you or rigid (like with metal in in to give it shape) you'll be fine.

I think the cape rule is in place because they billow out so much when you're running, and if you think about a Maleficent cape, as an example, that could be huge and a hazard to others AND the person wearing it.

My opinion (as someone who is not a CM in charge of enforcing the rules) is that as long as it isn't sticking out behind you or rigid (like with metal in in to give it shape) you'll be fine.
That’s what I was thinking. It basically just flops down & hangs there for lack of a better term. Did a loop sort of attachment to slip on the belts.

I remember seeing a video of a man in a full blown Ursula costume with tentacles running in Epcot. Extremely well done, however, no idea how he could move in it.

I wore a stuffed tail for the Princess 10k and nobody said a word to me about it. It was a chameleon tail (I was Pascal).

And there was a group "trash panda" costume recently and they all had tails. So you're probably fine.

What a cute idea!! My opinion (as someone who is not a CM in charge of enforcing the rules) is that as long as it isn't sticking out behind you or rigid (like with metal in in to give it shape) you'll be fine.

I think the cape rule is in place because they billow out so much when you're running, and if you think about a Maleficent cape, as an example, that could be huge and a hazard to others AND the person wearing it.
no-capes-edna.gif

I've worn mouse tails and chipmunk tails in rD races that sound a lot like this and have never had an issue. You'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter